39 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadTias

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2008 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lustrian Challenge II
Coach rafadavila’s Orc team Whitekillers are the LC 2008 champions! Congratulations! Rafadavila beat coach katze on a coin-toss (!) in the 0-0 final. On their way to the final, the Whitekillers really lived up to their name (assuming it is a reference to great white sharks), taking down reigning LC and FC champions Competitive Eaters and reigning WO champions Extraordinary Brotherhood in back-to-back games. Certainly a great accomplishment from a coach that has previously not reached the top-8 of a major. Well played, sir!

The LC had a distinguished top-8. No less than four coaches made their second top-8 appearance (coaches Dhaktokh, Jesperius, Leijonet and PurpleChest). Coach Alibaba made his third. It is in fact quite surprising to see the previously least distinguished coaches emerge from this crowd to meet in the final, but there you have it. The last coach in the top-8 was PigStar-69, who just took the #1 spot on the coach ranking away from JackDaniels. (Jack held that spot for what seems like an eternity, it will be interesting to see if he and his Eaters can come back in the shortly upcoming FUMBBL Cup.) It is also inspiring to see that so many teams keep coming back to perform well in several majors. In the LC, teams Crossdressers, Poems and the previously mentioned Extraordinary Brotherhood all made their second top-8 appearance. Teams like this are an inspiration to us all. (Two teams have made three top-8 appearances: Helena High and the Nandorins.) Coach BooAhl still leads the all-time race on five top-8 appearances.

Races
The LC was a bashing affair, with 3 Chaos, 2 Orc and 1 Dwarf team to face 1 Amazon and 1 Wood Elf team in the top-8. Orcs took their third trophy, taking them ahead of Dark and High Elves and placing them on par with Dwarves. No race has now made more final appearances than Orcs (eight), the greenskins pulling ahead of the previously leading Dark Elves by one appearance. There were no changes in the all-time racial standings, but Orcs pulled further ahead in the top spot. None of the seven races with no top-8 appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread (soon to be updated). See you in the FC!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2008 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump. Tables updated on first page.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL Cup VII
Coach PigStar-69’s Orc team Best Coaches are the FC 2008 champions! Congratulations! PigStar-69 beat coach toturi in the final.

Best Coaches is the weakest team ever to go into the final 16 of a major and come out with the trophy (TS 214 in the round of 16, which is the starting point for every major but the FC). This honour was previously held by coach CircularLogic’s Dark Elf team Midwinter.

This was PigStar’s second consecutive appearance in majors’ top-8. Another three coaches made their second top-8 appearance (coaches Enar, Linfalass and OverDose). Enar and OverDose made their second appearance with the same team: Hangover and Agile cats for a change. Since the FC, coach Linfalass has retired ALL of his teams. Did the loss to toturi’s rats take such a toll on him, or was there another reason? Time will tell. Coach BooAhl still leads the all-time race on five top-8 appearances, with three from Helena High. The Nandorins have also made three top-8 appearances.

Races
The FC VII saw lots of Orcs. In the end there were 3 Orc, 2 DE, 1 Chaos, 1 HE and 1 Skaven team in the top-8. This follows the average distribution of top-8 races quite well. The AV7 Skaven are a bit surprising given the many matches in the FC, a good run from coach toturi there. Orcs took their fourth trophy, taking them ahead of Dwarves and only one trophy short of Wood Elves. No race has made more final appearances than Orcs (nine), the greenskins pulling further ahead of Dark Elves (seven). There were no changes in the all-time top-8 racial standings, but Orcs pulled further ahead in the top spot. None of the seven races with no appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the FC!
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2009 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV
All hail the Lord of FUMBBL majors! The sidestepping nightmare that is coach PeteW’s Dark Elf team Ultimate Mr Men are the WO 2009 champions! Congratulations! PeteW is now the undisputed master of major tournaments at FUMBBL with three wins: UI II and FC V before WO IV (one more win than coaches Alibaba, JackDaniels and Petter), and four final appearances (one more than coach Malthor). All three of PeteW’s wins have been with elves, marking him as a true elf-bowler. Razz Pete has now set a higher goal for himself, vowing to take Humans to their first majors trophy. Respect.

