26 coaches online • Server time: 08:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Oh and fyi I didn't win mine back to back, as Malthor won the GLT in between the UI and FC.

Oops, my bad! Edited in the top post.
Colin

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Once it's done, I suggest you submit it all to the Recordopedia Spluttanica asdescribed here: http://fumbbl.com/help:Recordopedia+Spluttanica

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open III
Coach Alibaba’s Extraordinary Brotherhood are the Warpstone Open 2008 champions! This makes four coaches now at two majors’ trophies: Alibaba, JackDaniels, PeteW and Petter. Alibaba has waited a long time to take his second title, his first was the FUMBBL Cup III, in 2004. Both times that Alibaba has reached the top-8 he has also won the tournament, a feat that he shares with coach PeteW.

Those that have claimed that this year’s birthday prizes will have a large impact on the majors can take the winning team as proof: the Extraordinary Brotherhood played 25 (!) matches on the birthday and gained 151 TR. The runners up, Dark City Comrades coached by Hovring, played 10 matches on the birthday. This was Hovring’s first final appearance, as well as his first top-8.

Of the remaining top-8 coaches, five are making their debut, but coach JB made his fourth top-8 appearance, joining coaches BooAhl, JackDaniels, Malthor and Pmg in the top spot. This was JB’s first top-8 with a non-bashing team, if he is changing focus or just testing remains to be seen.

Races
Chaos take their first majors’ trophy in the WO! Congratulations Chaos! Twisted Evil Chaos also pass by Wood Elves in the top-8 standings, pulling ahead with 14 to 13 all-time spots. Dark Elves remain the race with most final appearances, having appeared in 7 of the 16 majors’ finals to date. Dark Elves and Orcs are now tied for most top-8 appearances at 27 spots. Which race will pull ahead in the Ulthuan Invitational? None of the seven races with no top-8 appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump. Statistics update! (On the first page.)
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for taking the time to work all this out- very interesting!

Can someone link the khemri team that made it to the final of a major? (or link the game itself)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1473248

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational IV
Coach AoP-Vimes’ Ratzingerz Todezfeinde are the Ulthuan Invitational 2008 champions! AoP-Vimes is a rookie come-from-nowhere when it comes to the majors. With only 350 rankes matches played and a 49% win record, he might well be the biggest upset champion a major has ever seen! So extra congratulations to you, and may your example inspire even more coaches to go for the big prizes! Very Happy Defeating coach PeteW (who had a 67% luck score and made 8 CAS) in the final really shows that AoP-Vimes earned the trophy. PeteW made a great performance as usual, making his third majors’ final, a feat that only coach Malthor had accomplished before.

Apart from AoP-Vimes, the UI play-offs were filled with the usual suspects. Coach BooAhl made his fifth majors’ top-8 appearance, something he alone has pulled off. When will he win his first trophy? PeteW made his third top-8, while coaches Lewdgrip, Oventa and Tekoda made their second. A surprise to me was that coach RandomOracle had not made a top-8 before making this one, it feels like his Buffy Episodes is a regular contender.

Races
Skaven take their first majors’ trophy in the UI! Congratulations Skaven! The rats have previously made the GLT finals twice, piloted by coaches ankkh and BooAhl, but this is their first Trophy. In the racial top-8 standings, the only change is that Orcs secure the top spot, drawing two appearances ahead of DE. None of the seven races with no top-8 appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.

See you in the GLT!
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
Ulthuan Invitational IV
A surprise to me was that coach RandomOracle had not made a top-8 before making this one, it feels like his Buffy Episodes is a regular contender.

I've been in the Fumbbl Cup twice before, but only reached the second round (top 16) both times.
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
Come on skavens. You can make it !

Yo Panda_... Jobs done! Still bewildered how that has happened.

---> I have proven the opposite!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably feeling the same as I did, when I pulled my DE-stunt...
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Vampires, their time is nigh......t

This made me laugh too much... I dribbled water :/
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Probably feeling the same as I did, when I pulled my DE-stunt...

you think so?
Might be... but on the other hand, i couldnt think of, that these feelings are legally possible. Boah really... i just have to think of the game and have such a big smile on my had.... unbelievable.

---> I have proven the opposite!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Grotty Little Tournament IV
Coach xcver’s Wood Elf team Dandelion Eaters are the GLT 2008 champions! Congratulations! Xcver (how do you pronounce that btw?) is a first time majors’ winner, just like coach AOP-Vimes in the UI a couple of months ago. And just like AOP-Vimes, xcver beat the most successful majors’ coach to date on his way to the trophy. Well played sir! Xcver beat coach MPC in the final with an OTS in T16.

The GLT top-8 was filled with first-timers. With the exception of PeteW, all the contenders were new to the world of majors’ top-8. PeteW made his fourth top-8, and the second in a row with Your Mother’s Orcs. Coach BooAhl still leads on five appearances.

Races
Wood Elves took their fifth majors’ trophy with the GLT, pulling ahead in the all-time race. Wood Elves have an outstanding majors’ record, with five wins out of the 18 majors played so far. Seven different races were represented in the GLT top-8, with only Dwarves scoring two appearances. Most notable is that Khemri made their second ever top-8 appearance, in the form of Coach Bytez0r’s Corpse Factory. Other changes in the all-time standings are that Dwarves closed the gap to Skaven and that Undead passed Humans and Lizards. None of the seven races with no top-8 appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the Lustrian!

Last edited by MadTias on %b %25, %2008 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I love your reports, MadTias.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I love your reports, MadTias.

Thank you sir! Very Happy The stats on the first page are now updated.
 Jump to: