13 coaches online • Server time: 06:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phoenixlaw32

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

not bad but the roster is too big.
Blutzh

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the positive feedbacks. Lots of great ideas. Im considering all of them 'cause they are all good Smile

I will do some work on an update.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2007 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harkoninuse wrote:

My suggestion would be to make the coach a Chief Recruiter, which has a rule similar to a Necromancer, instead of raising players, they are "persuaded" to join the hobgoblin team. The kicker is that these new players come with a niggling injury in addition to whatever else they had. It explains why the team can't get an apothecary (too busy recruiting) and gives the team the chance to overcome the initial handicap of having no big guys and every player being worse than even the other stunties.

I like this alot. Rather than making it a niggling injury though, why not make it an ageing result?

Could be a fun team to use against all those grandfathered big guys Very Happy

I love this team. I think the hobgoblins will already be dominant players though and should have no problems skilling up. I'd suggest maybe upping the power of the various different linemen since I'm sure they will aquire some injuries pretty quickly (no apoth). The strength of the team should be variety and numbers backed up by the hobgoblin superstars.

Adding an incontinent troll or two might be pretty sweet though.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So is this an actual contender for a stunty slot? You'd actually like this to be one of the two?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

definetly with a bit of work this could be the best Idea for a stunty team evar

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

you would get all the positonals you wanted in the team. (av8 lineman, 1 dirty player, 1 kicker, 1 sure hands, guards) not to mention the 4 str3 G access players.
it is just too much. reminds me of the old pact and old world teams, where you got all in 1.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A fun proposal, but I don't really want to see G access on ST 3 AG 3 players. They are allready very good.

As someone mentioned I think the roster is too big. I know that people with 5-6 positionals have gotten critique for having too big rosters. This one feels a bit that you have just splurged every fun thing you can imagine into the same roster and it might be a tad bit unfair for the other teams if this one has everything Smile

So in conclusion, I find it too strong and too excessive. If there is an "all optionals available" team you don't really need any other teams...
kpsycho

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Smashed Knee Hobgoblin 60.000
5 3 3 7 G, n

0-1 Smashed Collar Bone Hobgoblin 50.000
6 2 3 7 G, n

0-1 Broken Neck Hobgoblin 60.000
6 3 2 7 G, n

0-1 Fractured Skull Hobgoblin 60.000
6 3 3 6 G, n

0-1 Incontinent Troll 90.000
4 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Always Hungry, Big Guy, Really Stupid, Throw Team Mate, Morley's Revenge S

0-4 Drunk Goblin 50.000
4 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Pogo Stick, Thick Skull A

0-16 Snotling 20.000
4 1 3 5 Dodge, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull, Two Heads A
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Needs lots of work to work. But the basic concept is immense. I guess it just appeals to my sense of humour (as well as personal fluff).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Fizban

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

This idea is pure gold. I love it.

Give em an apo - at this point they have surely learned that they want to hire one, since it was always reserved for CD's on their previous team, but now they can have their own!
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say make a young hobgoblin team. players could be a youth who later want to be real stars on the blood bowl field. but until then they have the stunty leeg to prove themselves.

0-1 Dwarven Trainer 4 3 2 9 thick skull, block, tackle, coach (S,G) 90k - used to be an ordinary longbeard, but since he is a trainer he thinks a lot more of himself, and needs more money too
0-2 Hobgoblin Assistant 6 3 3 7 (A) 60k - never became a pro, he was never quite good enough
0-16 Hobgoblin Youngster 5 2 3 6 stunty, dodge, right stuff (A) 30k - full of hopes
AndyBurns

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What a great idea! It'll give hope to all those injured hobgoblins!

Drunk Goblin and Kalamona's avatar set me thinking - how about RS 'Drunk goblins' - that way they'll go round in pairs...
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think it's an awesome idea, best fluff reason for a stunty team I think.

My suggestion;

The rejects were all rejected after their first skill (normal), they have trained themselves with varying disciplines (skills sets) to make them the key players on the new Hobgoblin Allstars Team, corrupting Gnomes and recruiting evil rejects.

0-1 Broken Neck Hobgoblin 6 3 2 7 Tackle S 60k - No agility so focusses on bashing, sort of a big guy.
0-1 Smashed Knee Hobgoblin 5 3 3 7 Block G 60k - Slow so smacks those stunties down sorta big guy no.2.
0-1 Smashed Collar Bone Hobgoblin 6 2 3 7 Dirty Player A 50k - Focusses on agility due to lack of strength.
0-1 Fractured Skull Hobgoblin 6 3 3 6 Sure Hands P 60k - Easily hurt, stays back and passes the ball.

0-3 Chaos Gnome 4 2 3 8 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull A 50k
0-3 Beaten once too often Chaos Halfling 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A Ph 30k
0-3 Not regenerated right Nurgling 4 2 2 7 Dodge, Stunty. Regenerate A Ph 40k
0-3 Old and Weak Slave 6 1 3 5 Dodge, Guard, Stunty A 30k

Re-Roll Counter 60000
Apothecary: Yes
Big Guy: None
Star Players: I'm thinking

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea with the beaten Hobbos.

Kalamona: Why give regular Hobgoblins (A) access? Does that work fluff wise?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I still like the idea of an incontinent troll as well as a niggled star player. I want an attempt at it a bit later.

Jump to: