53 coaches online • Server time: 22:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

But still, lots of coaches play undead. If Bloodbowl removes undead, but keeps in halfings and goblins, I will punk Jervis out myself.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Why the F#$% are they canning the undead? Never seen one win a tourny, ever.

Then you really must come out from the dark and open your eyes Razz
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, can you be more cryptic peikko?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@ athoragg
There are Wights in the necromantic team,
to bad the Werewolfs are so fragile though...... Smile
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Once we have the results of the rules review, it will take less than a half hour to allow teams in open, make any skill changes, ect. As for existing teams, teams in DivX stay in DivX. If undead are removed from open, I imagine we will follow the same grandfathering rules we follow when players get removed. That is, no new teams will be allowed to be created, the old ones would remain until they are retired.

The Finishing Touch
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If undeads get cut in this year's review the following procedure is something I will bring up for discussion in the admin group:

1. No new undeads may be created in Open or DivX.
2. For a short period of time (2 weeks perhaps), current undead teams have the option of moving to DivT.
3. After this period of time, all Open and DivX undeads gets changed to necromantic (as suggested by the rules in the 2003 annual).

We'll see what happens though. November will certainly be interesting whether the Undeads stay or not.
Revener

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

changed? You just replace Mummies with Fleshgolems and skeletons with zombies? what about SPPs then ? (not that my mummies earn any Wink ).

Why not just let us play undead in DivX ?

I'm one of those players that never want to let a team go, even though I always lose with my undead I still love them Smile

DivT Sad
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Revener wrote:
changed? You just replace Mummies with Fleshgolems and skeletons with zombies? what about SPPs then ? (not that my mummies earn any Wink ).

Changed would mean we change the team, and you would keep any players you have that are not legal on the new team until they die, I would imagine.

Revener wrote:

Why not just let us play undead in DivX ?

Because DivX is only for official and officialy experimental teams.

The Finishing Touch
Shadow

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be bad news if they canned Undead. Makes no sense. They're certainly not an unbalanced team, or even the strongest.

Disagree with "Dark Wolf" though. I've seen 'em win plenty of tournaments.

Sad
whitey

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe after people read this thread there will be a run on new undead teams. Quick, make 'em while you still can.
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm, this may sound like a dumb question, but why change want division, teams are in now?Why move Undead, i thought that they were one of the original teams!!!!

Confused
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Burtoni wrote:
Umm, this may sound like a dumb question, but why change want division, teams are in now?Why move Undead, i thought that they were one of the original teams!!!!

Confused

Because they may be getting removed from the official teams during this years rules review.

The Finishing Touch
Petter

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww not Khemri... so much crappier team design than undead.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there some other reason for adherring 100% to the rules committee other than "that's the way Christer and Skijunkie want it"?

If the majority of the FUMBBL community enjoy playing Undead then why delete them just because the committee says so ? I mean this site is here for our entertainment (and thanks very much) so I don't understand what the harm would be.

Other than there is some contractual/copywrite/legal/whatever stuff that forces the site to adhere 100% to LRB.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Please reread the FAQ section about different divisions, Mully. Open is defined as following the current rules as closely as possible. If Undead are not on the list of official rosters then they won't be on the list of official rosters, ok?

Also please ease off on the "people's wishes vs those of the admins" spiel. You're beginning to sound a bit like Force does when he goes off on one of his new ideas. No offense intended.

Open is not the place for grandfathered rosters and things a certain way because that's "what we want." Open is supposed to match tabletop BB as closely as possible, apart from being online. While personally not sorry to see Undead go, I am empathetic to the pain of those coaches who must give up their hard won developed rosters. Even though I sympathize, those with undead teams must accept what comes, and move on. Think of it as a chance to branch out.

Lastly, when/if the roster goes the way of the Dodo officially, why doesn't everyone with UD go to divT and have one final hurrah? Play in a last man standing bash fest! Play until the ground is covered in bones, like Terminator 2! Send every undead team but one deeper into the hereafter, and crown the last necromancer King of the Underworld. Heck, I find the idea interesting enough from a spectator standpoint, I'll even administer the group if interest is high.
 Jump to: