36 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
megafreak666

Post 9 Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.

I know I am a pretty poor BB player, but my chaos team, Manic Aggression was developing quite well for the latter half of it's games, and making a good showing for every game.

But then came this last game where my best CW died (apoth failed) on turn one. That set the tone. I chose to kick, spolied his offense and scored first. But EVERY time he hit one of my guys, they'd go down it seemed (2 or three niggles caused in the same turn). 7 CAS for him, none for me. I guess I made some stupid mistakes later on to compile things, but when you're down to five guys, you're gonna have to take some chances.
Anyway, here's what's left of my team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=28435

Should I retire or not?
I could freeboot two beastmen and play 2 down next game, and after that should be able to field a full team, negating any serious injures on my part.
Either way I'm gonna start another chaos team. I really like Manic Aggression's fluff and whatnot, but geez... everytime I think I'm starting to pull myself out of a rut, I take a boatload of injuries. Always rebuildin...Sad

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

At 3-3-13 you're worried about playing down the next few games? Would 3-3-15 really damage your team's psychology?

No offence but do what you want. You are likely to get 6 people answering here with 6 different opinions. This is your team for your enjoyment, so do whatever you feel like doing.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. oeuftete's remedy:

Buy a beastman (do NOT freeboot). Ask nicely for a recovery match in chat (perhaps emphasizing your non-rookie 11 FF), and hope that some not-so-bashy str 100-110 team takes you up on it. Make sure they have a decent FF (8 or 9), too. Play your game, but err on the side of not playing your own guys too violently, to keep your reputation intact... you don't want to ask for a recovery, then play just to hurt.

Hopefully you come out of it OK, at which point you'll be back to 12 players (11 if you retire the unskilled niggled beastman).
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with oeuftete. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to for you to find another team that had been pummelled recently and was down a few players themselves. The fact that you are chaos will make them somewhat less likely for a match, but with the high FF and lack of maiming skills, you might manage to find a taker.

Also, with an sr of only 109, you might find a newbie team that will take you on.
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Your team doesn't seem to be geared towards destruction and injuries anyways, if you like the team then keep it. People will play you due to the fact that your chaos team isn't loaded with RSC and PO. If you want I will play them...Wink

Remember it's not the fault of the dice, it's just that the computer doesn't like letting some people win or recover, but it always changes at some point...
DING!

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

a side note: please keep that team going! If I get a sense of achievement after digging my Skaven out of an early four-death, one SI match, just think how good you'll feel when your awesomely detailed and bio-laden team comes up in TR again.

I read all your stuff, and it's cool to see a team with a bit of soul kicking around...

Every coach needs one, IMO. Just one, mind you, but you need one at least.
 Jump to: