22 coaches online • Server time: 07:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
csk73

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to know what you would recommend me and the things I did wrong.

I didn't like how this match went for me

Thanks in advance!
tautology

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't play terribly and you did have some poor luck (not terrible luck, but worse than average).

The best thing you could do to improve your game is focus on the ball more on defense, and get try to establish better penetration (spread the defense) on offense.

Good luck to you!
Focus

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.

1) You played +20ish tr/ts chaos and spent a lot of time with your guys in tackle zones waiting to be hit. Woodies are too squishy for that.

2) Following on from 1 in the first half those three lineelfs spent way too much time standing next to that troll. Easy to dodge away and outpace the big hurty thing that cant catch you.

3) Didn't push enough players forward turn 7 to give yourself options to throw to, spread your opponents defense thin.

4) Wardancer didnt need to leap turn 8 if he dodged away it was a 2+ with a reroll - the leap was 3+ without a reroll. Both ended up with the same effect.

5) Make sure you're doing all your basic moves before you start rolling dice - ie. Stand players up, Move players that won't be blocking etc. to avoid having players left on the ground or out of position due to bad dice.

6) You were very lucky to get that TD at the start of the 2nd half, you bunched up all your players near the sideline and all in one tight group that was about to become very easy to crowd push had something gone wrong. More dodging away from tackle zones - make your opponent only able to throw 1 blitz per turn.

From a quick watch thats pretty much all i can tell ya.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your answers, now I've seen I didn't even posted the link to the match (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2104523) so thanks two times!

Your recommendations are welcome and interesting. I have problems breaking cages, I don't know if I should try to penetrate the cage blocking or dodging. I suppose it's a matter of calculating the possibilities of each action, but with dodging the problem are turnovers...

I'll keep playing and spectating elf games ... until I learn a little more before entering ranked division ...

Thanks again
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

csk73 wrote:
I have problems breaking cages ...

Your teams are Skaven and Wood Elves, so:

- Get Kick. Then kick deep into the corners. This forces the opponent either to cage deep or (more commonly, because too many coaches don't cage properly) not cage at all in the first turn or two. Then use your fast players to get the ball before it's even in a cage. Set up as wide as possible on defence to make it difficult for your opponent to stop you finding some route into his half.

- Get Strip Ball. On a Wardancer for Wood Elves (Edit: in fact, I notice you already have it! Very Happy), on a Gutter (preferably a Dauntless one) for rats. Of course, Strip Ball can be negated by Sure Hands, but: a) not every team has Sure Hands and b) most teams don't want to score with the Sure Hands guy. He probably has too many SPPs. Forcing them to use the Sure Hands guy will annoy them, and maybe at some point they'll try to hand-off to someone else and it will go wrong.

- Further down the line, get Block, Dodge and Side Step on the same player. Diving Tackle too if possible. This means you don't necessarily need to blitz the ball-carrier, you can force him to dodge, or at least prevent him from moving.

- Finally, sometimes the game is not worth the candle. Sometimes a cage is too well-built or just too dangerous for it to make sense to attack it. Sometimes you already have a lead and it's not worth the risk. In these cases you get your players out of TZs, stand off, limit the opposition's advance and limit them to their one blitz (and maybe foul) per turn. Sometimes you can get the ball just by slowing the opposition down so much that they are then forced to take risks, which result in them losing the ball.

Good luck!

PS - If/when you make a WE team in Ranked, I advise you start with a much higher Fan Factor. Cool

Last edited by pac on Mar 07, 2008 - 17:22; edited 1 time in total
Andilas

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2008 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancers are good at cage-busting, with leap and strip ball added. Just make sure they have friends in there that negate the help that the ball-holder gets from his buddies around him.
csk73

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

thanks for the new advices.

Pac: Why do I need a much highter Fan Factor?
BoonBox

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

it makes improving yout team sooo much easier. see http://fumbbl.com/help:FanFactor
Focus

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Higher fan factor = more winnings each game to replace dead/injured players. and you WILL have dead/injured players

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Elfs Die Rats Die Higher Fan Factor means more money and more games. Most coaches will walk away from low FF teams cuz its just not worth it
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

csk73 wrote:
Pac: Why do I need a much highter Fan Factor?

Higher Fan Factor means you earn more money. Wood Elves are expensive and die easily, while rats just die easily … so they both need plenty of cash for replacements. Cool
 Jump to: