46 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
I like the idea with the beaten Hobbos.

Kalamona: Why give regular Hobgoblins (A) access? Does that work fluff wise?

Not really, but G skills make them too strong Smile
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
BooAhl wrote:
I like the idea with the beaten Hobbos.

Kalamona: Why give regular Hobgoblins (A) access? Does that work fluff wise?

Not really, but G skills make them too strong Smile

Does it really? 2 av7 Hobbos with block and tackle vs 3 Minotaurs? Dont know. There is alwyas these complaints about too strong. But the first suggestion with the crippled players. 4 G guys. 1 with st2. Dosnt seem overpowered. All av6-7
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

In stunty league a ST 3 AG 3 player is better than a minotaur, so yeah, I would definately say that it is too strong. 3 ST 3 AG 3 players with block and tackle would be insanely good in stunty league.

It's high time for people to lay their enthusiasm for how fun this team will be to play aside and look at balance issues. Or, as someone else mentioned, we might end up with another Chaos Pact or Old World team on our hands. Teams that I'm sure is fun to play, but that nobody wants to play against.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

But they all have niggles...

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

what about giving Kalamona's hobgoblins bonehead too? or big guy even. This would compensate for them having just G access.

They were either even thicker than normal hobgoblins or not team players hence being unable to use re-rolls, so you either have to give them pro 1st skill or risk them failing things all the time.

I do like this idea, not sure how you work out the worth of a Troll that spends half the game in the reserve box though.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
But they all have niggles...

A niggle is not a weakness unless it comes in effect though. That's 1 chance in 6, which isn't too big.

And considering the niggles...since Fumbbl is having problems with deliberate disconnects it might be worth considering what a temptation it is to create a team that starts with niggles on the best players.

I think it's a fun team concept too, but I think people are way too enthusiastic about the fun fluff to consider the more important game balance issues.
kpsycho

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

For 4 n players the chance of at least one of them missing a match is 50 %. Add the incontinent Troll and they are not that tough.
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a fantastic idea, but as people have pointed out, it needs work. As far as "stuntesque" ideas go this is one of the best, as far as a balanced coherent roster goes, this one needs some focus.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think it's an awesome idea, best fluff reason for a stunty team I think.
0-1 Broken Neck Hobgoblin 6 3 2 7 G 50k
0-1 Smashed Knee Hobgoblin 5 3 3 7 G 50k
0-1 Smashed Collar Bone Hobgoblin 6 2 3 7 50k
0-1 Fractured Skull Hobgoblin 6 3 3 6 G 50k

0-4 Washed Up Goblins 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Sprint A, 40k - Couldn't make the cut on one of the many Goblin teams, so they took up to drinking heavily.
0-4 Beaten Gnome 4 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull, Piling On A 50k - Not tough enough to qualify for the gnome team, so they've learned to spitefully pick on those that they can get the better of.
0-4 Crushed Chaos Halfling 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A Ph 30k
0-4 Snotlings - Snotling stats. To nerf a snotling would be criminal.
0-4 Old and Weak Slave 6 1 3 5 Dodge, Guard, Stunty A 20k - They've been broken down for so long, even their skaven masters don't consider them of use. AV5 stunty without the two heads, thick skull or regenerate of snotlings, so 20k is fair.

Re-Roll Counter 60000
Apothecary: Yes
Big Guy: 0-1 Incontinent Troll (80k Troll with Morleys)
Star Players:

Keep the hobgoblins without skills, but with general skills. The team only has a morley's troll for general access, and the hobgobs are fairly easy pickings for even stuntys to take down. Otherwise, the potential ballhandlers are either very soft, very slow or very unagile.

The other thing I was thinking was bonehead on all the hobgoblins, but only 40k each.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a potentially really powerful lineup, with lots of different tools for the job (Hobgoblins, Troll (half the time), Guard, PO). Heavy-duty playtesting is required.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this team is original enough with the hobgoblins...I don't quite see why they should have such a vast amount of semi positional linemen to chose from. This team has the potential to be extremly powerful, even if it on a bad day can become quite weak as well.

Take the skryre slaves for example. They aren't very strong because they are all ST 1. They would however be a very good compliment player to ALL other teams, because of their access to guard.

Having a bunch of tactical choices, although a bit crippled, has the potential of making this team seriously unbalanced. Just imagine a ST 3 ST 3 Blodger running with the ball and flanked by ST 1 guards. A lot of teams are going to have very big problems stopping such an advance, and when it can be protected by ST 3 block tacklers it makes it even worse.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally the thing which sells this team to me is the hobgoblin stars.

I love the idea that a small bunch of retired and broken hobgoblins can form a team in stunty where they will be superstars. I also like the idea that all they can attract will be a hotchpotch of players rejected even from other stunty teams.

Basicly, I think that we can afford to make the hobgoblins themselves reasonably good. In return their linemen dont have to be so good, a tradeoff between cool stars and trash.

Two ways we could do this:

1 - pre bork the linemen. Giving them skillsas deckerCKY suggested is nice but we need to be careful. Maybe they should just be bad.

2 - Give everyone except the hobgoblins the big guy trait Twisted Evil
Imagine that this hobgoblin team does team training... are they gonna pay for training for themselves or the trash?

Remember that only two are the hobgoblins will be really decent ball carriers (St3, Ag3) and that they will get broken with no dodge, or at least knocked down more.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

may i remind most of you, that some fought very hard to get G off from BGs, saying the leeg should be based upon the stunty players.

now then...you just find tempting a team that has at least 4 key players that has nothing to do with stunty (niggle or not).

some of you should really make up their minds what they expect from the leeg.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. The focus will definately not be on the stunty players. Another reason to drop the G access from the ST 3 players.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking that that would be the reason for giving them the G access. Different interpretations I guess.

I do get Kalamonas point too, thugh I dont entirely agree with it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: