46 coaches online • Server time: 15:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SirShadowcat

Post 22 Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone help me with some tactics för Lizards
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

don't get your sauri tied up in infight and protect your skinks Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell is our avatar?
It looks like a bouncing green elephant?
Tactics wise erm........
Dont give all the sauri Pile on. Block,gaurd,break tackle is the way.
As for the skunks catch side step surefeet etc are useful, on doubles give one sure hands, kick,block and Dirty player , every team needs one. Build up the Krox in the standard big guy way.
On D dont let the sauri get split up and isolated, keep them together in a solid block, get the skinks in the back field to haras his ball carrier,
On offense, well if you cant score with this team forget it ;p

Last edited by Zy-Nox on %b %06, %2003 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a Saurus, only he has big green shoulder pads and a polearm and he's sitting in a bumper car that is bouncing along a rough road (not shown).

Or it's a bat.

Not sure which, but Rorschach Avatars sure is a fun game.

Seriously, though, the only advice I can think of is to play cold-blooded. That's right, don't get attached to those skinks. Use them as a screen for your ball-carrying skink and a saurus then make a path with the saurus and zip through with the ball carrier. Initially, it's really easy for your Sauri to get pinned down. Break tackle is a a godsend for Sauri as it overcomes their biggest disadvantage (ag1) and uses their biggest assets (st 4 and ma 6). Like zy said, PO looks tempting to get them developed, but this way leads to ruin.

{ edit: IGNORE ANYTHING I SAY! I suck bad! Razz }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %07, %2003 - %16:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

you need your lil ones to pick up the ball cause your big ones are AG1, I've been always told that once there are no little ones on the pitch the game is 75% won so keep your skins alive for as long as humanly possible.
My 2 cents
Beater

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Always go for Diving Tackle with the Skinks and do the Elf handoff - pass two turn offense. Don't bother with caging. Use the Sauruses for sadistic purposes only.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm lots of different ideas here, I say get your Krox Diving Tackle and pro and block if possible this makes him a fearsome sight for any ballcarrier (saves those skinks from getting bashed and with 6 Sauri your LOS is pretty strong enough). Give 2-4 skinks Side Step to shore up the widezones (preferably those with nigglers etc.) Obviously Sauri need Block first then give them a variety afterwards to fit various spaces on the field. Im still experimenting with the various options with skinks but sure hands is definately worth getting, and if you get an ag4 skink I reckon to using them as a passer and retreiver rather than a ball carrier.
Apart from that Lizzies are one of the most versatile teams IMHO so just have fun and experiment.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

As a coach that has beaten many lizards, here is my advice. With 6 Saurus and a krox, that leaves 4 skinks. I tie up the Saurus and Krox and beat on the skinks. With 1ag, you are not dodging away to blitz anyone. You may have mb, po and stuff, but the skinks have stuny in addition to any skills my players may have to add to armour/cas rolls.

Many of my games with lizards end with 5 or so saurus on the field and no skinks. My suggestion is load up on break tackle. Give your saurus a chance to save your skinks and move away from tz's. On doubles, load up on block to prolong your skinks life. I have not face many skinks with block, maybe 1 or 2 at the most. I know it takes doubles to get, but skinks should be able to score and load up on skills rolls.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 90% sure that his icon is a Necron Destroyer Lord from 40k, i can't imagine where it would have come from, but thats what it looks like to me and i've wasted enough time painting necrons to know what they look like. On the topic the onlyadvice i can give about lizzies is that get all sauruses block asap, then get one of them break tackle afterwards so your defence isn't so easy to tie up. After you have one Break tackle guy go for guard on the rest for second skill and after that you can vary it up some.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The avatar is a Necron Destroyer Lord from 40k. Wink

I would agree with the break tackle, After you get block of course. The Block, guard, and BT sounds like a serious nasty with 6 Saurus. I think I made a slight error in givin one of my Saurus Stand Firm on his second roll. But I have to live with it.

~R~
Flynn

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with raimius about what the avatar is
however i think thats a terrible paint job
red metallic would be much nicer

Goodbye Cusi
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I got stand firm on a saur as his first skill. not great. i also got frenzy on one. much better, but untill he gets block its still a tad dicey. With ag 3 you need rr. a bunch of em, at least till you get +ag or sure hands. and a few extra skinks is a must cause they will get beaten up.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

if you can combine stand firm with block, dodge, and guard, it would be a very handy skill to have. Certainly it would frustrate more than one opponent.
SirShadowcat

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all.
You have been most kind all.
I have one more question aldoe.
How to defeat teams that have high movement like elves?
SirShadowcat

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oups forgot to verify that it´s an Necron destroyer lord
and yes when i paint my necrons i also go for red metallic paint.
 Jump to: