45 coaches online • Server time: 13:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

News Flash:

Albertan Coach seeks 7 other enterprising coaches who are willing to see what a team looks like when it is forced to keep at Team Rating 100.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=457

Each coach will bring their own flavour. If you're in the Mountain Time Zone -- please join. The first round will begin when 8 teams are present.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't mind a small time zone difference, the Thinskull Clan would be thrilled to join in. Sounds like a really fun idea.

The group page mentions early evening, Mountain time, which would be fine by me (2 hours later in EST = about the time I'd be playing anyway).

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Right time works for me. I'm expected there'd be a little spill-over both East and West by a TZ or two. Just need to keep the peak times where they're expected.

Welcome aboard.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a great idea to try...
"fire a player after each match", basically. or every other one.

darn time-zone difference.

elitist! this is time-discrimination, that's what it is! :-p
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bendrig -- if it works, I'll likely throw up a few more of the same (if people don't beat me to it). Want to start small too, and see how long it will last.

I can see games with 5 players on the roster, and at the end of the game people looking to remove some high stars.

Would be quite interesting to see how well a stunty team would last in the long run.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite understand.
If I wasn't so lazy I'd set it up myself. Just know I have the discipline to participate, but run it is beyond me...

I think fast and agile teams are going to have an advantage if they spread the spp's right. 4 Blitzers/Catchers and a thrower is what I had in mind too.

The stunty angle is an interesting one though, and one I didn't consider. shame on me.
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see quite a few possibilities with what people might have in mind. If I had thought somebody would've taken Humans I almost was going to opt out. Low cost will have a few advantages when it comes to replacing players or keeping your Roster stacked.

*evil grin* Makes FF need to be looked at with new light as well. You can weaken your opponents by making them earn money.
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Half way there -- 4 more teams to go.

Human, Orc, Chaos, and Undead are now occupied.

Be good to see what people come up with.
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join, I am from a strange land called Minnesota, Central Time Zone....
I submitted my team Head Trauma to the tourney.... some dark elves which I haven't played for oh, about 6 years so it will be interesting....

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

2 slots remain to be filled...

... and yes, it should be very interesting.
Moxy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in there, my Dwarves will give this a shot
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, not dwarves....

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit I'm a bit baffled by the kind of teams that joined...

Orcs, Undead, Dwarves, Chaos... all teams that need enough players on the field to adequately cover the field. something the very basis of this system denies them, it seems.
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

lol -- there will be a lack of Dwarves after all. It would appear that an approval monkey couldn't approve his team before the last two slots were filled.

The final 8:

Filov - Skaven
phreaky1 - Chaos
LurkingGrue - Undead
meatpack - Dark Elf
ve6neo - Human
IvanTheCow - Lizardmen
SirSlappy- Norse
BadMrMojo - Orc

Should be an interesting mix. The fixtures are in. Start playing away.

Keep in mind, if you play a game at TR101+ you will forfeit all remaining games.

For those that have missed the first boat, when the Premiere event has finished I will be looking for 8 more coaches and how many ever coaches are needed to fill the gaps left.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bendrig wrote:
I must admit I'm a bit baffled by the kind of teams that joined...

Orcs, Undead, Dwarves, Chaos... all teams that need enough players on the field to adequately cover the field. something the very basis of this system denies them, it seems.

Ok, I'll admit it. I just had a div T team that I never played and I threw them in. Also, I have never actually played orcs before. Something different, if not too bright.

Gobbos should help keep some coverage without jacking TR too much, I would think... A high FF might allow me to retire that BOB who's been stuck with nothing but an MVP (and therefore a precious TR) and just buy a new one. To be honest, I have no idea how it will work out...

{ edit: just noticed the list of teams. Maybe after a few games I'll be testing the Stunty theory with nothing but 4 l33t Gobbos and a +AG Ogre. That would rock... }

Jump to: