43 coaches online • Server time: 15:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the concept?
Definitely worth developing. It's one of the strongest concepts floating around.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
I like it. But I'd like to see skills and numbers before endorsing.
29%
 29%  [ 23 ]
Average Concept. No better than the other concepts floating around.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Below average. Not worht investing any time in developing.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
The worst Stunty Leeg Concept that I've seen in ages.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
You really should be pushing your Circus, Horrors, or Bray concepts.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

PsyPhiGrad wrote:
I imagined the Whirlwinds to be a slow-moving whirr of stabby bits and not a karooming Ball and Chain like player.

No, this is exactly what they aren't. Have you seen one? Garion used to have a tenderizer as his forum pic.

If these things were not moving they were useless, they needed momentum to smash into the opponents.

If they didn't have sufficient momentum to push through a unit, they were wedged and hacked to bits.

If they were attacked they were at a disadvantage due to not having any momentum and could only attack once per turn instead of 3.

This was an impact weapon much like a scythed chariot. A chariot that was halted was nigh on useless, the same with these boys.

I love Warhammer CDs with passion; at one point (maybe still) I had the most extensive/expensive CD army in the world. I'd value it at well well into the thousands of pounds. However, I'm not so sure on the idea in stunty.

Ironman meant that at worst your player could only be stunned. He could not take an injury. It was a handicap.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

With a Tzeentch and Nurgz team in Stunty already I kinda like the idea of completing the cycle.
I think changing this idea a bit to be Khorne Daemon Engines would be cool(think of the old epic things and the blood slaughterer).

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Originally the Daemon engines of Khorne were done by CDs. CDs in their first incarnation were Khorne followers and made engines like the Khorne Juggernaut.

However CDs were changed for 4th ed Warhammer, so the fluff had to be changed. Although pieces like the Juggernaut survived. However the idea of CDs and daemon engines was brought back late in 6th edition and pushed on via a novel and resin range.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernauts have always just been daemons... not that it's too relevant really. I was just saying what I would think would be a cool idea for a team. Cooler than tenderisers etc which could be on an a secret league old school CD team.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No originally the Khorne Juggernaut was a construct. http://www.solegends.com/citcat89/c890224chaosmounts-01.htm A little different to CD daemon infused machines of today, and the Juggernaut of today. However, the origin of the idea.

For 3rd edition Warhammer, there was a standard Chaos list, and then 2 extra books were made that covered the ruinous powers.

CDs could be used as allies to Chaos and in the Khorne army list. The fluff for the Juggernaut was that Khorne provided the daemon and the Chaos Dwarfs constructed the machine to imprison it. Enraged, the daemon and trapped the daemon seethed with hatred.

I personally cannot see a place for the whirlwind or tenderizer in BB; particularly with the client, you couldn't really replicate it.

The thing with Tzeentch and Nurgle is that they had smaller daemons to fit. Nurglings and blue horrors (not that they are that small). Khorne and Slaanesh don't really have anything that fits stunty. C Flings look a bit Khorney I guess! If they did, I'm pretty sure they'd already have teams.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude I know all the old figures and old fluff, and I've got all the books. The CDs just made the tenderiser etc with science and the Jugger was a daemon not a construct, don't know where u got that from.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why it fits into Blood Bowl and Stunty.

PsyPhiGrad wrote:
Almost forgot to include my favourite part of the roster:

When their 2505 proposal to enter into the Stunty Leeg a team made up exclusively of their hobgoblin slaves was rejected because "hobgoblins just aren't stunty, no matter how stunted their brains may be", the stubborn Chaos Dwarves vowed to return in a few years with an offer the Leeg commissioner couldn't refuse. Deep in the volcanic depths of Kal-Garak, they laboured in secrecy. Blue prints were drawn, molten steel was shaped, weapons were crafted, goblin slaves were gathered, daemons were summoned and all were fused into fierce small daemonic engines. Some were purely mechanical beings with the spirits of daemons powering them, while others were crippled goblin slaves given a new life with grafted mechanical and daemonic components but one thing was certain; these new creations "were stunty, no matter how tormented and disfigured". In 2508 the Kal-Garak Stompeders demanded entry into the Stunty Leeg and screams of joy and torment filled the Stunty Leeg Stadiums during their volcanic inaugural season.

I think it's a great take on the whole dream to add a new stunty team so many coaches have. "But they are not stunty" is a common refrain for coaches who want to add all sorts of cool but much too large elements of the Warhammer Universe. The Chaos Dwarves took this to heart and deliberately designed a team to meet the Leeg's requirements even if it meant infusing daemons into stunty bodies. Seems perfect to me.

And I'm delighted to see the arcana of GW Chaos Dwarf backstory being discussed. This is what I've enjoyed most of from Stunty. The depths people will plumb to create interesting and compatible rosters.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
I thought Evolve was back for a second....damn.

Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The inside is a demon, however the armour was made by CDs and made to imprison/control the demon. A demon wouldn't except a mortal mount otherwise.

You can find the fluff in a few places. A White Dwarf for one (pass on the number). A comment in the Slaves to Darkness and a section on it in 'Liber Chaotica Khorne'. Which is the best source.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right, Liber Khorne says that the theory that CDs made them is "patent nonsense". Sounds good to me Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but you know how those articles work, right? There's also one that says that ratmen don't exist and are hallucinations of mad men.

It's fluff though, you could go either way on it and now the fluff is that CDs had nothing to do with them.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

FLUFF FIGHT!

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this thread has really taken a dive into the deep end.

PsyPhiGrad wrote:
And I'm delighted to see the arcana of GW Chaos Dwarf backstory being discussed.

Oh boy.

On the other hand, the longer you guys debate where Juggernaughts and Dicerizers come from, the less likely you'll ever get around to tying to squeeze this concept into a Stunty package (as impossible as that would seem).

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Machine #1 0-2 0 3 2 10 really stupid, jump up, chainsaw, (secret weapon?) G
Machine #2 0-2 0 3 2 9 really stupid, jump up, stab, multiple block (secret weapon?) G
Hobgoblin 0-2 6 3 3 7 dirty player, grab G
Mechasnotling 0-4 5 1 3 6 titchy, dodge, sidestep, diving tackle, grab (regeneration?) A, M, S
Snotling 0-16 5 1 3 5 titchy, dodge, sidestep, A

There was discussion in some thred about seesaws that could TTM enemy players when they are pushed to it. This is little diffrent adoption of that idea.

This roster would make unique playstyle where you must use grab to get enemies on machine range and they will be lethal when so. Modified snotlings will be great fun with few skills. Suddenly frenzy becomes good hobgoblin skill. Balance and prizing I dont know.

edit: canĀ“t combine grab with frenzy. Duh!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You can. You just can't under CRP. The client allows it, we did it with the birthday stars.
 Jump to: