49 coaches online • Server time: 14:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Oneturners are a must?
They are absolutly neccessary
18%
 18%  [ 38 ]
hmm quite nice, but need others for dont get screwed up
53%
 53%  [ 109 ]
I ****ing hate those fast beasts
28%
 28%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 205

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pls ur opinion. I just relied on my two gutters who ran like hell but i was taught by several players not to rely on them. (as i noticed by my last death... one of the oneturners)

I just wanna get ur other oppinions of this...

thx 4 hints and tipps... and of course to all of the guys who changed my mind already.

Greetz
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

They usually end up really unbalancing the spp distribution of the team... it's a bad thing.

Yeah, they can and will win you some games but when they die, and trust me they will die, then the rest of your team will be in a lot of trouble.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

use them only when u need to

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SPP hogs and you struggle when they get taken off the pitch.

For me (and I have never actually had one....) they are like TTM. Good for a last turn score in either half if needed; but shouldnt be used for rest of the game.
Manbush

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy your one turners while you have them, use them when you want to, but know that most of us out here will gangfoul the little piece of filth at every opportunity Smile Don't get attached.

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What Manbush said.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Waste of skills in most cases. This is why:

Gutter Runners are naturally MA 9. As a coach, you can naturally one turn with rookie gutters (learn to chainpush). Creating a one turner with rats involves VLL and sprint. Two skills that serve very little purpose aside from one turning.

To me, when skilling up a team, I focus on the defense. Tactics determine offense.... skill selection helps with the D.

__Synn
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I use one turners, but mostly for tournament play. Regular play for fun, they're not worth it. But when it becomes win or go home time...

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Waste of skills in most cases. This is why:

Gutter Runners are naturally MA 9. As a coach, you can naturally one turn with rookie gutters (learn to chainpush). Creating a one turner with rats involves VLL and sprint. Two skills that serve very little purpose aside from one turning.

To me, when skilling up a team, I focus on the defense. Tactics determine offense.... skill selection helps with the D.

__Synn

Very well put. When you're a bash team and give the one turner Turn 1 of the game and then control the game from there in for a 2-1 win, the one turner is the biggest waste of SPP out there.

I would be more worried about the Dauntless / Horns / Leaping GR... they on defence will bust you up... from there, anyone with AG4 and 9MA will score once your offence has been busted.
Renno

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with Synn.

You only need three Gutter Runners for defense. Guys who can get to the ball where ever your "Kick" guy places it, even if your opponent picks it up. Because of this you can always keep one Gutter Runner on the bench until you NEED to win the game. That is where your one turner stays until you need him.

Keep one, one turner, or turn that one turner into a pass blocker. VLL gives you a +1 to intercept the ball, and if you're lucky with Nerves of Steel, you create a interceptor who can grab a pass with a 4+ roll no matter the tackle zones.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

you cant always do a chainpush oneturner, especially if your opponent places only sidestep/standfirm players on the LOS

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't take VLL on a gutter unless I already had at least two dauntless gr's. If you can't score with skaven you suck anyway--It's all about the defense.
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Creating an interceptor is a waste. Safe throw cancels out all your nifty skills.

Stick to the fundamentals.

__Synn
Renno

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A well played Skaven team isn't going to get beat up like the traditional Wood Elves. I don't know why, but my Skaven teams always out last my Wood Elf teams.

And Defense is always much, much easier to play than offense. So if your Skaven are taking away the ball and scoring, they're playing a much easier game.

That one turner puts you on defense, a game well played by Skaven.
Renno

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Creating an interceptor is a waste. Safe throw cancels out all your nifty skills.

Stick to the fundamentals.

__Synn

True, but I always like having two on hand. If you block out a persons throwers, they'll be throwing with lineman, blitzers, et cetera.
 Jump to: