31 coaches online • Server time: 01:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
AV literally represents the amount of armour a player is wearing. This is why it can't be increased through an skill other than physically growing natural armour or through magical means (magic helmet).

That is such a weird thing to say. Big guys are the least armored and has the highest AV. Same goes for orcs. AV is all about toughness. Actual armour only exlpains the difference between players of the same race. Witch your reasoning human blitsers should have AV 9 as they wear some kind of light plate whereas troll wear nothing but a loincloth and should therefor have their AV decreased to 6.

That said could very well be part of the advancement table, I don't really know why it isn't. A possible answer might be that it would decrease the amount of casualites and as we all know bloodbowl is all about following the spirit of the NAME of the game Wink + DE & HE teams with AV 9 would be too good.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Look guys. to the psychos arguing about forum edicite then get real. I only go to fumbbl.

I also think that Armor should be increased or possible increased. Deathzone Cards RULE!!! Bring them back. NOW!

Armor helps a cool player survive for a little longer. Perhaps as a players Ma or ag increases then they can afford to don more armor and suffer a speed loss? Could armor be brought at a cost of 2ma and 10,000?

Jugular you rock for starting this.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Quote:
AV literally represents the amount of armour a player is wearing. This is why it can't be increased through an skill other than physically growing natural armour or through magical means (magic helmet).

That is such a weird thing to say. Big guys are the least armored and has the highest AV. Same goes for orcs. AV is all about toughness. Actual armour only exlpains the difference between players of the same race. Witch your reasoning human blitsers should have AV 9 as they wear some kind of light plate whereas troll wear nothing but a loincloth and should therefor have their AV decreased to 6.

That said could very well be part of the advancement table, I don't really know why it isn't. A possible answer might be that it would decrease the amount of casualites and as we all know bloodbowl is all about following the spirit of the NAME of the game Wink + DE & HE teams with AV 9 would be too good.

I did mention NATURAL armour, ie. muscle, hard flesh, scale even size.

My point was that The armour of a player can not be increased through experience, or amount of play, it's something you wear or have.

The reason players just don't wear more armour,IMHO, is because it would hinder their positional abilities. If a gutter runner whacked on a breast plate and helmet it won't be able to run as fast.