18 coaches online • Server time: 07:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I see. This time the joke was on him though, because I noticed that he dropped his masculinity when he leaped behind sarcasm for cover. It's all dirty now.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute!

When did he have any to drop? Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
I see. This time the joke was on him though, because I noticed that he dropped his masculinity when he leaped behind sarcasm for cover. It's all dirty now.

Dropped my what?

That sounds painful, by the way....
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this was mildly entertaining.

Yes, perhaps this thread was not a thread but just a team profile or player bio fluff piece or blog entry. I generally regard forums, much as Sillysod does I think, as places for serious discussion or relatively big news not big enough for a front pager. I only posted an obituary after 50 deaths. (Mind you, they were mostly worthless 0 SPP linemen.)

From what I can tell, (and for some reason, I feel like adding my worthless comments here in this wastebin of idiocy) the comments made in the first four posts and by Sillysod were to direct the original poster to a "proper" medium for this type of news. That is where the opinions vary, and although I side more or less with Sillysod, and also agree he has made the more logical and un-emotionally based points, I do not deny the right of the poster to put this here. I simply regard it as a newbish thread, a newb who will eventually (and unfortunatly) learn what is "right" and "wrong" according to our FUMBBL "masters".

Three things to put my retarded comments into perspective:

1) I once was an avid thread poster, but some self-proclaimed FUMBBL master decided to have a very personal flame war with me over my style and ideas. I learned that it was best to stiffle my creativity so that I don't annoy retards like him. Instead, I have found other ways to enjoy my time here without "forcing it down the throats" of other apathetic readers, for instance my blog, coach bio, team bios, and player bios. For One_Eye, I am sorry if Sillysod becomes that coach to you, as I have enjoyed an engaging chat-filled game with him and find him a cool guy. I strongly feel this kind of "power baiting" hinders our natural creativity and overall enjoyment of each others' otherwise electronic personalities, and I am generally against this type of influence in a community. But I do agree that there is a line somewhere between spamming and sincere posting. Although I refuse to comment whether this thread has crossed that line, I think you can tell what I believe from my words here. Just please don't misquote me (which is probably impossible because I don't even know what I am writing about now anyway).

2) My thread only garnered one reply, so I'm a little sad that this one got way more attention. Luckily that reply was positive. My timing wasn't right and people weren't online then. If anyone cares to bump my mournful post (mourful for its content and woeful lack of reaction) after reading six pages of this crap, you can do it here. http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11615

3) I have never had a player with 53 SPPs. My best is 52 SPPs at this point in time, so I can understand his sadness. I also understand that if I work at it and spend more time with my pixels, maybe I can get an even stronger player with better skills. Although there is a chance of an emotional investment, I understand that BB is a deadly sport, and a player that lives forever is great, but not truly special unless his career ends, one way or another. (Same philosophy with my teams too.) I think what this last point it trying to say is that I have relatively no credibility on this subject, I think, so don't take me seriously.

Perhaps Christer ought to outline and make it clear what each space (forum, front page, coach bio...) is for, as there is clearly confusion on that subject. Although his rules allow much freedom, perhaps loose guidlines would prevent such flaming and poor sportsmanship such as this.

That means you.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Ol_One_Eye wrote:
SillySod wrote:

The Obituaries section has remained dead for so long because it is so unwieldy for team fluff purposes, that huge unwieldiness means that its not really the right place for fluff.

Likely because morons like you flame people for putting death notices in an OBITUARY COLUMN!! WOW YOUR IGNORANT!!

You are making a bonfire out of a match. Just as you made your player death into a bonfire (posting it in several places so people could read it twice, if its news pick one place or the other unless its really huge). You did this to me in your last thread. Stop using the poor little bullied newb disguise to attack me.

I urge people (as ever) to read the whole thread carefully.

Sod seriously your wrong here the name of the fourum is obituaries dead guys go here. If he cared about the player he has every right to put in here, his blog, in his profile, on the player profile, and on the team profile. Heck he can put it on every team he ever makes what do you care. Were he to have posted it in main you would be making a great point but he didn't he put it in the OBITUARY''S where dead people go.

Your posts in this thread may not have been intended to look rude but thats the way they have come off. as for your linked thread "often coach dwarfs because they have a dull personality or compensating for a flaw in their play. How can you even pretend thats not going to be taken by anyone that plays the team as offensive.

I Urge you (as ever) to read your whole post carefully before hitting the submit button. Very Happy

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblitzamanger wrote:
Perhaps Christer ought to outline and make it clear what each space (forum, front page, coach bio...) is for, as there is clearly confusion on that subject. Although his rules allow much freedom, perhaps loose guidlines would prevent such flaming and poor sportsmanship such as this.

Oblitzamanger... "OBITUARIES"... What's confusing with that?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblitzamanger wrote:

It's pretty clear what the obituaries are for

Obituaries: Have a Player that died recently and wish him remembered in the paper please post his death and a description of his life (or Undeath) here

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Oblitzamanger wrote:

It's pretty clear what the obituaries are for

Obituaries: Have a Player that died recently and wish him remembered in the paper please post his death and a description of his life (or Undeath) here

I agree that this is the right place to put a dead player and everybody has that right. I agree that blogs can also be used in this way (as can, potentially, the news).

However... I don't agree that a coach should use both at the same time. If you post something in the forum then it dosent belong copied and pasted into a blog.

One reason I believe that is the way the "recent blogs" thing works. Alot of people put time and effort into each blog entry, usually it is spontaneous (for me) but that dosent mean that I dont check that it might be interesting or entertaining (or relevant) for people to read. If you post a pointless blog or copy and paste something which you posted on the forum then you are being inconsiderate to all the recent bloggers who actually made the effort (and to their potential readers too). This is not the same as saying that I am against the production of blogs that I dont like.

I'll also state that none of my blogs were pushed of the list by his.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Who cares? Let's play some Blood Bowl shall we?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

No,

we are here to moan and heckle each other.

Blood Bowl is secondary

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it is not confusing; it is clear to me what the obituaries are for. However, due to the fact that this very argument exists, there must be some confusion.

That means you.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What argument?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This player would have faded into obscurity, if those with objections, had not decided to draw mass attention towards his existence...

If, the FUMBBL masters, have a problem; I'm sure they are able to PM, the poster, rather than offer an open rebuke, within the very Thread that so offends...

...or just delete it. Easy.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

delete threads? how does one do that? do enlighten us, ye who seems to know much of the fummbl ways...

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

People are welcome to use their Blogs for anything at all (within site guidelines), and the Obituaries for player deaths.
People are welcome to say that others' players weren't worth an obituary.

But remember, in the words of someone or other:

"Fumbbl isn't about winning or losing, playing fair or cherrypicking... it's about boosting Macavity's ego..."