PeteW beat coach TheCount in the all-elf final. This was TheCount’s first appearance in a major’s top-8. Six other coaches also made their first top-8 appearance, apart from PeteW only coach Wreckage had previously gone that far. PeteW joined coach BooAhl at the front of the all-time race on five top-8 appearances.

Races
The amount of elves in the WO IV was a change from the bashy environment of the most recent majors. The top-8 had two WE, one DE, Humans and Amazons and only three bashers (Orc, CD, Chaos). The major major Very Happy races were all represented. DE took their third trophy, taking them ahead of HE and on par with Dorfs. DE also closed the gap to Orcs in number of final appearances, making the all-time score eight to nine. There were no changes in the all-time top-8 racial standings and none of the seven races with no appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire are still up for grabs.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the UI!
Enar

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2009 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Beautiful! Keep up the good work MadTias!
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2009 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

this makes for depressing reading Sad

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So the goal for this UI is to reclaim the spot as the numer one coach and team in top 8 apperances in Majors. Lets just hope PeteW fails some where on the way.

Go me! Go Helena High!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
So the goal for this UI is to reclaim the spot as the numer one coach and team in top 8 apperances in Majors. Lets just hope PeteW fails some where on the way.

Go me! Go Helena High!

Alas... It was not to be this time. Ouch. Better luck in the next one, BooAhl!
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2009 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

but petew, wasnt able to go ahead as well Smile
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

p4m wrote:
but petew, wasnt able to go ahead as well Smile

Razz Silly CDs.

I have a confession to make... Sad I hate humans!!!! Stupid AG3 failures! So, I'll prob be taking my Mr Men to the GLT this year. Sorry! I am however, building norse, necros and rotters to be future major competitors... maybe...!

Madtias - an idea for your stats: Nationalities of major victors. Would be interesting to see where we are all from, and which country is the best (at power gaming)!

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

I have a confession to make... Sad I hate humans!!!! Stupid AG3 failures! So, I'll prob be taking my Mr Men to the GLT this year. Sorry! I am however, building norse, necros and rotters to be future major competitors... maybe...!

What?? Giving up already? Boooo...Humans are not quitters. And quitters never win. :p

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2009 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

UI V
Coach Fanatic’s Skaven team Divine Assassins are the UI 2009 champions! Congratulations! Very Happy The Assassins celebrated game #400 in the 2-1 final against coach BigBear1’s Dorfs. Congratulations again! Very Happy It is truly a joy to see such an old and respected team take home a major’s trophy. The Assassins is the 5th most played Skaven team on FUMBBL and perhaps the most successful of the long-lived ones (and those are some very good Skaven teams up there). Respect to Fanatic for achieving that record while playing diverse opponents.

Surprisingly, this was Fanatic’s first appearance in a major’s top-8. Surprised Six other coaches also made their first top-8 appearance, only coaches Bytez0r and Texan had previously gone that far. Coach PeteW thus retains his lead in all-time trophies (three) and his shared lead (with BooAhl) in top-8 appearances (five).

Races
Orcs and Chaos were nowhere to be seen in the UI V top-8. This is highly irregular, as they are two of the three most successful major races. Did the changed qualifier format have anything to do with this, or was it just a fluke? Perhaps UI VI will tell. For now, I will only congratulate major tourney admin PurpleChest on a job well done for changing the format. Skaven took their second trophy with the UI V , pushing clear of the other one-hit wonders (Amazon, CD and Chaos) and up to par with HE. Dorfs climbed past CD and Skaven in the all-time top-8 racial standings with their two appearances. None of the seven races with no appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire (so close!) are still up for grabs.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the GLT!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2009 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm.. are only coaches with more than 1 final-8 appearance listed? Because 2 is the lowest number there, even though 6 coaches reached the final 8 for the first time.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2009 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
None of the seven races with no appearance made it this time either, so Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire (so close!) are still up for grabs.

Gotta leave something to do next time. I'm just happy to carry away the first qualifier title for the vamps Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: