15 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shaftdiggity

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up as an instructor
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm.

I'm willing to do more, sit in the academy channel when I'm idle in IRC, play more than the meagre 4 games in that division I've managed so far, etc. If more people did that, and the channel was publicized as <i>the</i> place to start, then there wouldn't be need for anything else by way of leagues, etc.

I'm very, very much against having to force coaches to play x games in the division. The beauty of FUMBBL is that you can basically get whatever you want out of the site. I remember having an excellent experience in [A], where I felt I helped my oppo no end, and one other occasion where the guy clearly didn't want to be helped, and was regretting starting there. We don't want to enforce people to sit through [A] if they don't want to, some people just like to make their own way.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to suggest setting up a league in [L]eague but I was answering Colins suggestions directly Smile Koadahs 145 club does sound like exactly the right kind of thing to feed people into and to get them to leave academy. Colin?

Edit: I always tell people to ask me to shut up if I'm saying stuff which is too basic, just let them know that you dont mean to be patronising and actually want to help. I'm also against enforcing 20 academy games or whatever since it'd have sent me berzerk.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %20, %2008 - %14:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to help out, but am not much better than many of the people I've helped in that past Sad

However, I will happily sit in chat and help people set up the client (as long as there are now major problems, of course!)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Tournament in A would not be a success IMO.

How much noobs aren't staying more than a game?

Let them subscribe and ask them for a heavy commitment like tournament and you'll end up with a screwed up one.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, never mind about the tournaments for Academy teams for now.

I've already PMed koadah about sending the rookies fresh out of Academy to him. Of course, there's no monopoly, and we can organise other groups and tournaments to satisfy different needs. There's lots of ways it can be done.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd vote for allowing teams to transfer from [A] to [L] if the coach has played less than a certain number of games.

It is currently hard to get anything going over TR100.

145 Club works better with coaches who have already played a few games. A tournament with only new coaches may not do so well.

Any free promotion would be good Smile

Sending them to 145 Club is cool.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill help to make sure heinz is not the only acad coach around Smile
Chewie

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in.

Not the best coach, but i should be able to convey the message that having a laugh is the single most important reason to play bloodbowl. Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Count me in.

Not the best coach, but i should be able to convey the message that having a laugh is the single most important reason to play bloodbowl. Smile

Ok, I'll put down your area of coaching expertise as "Eliciting laughter" Very Happy

Anyone who wants to join, just apply to the group with an Academy team, but more importantly, give what time you can in the #FumbblAcademy channel. Putting your teams up on Gamefinder is a good way to kick things off.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Count me in.

Ok, I'll put down your area of coaching expertise as "Eliciting laughter" Very Happy

Anyone who wants to join, just apply to the group with an Academy team, but more importantly, give what time you can in the #FumbblAcademy channel. Putting your teams up on Gamefinder is a good way to kick things off.

heh why did I get elicting laughter as expertise I am prolly the most boring dude around Sad
Chewie

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

He mixed us up, i think Smile
bradipus

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

From a real BB newbie, thanks for this initiative.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.. after long thinking if I have enough time... I`m in for it. Prolly not too many games, but i can teach guys about some of the finer points on DE, elf, orcs and lizzies. (In fact I just did.)
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be interesting in formalizing the School of Synn. Mind you, it is not for rookies and a certain mindframe must be shown before we will accept you. Then again, our faculty is top notch and covers the following subjects:

Introduction to Fouling
Positioning for Success
Advanced Chainpushing
Intermediate Team Management
One Turn Scoring
Setting the Pace

Prospective students require:
Next of Kin Information
Sense of Humor
Inability to be Offended
Mastery of Game Mechanics

__Synn