26 coaches online • Server time: 08:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ivar

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

New to Fumbbl but not Blood Bowl. I'm impressed with the site...easy setup and smooth to get into the first game once I did some reading.

My first game with my lizard team was against the norse and their pesky blockers. Any comments or feedback on my game would be appreciated:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2179481

I won 2-1, but a Saurus got Ripped in the second half. Confused

I defended the first half and turned him over in the second round, picked the ball up with my skink and formed a nice cage that crossed the field fairly quickly and stalled at the endzone for quite a few turns before handing off and scoring with a saurus for a TD.

Second half, I set up to return by risking a pickup with my saurus...he fails and fails the reroll too...doh! I had hoped to get another Saurus TD, but this blunder almost cost me my victory. Opponent blitzed through my line and we scrambled over the ball for a while and he scored.

I recieved again and managed to score fairly easily with his depleted team.

The only real downside was my Saurus RIP and my SI skink. After dominating the first half, my opponent set about my team with revenge in mind...and it worked. He almost was able to force a tie by crashing my lineup and injuring them.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on the replay. For some reason the one I watched was messed up and showed me scoring three times. The drive after the halftime was the one that seemed bugged.
IwEl

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Woooo Go you!

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me you were both overly blood thirsty. I watched that guys 2nd game against elves with khemri and he was still fouling when the opposing team was down to 5 players. If you get a RIP and a SI in every game your lizards won't last long.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! Harvestmouse You pixel hugger Smile

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I got lucky and knocked a few of his players out early and he seemed to take it personally, saying he was ready to quit and instead decided to try to take my team out. I definitely tried to foul him after that, but he was inconsolable after that first half.

Definitely can't afford any more losses like that...will be a VERY rough next game...need to find me a nice elf team to recover against.

Any strategy tips, etc.?
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Without watching the replay all I can say is to keep doing what you're doing because its good so far Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
liquidorange

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Your initial defensive setup wasn't as good as it could've been -- you left skinks near the sidelines that could've been pushed out by his frenzy player. If it had been me, I would've crowd surfed the skink in a heartbeat.

Edit: In fact, you did this again near the end of the first half. Only double skulls on his part saved you from getting surfed.

Edit again: Did it a third time on turn 8 of the second half. The only thing that saved you there was that the frenzy blitzer made a completely unnecessary go-for-it instead of simply crowd surfing your skink.

Summary: An exceptionally lucky win. Work on the above and you'll be much better against more solid players. Best of luck!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome on Fumbbl!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Seems to me you were both overly blood thirsty.

One can never be OVERLY Bloodthirsty.

As per Kodah, don't hug the pixels. They always leave you (i.e DIE) sobbing on the sidelines in the end.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Seems to me you were both overly blood thirsty.

One can never be OVERLY Bloodthirsty.

As per Kodah, don't hug the pixels. They always leave you (i.e DIE) sobbing on the sidelines in the end.

You CAN be overly bloodthirsty. When your thirst for blood takes you out of position and costs you the game, you've DEFINITELY been overly bloodthirsty.

Of course, if you can put your thirst of blood at the service of your need for the win, the more the better. But it's not easy.

ps: also (and please veterans don't jump on me) you might want to know that on Fumbbl being excessively violent when the game is 100% decided is considered bad sport by a vast majority of users. Just so you know. Of course you're free to choose your path, but you might want to know the general feeling of the community you're playing in.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! all jump on Jan.

Use of "vast majority" must be a sly attempt to turn this into a fouling thread. Smile

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Yay! all jump on Jan.

Use of "vast majority" must be a sly attempt to turn this into a fouling thread. Smile

Awww... busted Sad

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I learned the hard way a thirst for justice is no replacement.. Sad
Ivar

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how my team is quite gimped...should I just discard it and try again with a new team?

I like that the saurus got some SPP, but losing one and a miss next game on a skink means that I'd be playing the next game with 9 players...and I only made 30k from that game...
Mattybee

Post   Posted: May 20, 2008 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Find yerself a game against some elves or something - a recovery game, if you will. That team's beaten up, but definitely recoverable with a decent recovery game.
 Jump to: