50 coaches online • Server time: 17:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem with some stunty players being shown as just white circles with an 'L' in it. I'm using the Ultimate FUMBBL Pack: Extra Icons and portraits for Javabowl.

Example:
The Snotling Hero and Snotling Pump Wagon are not displayed correctly. Here are the lines from my positions.ini:

[SNOTLING]

lcirclegif=back.png
rcirclegif=back2.png
lforecolor=-131124
lhlcolor=-16777216
rforecolor=-131124
rhlcolor=-16777216
SNOTLING=S
SNOTLING HERO=SH

The pictures for that Players are displayed correctly, just the circle on the pitch has the wrong color and the letter is an 'L'. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you need to download the stunty icons from the download section and then modify the icons.ini. i think the way to do it is included in a readme file with the icons.
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't tried the icons (little pictures of the players on the pitch) but I have problems with the "circle-and-letter" style.

I donwloaded the complete UFP and installed it (hopefully) properly. Wink

Founder of FLOP.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=110

you find the stunty icons here.

you unzip it and add the icons to your JBB folder to the pic/icons. you can find an icons.ini file, you either modify it for the new icons, or just simply overwrite it with the one next to the zipped icons.
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

moonl1te wrote:
[...] but I have problems with the "circle-and-letter" style.

I have no problems seeing the player pictures. The link you gave contains only .gif files which is not what I am looking for! I already have all those pics and have the correct icons.ini.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

moonl1te, what they are politely trying to say is, "NO, you don't". If they were all in the right place, you'd see them in the game.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, let me see if I get you right:

If all the player icons are in the correct folder (and only then) I will correctly see not the player icons but the circles with letters in them on the pitch?

Founder of FLOP.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a dot man too. I think I updated the positions.ini file to include all the new positionals for stunty. You can find my update in the following thread: Attack of the gray "L"s

I haven't played much stunty since the changes, so I don't know if all the 'names' are correct - which would result in a "gray L."

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... I found an error in my positions.ini: There were two paragraphs [snotlings], with the first containing no entry for SNOTLING HERO. Smile

Founder of FLOP.
Thyrreks

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mate, if you want to see player icons, you have to modify the icons.ini file not the positions.ini file.

Download from the site the stunty icons, paste them into your own BBOWL/pics/icons folder.

Read the readme text and modify accordingly your icons.ini file(located in your BBOWL folder) then it should work properly.
If you're still getting circles for some players it means that you don't have any icons for them or the one you're using are not located at the right place.
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx, Thyrreks. As I wrote I already solved the problem. As I already stated several times I have no problems seeing the player icons on the pitch - I don't WANT to see them. I use the circle-with-letter-inside style. Wink

Founder of FLOP.
Thyrreks

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to give specific icons to some players of yours then you can add them in the [PLAYERS] part of the icons.ini file
It can be of great help when you're coaching teams with many similar players that earned different skills.
Example :
writing KAKOO=hthrower1.gif in the [PLAYERS] part from the icons.ini file will set the high elf thrower icon (hthrower1.gif) to the player named Kakoo.
To be noted :Player names have to be written in capitals.
Thyrreks

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, it's up to you but some icons are really nice compared to grey/blue/red pills..........
cultofspeed

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:

Example :
writing KAKOO=hthrower1.gif in the [PLAYERS] part from the icons.ini file will set the high elf thrower icon (hthrower1.gif) to the player named Kakoo.
To be noted :Player names have to be written in capitals.

you mean BLACK ORC BLOCKER=borc1.gif to change in to BIG MEK=borc1.gif , name of BO is Big Mek.I try this and no work maybe i do something wrong

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I try all possible combination and no work.
here is example,my player name is Big mek and new icon is blackorc1 and blackorc1an, I need to writte this:
BIG MEK=blackorc1.gif ?

Jump to: