79 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
warclaymore

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there! I've been told recently about fumbbl. I'm a fan of BB so i can't wait more to start playing. Despite this im quite confused about the mecanics of "findig a game", so i would apreciate any help you could provide me.
So if youre looking for a newbie team to smash up, please tell me. I'm willing to learn ^^.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a great thing called user guide here: http://fumbbl.com/help:FindingGames

oww and welcome Smile
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, and welcome to the site.

erm best place to get started is the overview page, create a couple of teams in [A]cademy where you will find newer coaches to play, and make a couple of teams in [R]anked division as this is the easiest division to get a game. Easiest way to get a game is to go to gamefinder put your teams on there with the button at the top of the page, and then click on the "chat" button at the top of the page and this will bring up the chatroom with all the coaches on it Very Happy gl if you need help with the client the chat room is the quickest place for answers
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

what soultoken said.
Welcome!

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to fumbbl.

Good Luck in all your games...

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
what soultoken said.
Welcome!

OMG i have recieved praise from the ole might Jan

*throws himself to the floor* Thankyou oh mighty one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

He did not praise you, just accepted your statement was factual, although that itself is a high honour.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2008 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and good luck, feel freeto giv me a shout if you want a game. Ihave been here a while but my talent in no way represents how long i have been here, (i'm not great).
warclaymore

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2008 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you all for the welcoming. I've been reading some posts and guides and i have a question...
retiring a player does it give you the amount of money in brakets? (75k) for example?
it's worth of keeping a -am blitzer or should i retire him and hire freshmeat?
simme

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2008 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't get money for retiring players and yes get some fresh meat
warclaymore

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:

erm best place to get started is the overview page, create a couple of teams in [A]cademy where you will find newer coaches to play, and make a couple of teams in [R]anked division as this is the easiest division to get a game. Easiest way to get a game is to go to gamefinder put your teams on there with the button at the top of the page, and then click on the "chat" button at the top of the page and this will bring up the chatroom with all the coaches on it Very Happy gl if you need help with the client the chat room is the quickest place for answers

Thanks all of you for the advertisements. Now i've played some games in Academy, but im not feeling confident enough for play in the Ranked.
I dont use to foul. I dont like it. But fouling is a important in BB and i know i can help it. I supose i could get used to fouling the most important players of the oponent, but i think i'm still too noob to see my team being beat up match after match.

So i question you 'bout that: its worth to make a couple of teams in Ranked in order to get used to the "mechanics" of the division? or its better to play a while in unranked o academy?

thanks to all.

PD: i apologize for the writing, as english is not my mother tongue and i do what i can.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

expect to join ranked, and get 0wn3d... part of the fun actually...

i rarely foul myself and get fouled a lot, and my teams do quite well... ifind that beginner coaches foul a lot more than many of the top players on the site...

the only way to learn is to play hard matchups...

btw, also consider joining a league [not unranked or academy], where you will have to face a specific pool of coaches... tbh i find our league far more fun than ranked Smile

but thats just me

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
arw

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact I hardly ever played in (A).
On the other hand I played BB on board- so I knew the game long before.
The fact that you'll easily find a game in (R) is convincing enough to just try out.
Your stats might drop down at first. And of course you might lose players (for it's BloodBowl). Other than that you won't risk anything Wink
Of course you should select your opponents with care. If you don't feel confident about your skill just look for coaches with about equal coach ranking. Or learn it the hard way by facing good players.
You mind fouling? I guess excessive fouling puts a higher risk on the fouler than on the fouled. Usually people do not tend to foul your linemen every turn. Therefor it is on you not to exploit your best players all the time. In addition you may ask about your opponents attitude towards fouling if you care. As long as you don't enforce any additional rules like "we definitly won't foul" that is.
After all your win-ratio in (A) seems not bad at all! So go- no fear!- to "Ranked", next tier!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

warclaymore wrote:
soultoken wrote:

Thanks all of you for the advertisements. Now i've played some games in Academy, but im not feeling confident enough for play in the Ranked.
I dont use to foul. I dont like it. But fouling is a important in BB and i know i can help it. I supose i could get used to fouling the most important players of the oponent, but i think i'm still too noob to see my team being beat up match after match.

So i question you 'bout that: its worth to make a couple of teams in Ranked in order to get used to the "mechanics" of the division? or its better to play a while in unranked o academy?

thanks to all.

PD: i apologize for the writing, as english is not my mother tongue and i do what i can.

Sure play [R]anked. You don't have to play every game vs a high ranked coach. Check the coaches record and play someone of a similar standard.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Two more TR100 teams needed

Jump to: