74 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

To join the group: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=500

Many thanks to BunnyPuncher for being the publicist / contributing editor / co-founder

On to the story:

Several moons had passed since the death of Mysblaak Shatterscream, Warboss and Overlord of the orc tribes of the Badlands. For years had the other orc Chieftains choked under the yoke of the Blood Eagle Tribe, and long were their plans for supremacy frustrated. Shatterscream had held his power through bloodshed and tyranny. He instigated wars and tribal conflicts to ensure the others could not band together to overwhelm him. He murdered and assassinated Warbosses who dreamed of rising to Ascendancy . He held his crown with an iron fist and a mighty army that even the Border Princes feared. But like all supreme leaders he believed himself blessed and immortal. This was not to be. Our great Warboss was pierced through the eye by a dagger, thrust into his brain by the hands of his own son.

After his death the land plunged into a terrible civil war, the vultures feasted on the corpses of legendary warriors and cowards alike. If only my lord had taken my advice and thought of succession! He was a great orc, a mighty warrior, but a terrible King. I know, for I was his chronicler and advisor, and this is my story…

Grychak the Book, Shaman and councilor to the former Overlord plodded steadily up the side of the ancient crag that overlooked the blood strewn battlefield. At the precipice he stopped, bone charms rattling as he wrapped his robes tightly around his withered and tattooed body and shuddered as he surveyed the bloodshed below. The clash of metal, the screams of the dying and the roars of the victorious were so violent the sounds of the fray could be heard for miles. Slowly, weighted with decades of grief and hardship, he began to collect pieces of firewood. As the battle below reached its peak, he prepared a huge bonfire. By nightfall it was a beacon that all on the field below could see. To the warriors near the base of the cap it appeared the top of the mountain itself was burning. The Warbosses, unsure of what such a great blaze could portend withdrew their armies from the field and settled into uneasy bristling camps.

At the talk of the peak, the ancient shamen stared into the flames, he looked to the heavens and stepped boldly into the raging inferno. “Gork and Mork, almighty and all powerfull! Show me how to save your people!” he screamed as the searing heat began peeling and blackening his skin. Screaming in agony he stumbled and fell, prepared to die for his gods. Suddenly a rush of fridged cold blasted his burned body as the flames exploded around him.

The Warbosses and their armies recoiled with fear and horror as the peak of the mountain above them exploded in fire and molten rock. Suddenly a great burning shape burst forth from the blaze and thundered down to the field below. A blazing giant now strode through the field and lightning blazed from his staff. Although the skin of the giant continued to wither and burn, all the Warbosses recognized the tattoos and staff of their former lord’s shaman.

“I AM GRYCHAK!” thundered the demonic figure as he strode towards the armies. “THIS WAR MUST END!” Now the heavens and earth erupted. Great slabs of earth shifted, lightning rained from the sky and the great Warbosses knew fear. The fiery shaman’s eyes searched the battlefield and one by one he stared into the eyes of each mighty war boss. As his gaze left each they screamed in agony, clutching their skulls and fell to the earth.

“NOW YOU KNOW THE WILL OF THE GODS!” screamed the fiery demon as it exploded in a blaze of fire. When the flare subsided all could see the blackened and shrunken figure of their beloved shamen lifeless on the dirt.

One of the Warbosses, a massive Black Orc from the wastelands stepped forth. “We shall do this! We have seen the will of Gork and Mork! Assemble your champions and t’omorrow we shall meet here and do as da gods ask!”

The other Warbosses, too shaken to disagree nodded and wandered off to collect their chosen warriors, knowing that upon the morrow they would all have the opportunity to become Chief of Chiefs.

To join the group: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=500
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the rules as created by Caileanhawk.

Waaargh Challenge

Open to:

- Orcs, Goblins and Goblin Cheaters (Mainly Orcs)
- Coaches must be able to play in the 8pm to Midnight EST timeslot (GMT-5 Eastern US and Canada)
(NOTE: Time Zone may change depending on number of entrants)

Objective:

- Destroy all competition and prove that you are the most dominant “Warboss”, fit to wear the title “Warlord” of the orcish hordes.
- You must either force other Warbosses into retiring their Warband / Tribe or destroy (i.e. kill) all the other warbosses. Last “Warboss” standing becomes the “Warlord” of the orcish hordes.

Rules:

Warbosses:
- Each team will have 1 “Warboss”. The “Warboss” is the leader of your “clan”. The “Warboss” must be a position player or goblin (no linemen or Big Guy). He is to be named “Warboss YOUR NAME” (i.e. Warboss Caileanhawk, Warboss Bunnypuncher etc…).

RULE ADDED: YOUR WARBOSS MUST BE ON THE PITCH AT ALL TIMES. If you foul out with your warboss you must concede. The only time a warboss can be off the the pitch is due to BH & KO. He must be put back on the field ASAP.

Team Name
- Must reflect the “Tribal” nature of the orcs, thus “Tribe” must be in the name.

Conceding:
- If your clan has less than 5 players to start a game, the tribe must be retired, even if their “Warboss” is still alive.
- At any time during a game you may concede, doing so knocks you out of the competition.
If a “Warboss” dies during a game the tribe is forced to concede and retire from the competition.

Games
- There is no limit to the number of games played with the exception that each team must play at least 2 games per week, any less and you will have your “tribe” retired.
- You may only play against other members of the tourney, no outside games.
- Although not an official rule, please try and see that no challenges go unanswered (orcish pride).

Scores:
- Scores will be kept to see how each “Tribe” is doing.
- Points will be scored as follows (but really mean little or nothing, except to point out the more powerful tribes):

Injuries Points
Death - 10
SI - 5
BH - 1
TD - 1
Retire Team - 25
Kill Warboss - 25

- No Apothecaries, Orcses don’ need no healin’
- New Tourney Division Teams only
- No Star Players
- Trying for 12 teams (unless we can get more)

Notes:
- This is meant to be a fun league to take out all of the aggression that you have built up over the course of your Bloodbowl career.
- If you don’t want your team ranking to get out of whack, make sure you check “opt out of ranking” when you create your team.
- Do not expect your team to last a long time.
- I am expecting to see about 11 Dirty Players per team, if your team lasts that long.
- SPP are for show, meant only to enhance each of your players into killing machines solely bent on the destruction of the other tribes.
- No mercy will be shown.
- Go Brutal or Go Home.

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %19, %2003 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
tarzom

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinda like the idea - but will anybody bother with the ball?
I suppose once you've used your blitz, blocks and fouls up you may as well try for some passing +TD spps?

However, its a bit late for me. Now, if there was a GMT/European Timezone division (winners to take on the EST div) I'd sign up.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like the idea but i agree that the ball would be ignored how about maybe after three losses the Warlord will 'abdicate' (i.e. his followers will beat the life out of him themselves) or some other similar system. Obviously the idea is excepted from an knockout tourney but how about for the last four standing teams a knock out tourney? Just some ideas I think would improve the tourney. Smile I also am a european so im guessing the tourney is unfeasible for me too.
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular...that sounds like not a bad idea...I will look it over and maybe we can enhance the rules before the games start.

I may also let different timezones in as it does not matter who you play as long as you play 2 games per week. I would like some form of balance though, because I know how hard it is to reach people for tournament games if they are in a completely different timezone.

I also should mention that you may not play the same team 2 games in a row...unless you and your opponent are the only 2 remaining in the challenge Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a talk with a few people and I think the ball is going to be secondary. The ball will be used to get some extra SPP and that is all. This is about destroying the competition...always willing to think about new options though.

European guys submit your teams as well and we'll see if we can get enough interest. I think it can happen.

Maybe we can have a one game showdown of the final two coaches...maybe most cas wins...most spp wins...dunno, I will think on it.

We will finalize the rules before it starts....which should be soon.

Thx
Caileanhawk

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Another rule that may be put in place is: If your "Warboss" is forced to miss a game, the team will be retired.

AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The only issue I see with this, is that no one will play more than the 2 required games, so as to protect the leader. To stop that from happening, you can force the retiring of 1-2 players at the end of week, so as to show the attrition that occurs from the war. That way, people will play more games to knock out the competition sooner, and keep the team as healthy as possible.

Z
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Alone, I'm not so sure...some people may play more because, the more you play...the more skills u get for your killers. It is a two edged sword, more chance to get SPP and kill your opponents, and more chance for your Warboss to die....hmmm. It will be interesting to see peoples strategies.

Thx
Caileanhawk

cataphract

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm....

won't people hold their warboss at the back of the field out of harms way so they stay in the war longer... isn't that totally against what a warboss should be doing?

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

They may, it depends on the coach I would guess. But in my opinion...that's one less Black Orc to worry about Smile

Thx
Caileanhawk

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wee Orcs, Big Mojo Tribe is in.
We'z sick o' bein' pushed around and havin' to clean the warg stalls just becuz we'z short.

We'z orcz too! We gotz a chance to proov it to all da otha orcz now! We gotz toyz and we'z ain't afraid to use 'em!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As I have said on many occasions...you da man Mojo.

I like ur moxy....no not Moxy he's an elf guy Smile, I like ur Mojo...yeah that's the ticket Smile

Thx
Caileanhawk

caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The deadline for entry will be Tuesday October 21 at Midnight EST. We will begin play on Wednesday evening, October 22 after 8pm. Everyone must have 2 games played by the following Wednesday the 29th at 7:59pm Smile

Good luck everyone and may the best orc win...or at least the baddest Smile

Thx
Caileanhawk

Zane

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in!
The Italiano Mamaz Boyz will be here to show you how to suck that pacifier at the ripe green age of 30... Razz
Check 'em out them out. The Mamaz Boyz
 Jump to: