74 coaches online • Server time: 21:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Buccaneers are sitting at game 899 and getting set for game #900 for them. The final push to the 1000 game mark is in sight.

Buccaneers put up a huge effort in the WarpStone Open but alas the wheels flew off and we droped the transmission in OT after two throw of the die. 2 guys enter boot hill and then the follow up match and 2 more Bucs are sent to the RIP/retirment lists.

Bucs are now down to a 6 man squad.

Time for the new direction

A change of philosphy is in order me thinks. I have played basically under the same template for the first 899 games. So on game 901 the Buccaneers will field their new look team.

Here is what Iam thinking. Feed back is allways welcome.

SO the bucs are sitting with 5 J-man and down a blitzer.

1)Hire back the blitzer
2)Got 4 J-men slots to play with
:4 catchers
:3 catchers and a lino
:2 catchers and 2 lino

that gets me back to 11 men. BUT the Buccaneers are going to try to attempt to become a passing long bomb goliath. My opponeets weep as Long Bombs are sailing and they stand in dismay and awe at the wonders of the Long Bomb.

Iam going to get the Bucs back up to a 15-16 man squad.

So after Iam back to 11...I got 5 more slots.

Maybe go the 4 catcher route for my J-men.

My next 5 to take me to 16.
: Ogre
: 3 Linos
: Second Thrower (back up thrower/lino type)

Iam conflicted on the timing issue though. DO I get back up to a 12 man squad. Play some games and get some seasoning going on the rookies. OR just jump in with both feet and jam up to a 15 man roster, blow up the TV to the 1500+ range and play with a lot of rookies and hope for the best.

Iam leaning towards the 12-13 man roster, play some matches and then reevaulate and then hire up to 15. But my reservation is that I have done that in the past and in the end I end up with no catchers on the roster and play with out them.

Coach has some tough choices ahead of him

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Build up gradually mate. Inflating your TV with unskilled catchers is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, it could be hilarious, but I don't think it's a strategy for long term success for the team.

As for the new direction, I wish you and the Buccs all the best with the passing game. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing game ftw!

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me get this straight.

You've got 1million in the bank. And you've set the team as ready with 5 journeymen.

I think the way to make the Buccs more successful is to replace the coach if that's the way the team is run.

Daily Altdorf headline: "Buccs coach under pressure as team owners mystified at recent management decisions."

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:

You've got 1million in the bank. And you've set the team as ready with 5 journeymen.

I think the way to make the Buccs more successful is to replace the coach if that's the way the team is run.

Daily Altdorf headline: "Buccs coach under pressure as team owners mystified at recent management decisions."

Also I have a feeling this is actually breaking fumbbl rules.

But I wont mention it coz I like the Buccs Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Also I have a feeling this is actually breaking fumbbl rules.

But I wont mention it coz I like the Buccs Wink

Yeah, it certainly is - but mistakes happen - I have readied teams in the past with too many JM (usually after I suffer 2-3 death/retirement and 2-3 MNG - I just in disgust ready team without realizing my bench is gone and need to buy more players). This is probably what happened with the Bucs - consider the Bucs are trying to figure out how to fill out their 15-16 spots (as per post above) - so I am sure he will be removing the JM in short order.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well actually I was going to post this yesterday and then rebuild. BUT yesterday,well lets just say, the frustration index was really high. Just got beat in the WO, 2 RIPS, then played this guy, Foulscumm and he sent two more packing.

At that point I was just clicking buttons in total disgust.

But now Iam calm again. Level headed and looking forward to the new direction. I have finally gotten over losing all my legends and total team destruction which has teaken place over the last 25 games.

Also our owner wants to hit the vault one more time and see what 1 MIL in gold actually looks like. Beacause he is about to get hit for a bill that is over 600K.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night on the Grid Iron Bo 'Knows Blood Bowl' Jackson ascended to the Hall of Legends.

He is the Buccaneers 8th legend player. Bo enters the Hall and rolls a normal skill up. Powers up with legendary tackle that causes fear in all blodgers across the old world.

Bo is a beast and the anchor of the Buccaneers defense. Allways hunting to lay some one out. Deliver the KO blow and rend a niggled knee joint.

Will this be the start of another golden age of legends for the Buccaneers?

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2013 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well over a month ago I was pontification on developing a Passing attack with a solid core of Catchers.

Well lets just say after a month we have had "high level" meetings with managment and decided that is just not in our skill set. The Buccaneers are a ground and pound get in your face lay some DP type of team.

Adding more than one obligatory catcher to the roster messes with the chemisty in the locker room and just does not feel "right".

Owner JJ Jones Jr is one happey owner right now. Got all the publicity of the Bo going Legend mode coupled with the fact that the treasury is once again over a Million gold. It was looking grim after we dumped all most 600K to rebuild the team over a month ago.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers are getting primed and ready for the UI coming up. Coach Hicksey has the guys working out and getting some new "wrinkles" implimented for the big tourney. Coach has been looking for some new talent to bring on board for the big run. A few more prep matches and then they will be ready to set sail for the Ulthuan.

But a "issue" has popped up. It seems some underhanded coach or team sent a "tip" in to the UI committe. The charges are of illegal use of Squigroids. The new "hotness" in +ST upgrades.

Well a group of high strung High Elves caught up to the Buccaneers at their last match and forced everyone to take volluntary Squigroids drug screening tests. Needless to say the Buccaneers did not take kindly to a forced volluntary any thing. But coach calmed the guys down. Made sure we did not get booted from the UI before it even started.

So the Buccaneers are sitting on pins and needles now. Will they get the Squigroid ban?

According to Bo's "inside" man, who is a little "shady". Bucs got nothing to worry about.

I hope.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2013 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

** Buccaneers locker room from the UI **

Coach: What in the hell are you guys doing? This is bat Guano man!! total lack of focus. Bad play, bad blocking and the DP boots? What the hell!!!!

You guys better get your head removed from your anus fast. We got a major starting next week. those guys are going to be coming for blood and we will be lucky to win one match.

spittle from coaches mouth is hitting the back wall at this point

What in the hell am I doing? Trying to get you guys in shape, prepared and ready to win a major? Seems like to me you want to drink beer, hang on the beach and talk to the ladies!

This is stupid...Either you guys come together and make a effort or we will just go through the motions and act like we are playing Blood Bowl.

I do not want to do that.. I want to win, I want to win bad. I want a majors trophy.

Now if I think you lazy no good for nothing players dont want that...well I know how to hit the retire button.

Ok, here is the deal...one more prep match. you better show me something or I will blow a gasket and gut this team.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2013 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWS FLASH

In the middle of all the Bo mania going on...this happened last night for the Bucs fans delight.

Romo last night in a chaotic match pulls a larson out of his butt on a late INT in the match.

Romo after the match was all smiles and Bo was still giggling over the 16 SPP he pulled in.

It was defeat though and the Bucs are still a little miffed about that.

Looking at the stat sheet another big event also happened in the match.....Buccaneers 500th loss. Dont feel good about that one either but the record does not lie.

Now Iam really miffed about the loss. Thanks stat sheet.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

** Celestial college of magic, Altdorf **
High mage Sorum ‘Star gazer’ is relaxing in his office. Viewing star charts and going over the nightly assignment chart for his apprentices. When there is a knock on the door. Sorum sits up anxiously, the moment had finally arrived.

The door opens up and 2 porters come in carrying a large chest. It is covered in sand and looks to weight over 200 stones. The strain on the porters faces is evident. They lay it down in the middle of the office and stand to the side. Explore/Adventurer Max Reindorf enters the office. He is dressed in the latest explorer gear. Sporting a fine fedora with plumage and a high quality fancy shirt. He walks over to a table and pulls himself a nice glass of Bretonian wine.

Sorum is transfixed by the chest. He is focused on it so intently he does not even see Max take his wine and sit in his office chair. He pulls out a scroll and reads the words. The chest slowly starts pulsating and a blue aura surrounds it. Red runes burn in the top of the chest. Sorum slowly approaches the chest and calls on the winds of magic. A nimbus of power appears in his hand as he traces the red runes. They begin to fade and then disappear.

“Excuse me professor. But I believe you owe me a large sum of money for that chest.”

Sorum comes out of his trance and turns to Max.

“Iam glad you returned in good health Max. I followed your journey through magical means. I know it was touch and go there for a while in Ka-Sabar. Pity that so many had to die in order to retrieve this for the college. Your money is in that chest over there. All paid in full plus a bonus for your extra efforts.”

Max strolls over to the chest and opens it. The glow of fresh gold radiates from the chest. 2 Million gold crowns.

“Max that other chest is your bonus. An extra 200,000 crowns for you and an extra 100,000 for your men who have survived.”

“I have to say Iam honored Professor. This was a large bounty but your bonus is greatly appreciated. I am always glad to help the college out. But I have to say a chest full of star charts and equipment from the time of Khemri’s glory year’s? Well you are the wizard and I am the errand boy. Well paid but none the less.”

“I assure you Max the contents of this chest will open up new knowledge to the celestial college. The amount of gold spent cannot be compared to the priceless knowledge there in.”

Sorum looks back at the chest and undoes the lock. Crypt gas escapes from the sides as the lid is opened up. A crypt scarab crawls out from under the top. Sorum traps it in a vile and puts a stopper on it. Examining the beetle with the wonder of an apprentice learning a new spell.

Sorum returns to the chest and lets out a gasp of excitement. “It is more than I could of dreamed for. The knowledge and power, it is boundless! “

Max turns to leave. The porters carrying out the chests of gold. Max turns and sees Sorum sitting on the ground carefully taking out the celestial treasures. He chuckles to himself as he sees Sorum acting like his 6 year old son on Sigmar day opening his presents.

As he leaves he notices in the corner that Sorum has his Cabalvision globe on. It is kick off of the second half of one of the KPL (Khemri Premier League) Semi Final matches. Lahmia night crawlers VS Mahrak Tomb Lords. Strange old man thinks Max to himself.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2013 - 18:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

why does it have to be Sigmar Day? you make the small goblins cry.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 02, 2013 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

** Rusted Tankard Tavern **

Buccaneers are sitting around the common table. Huge debate going on. The team is split into two camps. Forlorn and Old teams. Coach is sitting at the corner table with the asitant coaches and hired gun Lizvis who has steped in, for a sizable retainer, as scouting director.

Back at the table the debate hits its climax.

Bo: This is butkus man! Old Teams all the way. Where is the honor in the forlorn? those are a bunch of chumps.

Dude: Well we are humans man. Which means we are a bunch of chumps. Does it not? I say we go for Forlorn and take that qualifier for humanity.

Step: Man there are no legends in Forlorn for me to "boot". I grow tired of sending rookies to the RIP bin. Let me taste the blood of legends and super stars.

Bo: Thats the spirit man! Ok guys it is time to "man up" and take it to them. So as team captain Iam putting my foot down. Old Teams it is.

Rest of the team: ***Eruption of fury as Bo slaps them down with the team captain BS once again ***

Over at the coaches table

Lizvis: Is this how you guys work out important issues?

Coach: Yep, let the lads think they are in charge. Once they finally putter out or pass out I step in and let them know what we are doing.

Lizvis: That is whack coach. I mean those guys are seriously hurting themselves in this debate.

Boz crashes a wooden chair over the head of Romo. The chair blows apart into 50 shards. Romo crashes to the ground. "ARRGG, MY NIGGLE" He collapses into the KO box and crawls over to the keg of beer to get back into the debate

Coach: It seems to be coming along just fine.

Bo: OK STOP!!! STOP DANGIT!!!!

Bo back hand slaps Helm Crusher across the chest and sends him flying against the bar. Helm crusher slumps over and starts crawling towards the keg of beer with Romo

Bo: You guys done yet? Ok, good. Now lets sit down and hash this out like civilized elf's. Nice and proper. I see that Rodger, put the stein down and back away from behind me. Nice and slow.

Lott: Wench!!! our kegs of beer have run out!! 2 more kegs pronto!! Romo, Helm Crusher, come on dudes. You just finished off half a keg over there. That is coming out of your game check and going back into the party funds.

Romo: What da hell man? Boz just beat me down and I get punished?

Lott: Yep, tough luck chump.

Back at the coaches table

AsCoach: Coach most of the mercs are not in town yet. They should be arriving this weekend for the merc draw on monday.

Coach: Man the guys on your list are all chumps. Where is the talent?

Lizvis: Well I did see "White lightning" Collins came into town yesterday. Good SEC catcher. You should talk to him.

Coach: I dont know. We got two spots to fill to get to 16. I dont know if we need another catcher.

Lizvis: Coach. He is good, fast and he is a good talker. Plus he played in the SEC so you got atleast a 51+ SPP catcher to be hand in the merc draft.

Coach: Well lets talk to him.

Back at the players table a few rounds of beer have gone around and the debate is starting to heat up again.

Just as the debate was about to reach fist a cuffs again the front door blows in. The sun is blocked as a large Blood Bowl player is standing in the doorway. His shadow extends across the room and onto the wall.

The players go silent, looking on in awe.

Over at the coaches table Coach looks up. A smile crosses his face and he reaches down and marks off spot #15 on the roster. Just one more spot to fill.

Lizvis looks over at coach with a look of bewilderment. "You got to be kidding me, right?"