29 coaches online • Server time: 02:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Second half turn eight fouling is against fumbbl ettiquette - largely because it gains the fouler nothing and can cost the foulee a lot.

There is an exception to this though - "The Beast" on Nurgle's Rotters can turn anyone he kills from blocking or *fouling* into a Rotter.

So, does this then make fouling in turn 8, second half acceptable - since there is actually a reason for it, or should it still be avoided? Again, I'm just talking about this one player, not the team as a whole.

I'm not a foul happy player generally, but starting up a Rotter team I got to thinking about just this situation which could arise...
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

you get into shady areas with raised players, it is really up to you, and remember how you would feel if someone did it to your team. Personally i woud only do it if the other coach had really annoyed me Twisted Evil
reallyjoel

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think anyone would say that it is absolutely wrong to do this. So just do it if you really feel like it, and the situation is right. You might not wanna do it against a n00b who just lost 8-0 and never fouled you once.

That n00b would be me, btw...
neophyte

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh hate turn 8 fouls...
2 games ago someone fouled my mummy turn 8 and it got a niggling :,(
and last time i played a rotter team the beast killed someone from my team first block turn one 1st half Smile
you will have 4 rotters quickly anyway... no need to risk that gentleman reputation
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problem with it in a situation such as with the rotter where you stand to make a real gain. The reason the issue with turn 8 fouling began was that it is purely vindictive, there is no way it can affect the team or give you any benefits other than to watch the other coach suffer. In cases like this, or if SPP for fouling was to return, than it would once again become a legitimate tactic, just as last turn blocks and unneeded passes for SPP are now.

The Finishing Touch
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with klipp, do whatever you want as long as your getting something out of it, but doing things just to be vindictive in an online fantasy foot ball game shows a severe lack of character.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Swil - don't be suprised if everyone reading this forum fouls your rotter on their turn 8 now !!
Pre-emptive strike

Smile)

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a gain for the fouler in 8 turn foul. If you have only one cas at this time a casuality through the foul will help you with your fanfactor roll. Cause there cas through fouls count.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kheldar1982 wrote:
There is a gain for the fouler in 8 turn foul. If you have only one cas at this time a casuality through the foul will help you with your fanfactor roll. Cause there cas through fouls count.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The +1 you get from having 2+ cas usually isn´t appealling enough to foul in the 8th turn.
If the modifiers applied after the dice-roll then it would be another story, as it is now you can win the game 3-0, get 11 casualties and still get your FF reduced by 1.
The best thing would be that if you won the game your FF could´nt go down...ok if it does´nt go up but it should´nt go down.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone even sure that casulties from fouling even count for the ff roll? I've seen it brought up a few times but never gotten a clear answer. Anybody out there who is in the know that can tell us for sure how the client handles this? I believe the lrb is a little unclear on the subject but i'm not 100% sure.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Swil - don't be suprised if everyone reading this forum fouls your rotter on their turn 8 now !!
Pre-emptive strike

Smile)

Well, if "The Beast" is on the ground at any point of the game I'm probably in more trouble then wondering how to get in a last foul.

That being said, I'm finding I really don't need the turn 8 foul anyway. There is usually someone to block at least or winning the game to worry about. Wink

And with no fouls committed by me (IIRC) in three games, my teams has 14 CAS - 6 for "The Beast" - no RIPs though. And no, I don't have any damage skills beyond the MB you start with...

Nurgle's Rotters plays like Chaos - only with alot more fun thrown in.
SpookyKid

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

killing players, no matter how you do it is a good tactic for league play

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... many players use the "boot turn" rule... and if the opponent stalls the game at anypoint.. then the last turn is boot turn... and they foul all because the opponent stalled... i don't understand that though... especially since stalling is a perfectly normal tactic... oh well...

But if we look at it... it's just like Klipp said... it's vindictive... it's kinda like : "You beated me... i lost this match... but i'll trash a bit of yer team"

I once played a guy that once he noticed he couldn't win the match he started fouling every single turn... that sux Sad
phillier

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It is fine for people to complain about turn 8 fouling, and perhaps even vent and warn others, but to turn it to turn it into a character issue is a joke. It is "Blood" Bowl....if you are fouled in turn 8 bitch about it, and dont play that coach again, but accept it.(By the way, I only foul when I have been fouled, generally.)
irontoof

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

SpookyKid wrote:
killing players, no matter how you do it is a good tactic for league play

I'm not sure I agree with this. Not for any moral reason I just don't follow the logic. In a league where every team plays every other you are making the next coaches life easier by killing players. What you really want is them BH. They are out of your way but will return in full force against the next coach. If you kill players, especially late in the game, you get a little benefit but the next coach doesn't have to worry about them for the whole match.

Destroying a team means that the next guy to play them has more of a chance at winning than you did.

Just a thought.....
 Jump to: