12 coaches online • Server time: 05:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kpsycho

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

are you guys really comparing injured hobgoblins with minotaurs, ogres and trolls? what about squig herders then btw?
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
are you guys really comparing injured hobgoblins with minotaurs, ogres and trolls? what about squig herders then btw?

I would take a ST 3 AG 3 player with G access over a troll in stunty league. It's not only because they are reliable and can score, with block and tackle they will likely cause more casualties in the end as well. You get an excellent blitzer and a hard stopped scorer in one. Add ST 1 guards to that and that burly troll will soon lay prone on the pitch as well.

The squig teams can't really be compared. First of all, they don't have any hands so they won't score. With Really Stupid and OFAB they often end up doing nothing or snacking on their own team, which means less people around to make sure that they pass their RS rolls. And keep in mind, the best way to win over a squig team is to take out the herders...a weakness that the hobgoblins won't suffer from.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Hobgoblins with G access >> 1 Big Guy without. At least in Stunty.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hobgoblins
- stonger than stunty player
- can have block/tackle on a normal skill roll
- they can use RRs
- they are fairly agile
- rolls once 1/6, if fails misses the match

big guys:
- stronger than stunty players
- they have mighty blow and injure players easier
- rolls every turn 1/6 or 3/6 and loses the action

yes, i do compare them.
kpsycho

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

- only 3/4 hobgoblins are stronger than a stunty player
- they are niggled (in my suggestion) so you'll usually field only 3/4 (really stupid on the field isnt exactly the same...)
- they have av 6 or 7 which means that they will die rather quick
- there is a bigger difference between str 3 and 5 than just "stronger than stunty player"
- dont forget to look at the rest of the team
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

no disrespect kpsycho, but you are wrong. i wont even start an argument. play your first stunty match and come back after that , and convince me that 3 or 4 str 3 block/tackle player are worse than 2 minos. until then so long.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
no disrespect kpsycho, but you are wrong. i wont even start an argument. play your first stunty match and come back after that , and convince me that 3 or 4 str 3 block/tackle player are worse than 2 minos. until then so long.

I have acctually played 1 stunty game, and some in FWC (So I know what Im talking about!!!). As I recall; Hobbos dont come with block/tackle. But maybe they do in stunty?
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

oh well... if you had a mino and 16 spp. what would be the 2 skills you chose if you only had S access? and if you had a hobgoblin with 16 spp with G access what would be the 2 skills?

and who can earn spp easier a mino or a hobgoblin? just think about it.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The big guy comparison is ridiculous in my opinion, av7 and no regen/thick skull means that weapons are going to be quite effective vs them, daggers especially. Only st3 means that dauntless players shouldnt have any problems and you only need 2 or 3 assists. Developed a (G) Hobgoblin can be very strong but I think it will be difficult getting them past 16 or 31. Obviously playtesting will be required, which I would be willing to take part in.

In my suggestion you only get 1 with G access anyways, however I can see the point about having the slave guards so I will revise my interpretation;

0-1 Broken Neck Hobgoblin 6 3 2 7 Tackle [S] 60k
0-1 Smashed Knee Hobgoblin 5 3 3 7 Block [G] 60k
0-1 Smashed Collar Bone Hobgoblin 6 2 3 7 Dirty Player [A] 60k
0-1 Fractured Skull Hobgoblin 6 3 3 6 Sure Hands [P] 60k

0-3 Chaos Gnome 4 2 3 8 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull [A] 50k
0-3 Beaten once too often Chaos Halfling 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty [A, Ph] 30k
0-3 Broken Nose Gnoblar 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty [A] 30k
0-3 Not regenerated right Nurgling 4 2 2 7 Dodge, Stunty. Regenerate [A, Ph] 40k

Re-Roll Counter 70000
Apothecary: Yes
Big Guy: None
Star Players: I'm thinking

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So for a 16-player team, you would have absolutely no choice in your player selection?

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont agree with Jock about giving them different access. Then they would be way to strong. Give all [G] and depending on how strong they are give them a (halfgood)starting skill, like kick, DP, surehands and kick(nr2). And Kalamona, av 6/7 vs MB/PO dosnt automatically give you 2 skills. And this talk about giving them niggle as a start is also stupid. What if the virus comes to visit? Also they would have to switch names from Smashed... to Smashed ... and (what now gives a niggle).

Lets get STUNTY up and running!!!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Developed a (G) Hobgoblin can be very strong but I think it will be difficult getting them past 16 or 31.

Why, because they have AV 7? In a league where basically everyone else have ST 2 or lacks G access? Do you realize how fast a G access ST 3 AG 3 player can develop in such an environent?

In my squig herder team all of my 3 squigs have passed SPP 30. And they don't have G access and are very attractive foul bait.

You can't base balance issues on a hunch that they might get killed easy. That's an awful tactic for developing a balanced team.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
And Kalamona, av 6/7 vs MB/PO dosnt automatically give you 2 skills.

hmmmm....what you are saying is....hmmm....well...sorry but i think i am lost. i no longer know if you argue for or against hogoblins.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait....most other rosters have 2 general players (many of whom come with dodge or MB too). This one just sacrifices their big guys for some S3 players with general.

And without tackle big guys, those non-A access hobgobs go down easier than most stunties. They're vulnerable to bombs, saws, daggers, and pretty much any weapon, but the team depends on them.

A few AV5 guards don't bork the team. Not even close.

I don't like the niggled version only because of virus. That'd be a team killer. If you need a negatrait, give the hobbos bonehead.
 Jump to: