15 coaches online • Server time: 07:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A sad day for the Mighty Gitz with their star thrower Eddy 'Chucka' Simowitz throwing his last pigskin. His coach One Eye had even been debating the idea of giving his rookie thrower a turn on the field this game... but Eddy's ability to turn a game on its head with a fantastic pitch length throw is legendary and One Eye gives the fans what they want dammit!

Sadly only two turns in, Eddy met his demise after the much maligned Apo failed to insert the needle into Eddy's vein and instead punctured his lung, leaving Eddy's famous last words nothing more than a soft hiss of escaping air.

The Gitz have mourned their loss in typical fashion... by boiling the rotten, Useless, GOBLIN SNIFFING SON OF A #^%&;@ APO AND EATING 'IM!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY FAVOURITE PLAYERS DEAD!!

Now im gonna have to spend a whole 70k on a new player and think of a name! Why don't these pixels think about us poor coaches before expiring at the most in-opportune times?!?!?

RIP Eddy 'Chucka' Simowitz
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

53 spp, eh? Let the communal wailing begin....

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Extremely sorry my player doesn't live up to your expectations Master Pythrr... please have mercy Oh Mighty One...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice player. Forum post-worthy? That's for others to decide....

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Obituaries
Obituaries: Have a Player that died recently and wish him remembered in the paper please post his death and a description of his life (or Undeath) here

hmmmmm now im reading this really closely and ...nope...oh hang on...hmmm nope doesn't say anywhere there that a player has to be a certain level, skill, status or race to be placed in the Obituaries...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, someone's a little precious today. Did someone die?

Oh, yes, of course.
Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of arrogant long term players who have to flame simple obituaries.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with pythrr on this one. 53 SPPs, no doubles--this belongs in your blog.

But you made up the reasons to fight
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh... its an OBITUARY YOU ABSOLUTE.... oh god its like im back in the classroom with the below average kids trying to explain how to sharpen a pencil WITHOUT causing bodily harm!!

The OBITUARY for a dead player of ANY ability, skill or status belongs in the OBITUARIES.

OBITUARY = A written commemoration of a dead player... my player died so i wrote an OBITUARY!

Get it???? Do ya do ya? Please tell me you do so i don't have to write back! I have to go back to teaching in 6 days... i don't wanna start early!
Roseph

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I have a pencil please...
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry Ro your parents filled out a 'No Pencils' waver at the beginning of the year... you've already been to the doctors 3 times with pencils up your nose.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Kill-Kill wrote:
I'm with pythrr on this one. 53 SPPs, no doubles--this belongs in your blog.

He put it on his blog AS WELL....

sigh...
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL so that was you that gave all my blogs a score of 1!!! lol very sad indeed!

And i put it in my match review as well! But really i should take them all down to satify you pythrr... i am sorry to have disturbed you your Honour!
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

HEY
Whats up with u guys...?

Its a WHOLE GAME about sympathic, brutal or agil players with special abilities.... even if they are rookie ur heart might be with em. They dont need no +2ST and +2AG to be "elected" to pop up here... especially not, if their coaches are really sry for the NON- existing of their "star- players".

So guys, pls shut up and let him snivel in some kind of pain. Even if it is not worth in YOUR eyes... but for fs they arent the eyes of everyone and fumbbl should be proud of new coaches, who cry about their players, which dont made it up to 176...

sincerly your dolorous Vimes

---> I have proven the opposite!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Look, its great that you loved him and everything but does it really need all this kerfuffle?

When I read something on the net or on FUMBBL I'm looking for something interesting, whether thats a point of view, a joke, a good story or whatever. When you are posting something or writing something, presumably you are doing so so that it can be read. If it is something which only you are going to read then maybe put it somewhere in your profile or in the players profile and link the player. However, there are various parts of the site which report recent activity, so are highlighted for other people to read these include the forum, blogs, the news, recent match reports, etc, each with their own audience. Basicly, if it might interest (probably will) your opponent then put it in the match report....

If you genuinely think that it is something which will interest more than that then either put it in your blog or if you think they might want to talk about it, the forum.

Did you really think that people were going to want to hear about him (or read the story) so much that it required a blog and a forum post to get the message out?

If so... what people are telling you here is that you are wrong.

Edit: telling people about the linked story behind your teams would've been a much better blog IMO, because the story is more interesting, less common, and therefore worth highlighting to those people that want to read stuff like that.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %29, %2008 - %05:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: