13 coaches online • Server time: 04:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=52043

if this guy gets sprint... 1 turn skink!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As if he isn't already, cataphract... one push and you are go. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in my defense I have to mention that that was my first PO team. It took quite some while to get used to playing with that many PO players. The game quite radically changes with that skill.

I also took PO as a first skill, wich was more of a "fun" thing to do since it made my roster look swanky. Playing against elves is very unforgiving. Alot of times it only takes one mistake with the ballhandling for the elves to score a touchdown. Like my latest match against W.Arsenal in wich a missed 3+ dodge with reroll cost me the match.

Most of my losses with this team was made during the first matches, since without block I was basically counting on getting a turnover at least once per turn, but it was all in good fun.

I personally feel that PO is the only skill that can be used as a natural counter against all guard teams, wich was basically the thing I was trying to build. I also thought that it would be a good incentive to make people foul more with DP's, since they are the natural counter to PO.

One thing that I have to say though is that skinks are way overpriced, the team forces you to buy them, but if you dont roll doubles they are hardly worth if after a few skills. I usually put highskilled non-doubled skinks on the skirmish line so that they take damage and die, the sauruses are 100times harder to skill up and alot more important to the team in the longterm.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

only played two game but skinks rock. Totally great player for the cost. MA8 stunty/dodge and ag3. not sure best defensive skill combo but DT and sidestep would lokk pretty hot. How broken four ma8 surefeet players, all can move 10squares and bliz. All need one with stripball or just block and kick ass
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin wrote:
I personally feel that PO is the only skill that can be used as a natural counter against all guard teams

Erm, the best way to combat lots of Guard...is get lots of Guard. Str 4 with Guard is nice...plus PO has now been nerfed.
 Jump to: