33 coaches online • Server time: 10:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fritchey

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. I'm fairly new to Bloodbowl and just recently found out about this site. Overall I need some help with working the chat software and ways to setup games with other players. Any help would be appreciated.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you read the Help pages?
If so, do you have more specific questions?
Fritchey

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I downloaded Xchat and went through the instructions on how to set it up, but it keeps saying unknown server, and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

irc.fumbbl.com?
Fritchey

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops. Just spelled something wrong. Sorry to waste your time on that. I really appreciate the help and the quick responses. I assume it would be better and quicker to use the chat from here on out for questions?
Plorg

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Chat usually gives a faster response time depending on who is online and helpful at the time.
tenpole

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

But it can give many unhelpful advice from the clowns, mind you get that in the forums as well.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

have you played much table-top bloodbowl? If so you'll be familiar with the game/rules anyway and that will make it easier.

My advice is: play one game with that academy team you have set up just to learn how the java client works / how to start games (hint: from the 'home' page that lists your teams click play next to your team and it will give you a window that starts the java client with that team, I didn't know this at the start). There's not many academy teams so you may have to wait a while to find a game- ask on IRC in #fumbblacademy (or #fumbbl if you can't get anything but that's the general channel)
Then make a ranked team as it's muuuch easier to get games that way (usual wait: couple minutes) and you can use the gamefinder to challenge/be challenged

good luck!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Then make a ranked team as it's muuuch easier to get games that way (usual wait: couple minutes)

...unless you coach Dorfs or Khemri, that is Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

to learn the client it is also a nice idea to play some stand-alone games.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
to learn the client it is also a nice idea to play some stand-alone games.

You can play with some standard starting teams that come with the client or play with teams that you've used in online games, or, helpfully with teams from games you spectate. Which by the way is a good way to pick up some tips, try spectating some games with starting teams from races you like played by experienced coaches.
Fritchey

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure to ask when I have more questions.
 Jump to: