84 coaches online • Server time: 21:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karstedt

Post 22 Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just signed up and have a question about "good sportsmanship" before I get started.

In the rules it touches on conduct, but I'm wondering if blatantly brutal tactics are frowned upon. I've run several teams who's strategy is to remove as many opposing players from the pitch as possible so they can't stop me from scoring the one and only TD of the game late in the 2nd half (not that it usually works out that way:)). I've always had great fun with this sort of team, and I want to make sure that's acceptable before I go pissing people off.

I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons that a team employing such tactics is more annoying than effective, but I've never been one to quabble over winning and losing. I just love the game.

So yeah... there it is. Am I gonna be blacklisted if I put together a mob of murderers? Cause if so, I can stick to halfings, as they are great fun too.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The tactic is fully acceptable/legal and all...

But there might be some coaches out there, you piss of regardless of what you do.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

They call it BloodBowl for a reason.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

just pretend to try to pick up the ball once in while.....
Khaan

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats the difference between a mob of murderers and halflings?

The Boyz
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mistermurphy wrote:
They call it BloodBowl for a reason.

I think you mean BLOODbowl!!!11!!!!1111

Seriously though, there are some coaches out there who will whine and cry if you hurt their precious players and other who will refuse to play a team that is bashier than themselves.

But anyone with a spine will happily face you and either try to kill you back or score enough TD's that you can't catch up even with a cleared pitch.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:

What do you mean difference? Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:

The way I play halflings, they are murderees. The make a mad dash for the endzone and fling their little bodies at the shins of the opposition hoping they will trip and drop the ball for a scoop and score.

spbbbba wrote:
But anyone with a spine will happily face you and either try to kill you back or score enough TD's that you can't catch up even with a cleared pitch.

That's usually how it goes, and I have no problem with that.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a nice and friendly game, go play baseball. Bloodbowl is a game of blood!

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Karstedt wrote:
I just signed up and have a question about "good sportsmanship" before I get started.

In the rules it touches on conduct, but I'm wondering if blatantly brutal tactics are frowned upon. I've run several teams who's strategy is to remove as many opposing players from the pitch as possible so they can't stop me from scoring the one and only TD of the game late in the 2nd half (not that it usually works out that way:)). I've always had great fun with this sort of team, and I want to make sure that's acceptable before I go pissing people off.

I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons that a team employing such tactics is more annoying than effective, but I've never been one to quabble over winning and losing. I just love the game.

So yeah... there it is. Am I gonna be blacklisted if I put together a mob of murderers? Cause if so, I can stick to halfings, as they are great fun too.

1- Welcome
2- Kudos for asking this instead of just going berserk on people. This alone puts you on the top of the bashing coaches category.
3- Some people will dodge you and refuse your challenges. Some people will be happy to face you and try to kill you back. But only jerks will be pissed off at you, I think.
4- The only thing you should avoid is to silently prey on n00bs with weaker teams who clearly haven't got a clue about the game (I'm assuming you're a veteran instead). But I think that your initiative in posting your question shows you're not that kind of guy.

Welcome to fumbbl, and feel free to challenge my humans if you get anywhere near my TR. Especially if you coach orcs. We love to make fools of orcs. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is the guy (?) called Tuamadre, avoid him! Smile

Otherwise here you can see where each race might end up at high level, so you can adjust easier.
Machlie

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What Jan said. And an extra welcome.
melker

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Last turn fouling (that is not decisive for the outcome of the game) is generally not appreciated.

Also, if you like mayhem I would recommed you to try out stunty leeg.
Karstedt

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
The only thing you should avoid is to silently prey on n00bs with weaker teams who clearly haven't got a clue about the game

No need to worry about that. Turning people off of games is a really stupid thing to do. I learned that when I was 5... I've met plenty of people who did not figure that out though.
tautology

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you are playing to win, very few people will whine too badly.

If you are simply trying to cause carnage, well there's plenty of folks who are into that too but you may find opponents a little harder to find.

I recommend that you follow the path of BloodKillerMacho, whose tale can be found in the link below...
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=7&page=2

Welcome to FUMBBL Smile
 Jump to: