25 coaches online • Server time: 01:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Speedbump

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

When using Piling On, shouldn't the player always fall over no matter if the Armor Roll was enough to force an injury roll or not? Also, I think the Java Client doesn't make you fall over if Piling On was not necessary to overcome the Armor Value, which I think also is wrong - you have to declare use of the skill before the Armour Roll is made, correct?

Right now Piling On seems to be a bit too powerful since in my experience you don't fall over often enough.

Apologies if I'm wrong about this - I might be using the skill wrong or something.
Tribble_the_Unclean

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, many leagues house rule your interpretation, including my league... however, if you go by the complete wording of the LRB, you'd find that under the reroll section (of all places) it is stated that a skill may always be chosen to be used after a roll has been made. Since the roll in question would be the armour roll in the case of piling on, you're allowed to make the armour roll first, THEN decide to use piling on. The client, of course, decides not to use piling on if the armour is already broken.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just another note, I think it decides not to use it in those cases where you wouldn't break armor even with the bonus, as well.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2003 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. Tribble, thank you for the execellent explination.
phillier

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Tribble,
that explanation being said, how is this rule viewed in game play...I just gave a mummy piling on but I dont want to step on any toes so to speak as I have always played that you declare piling on then armour roll...this is from Blood Bowl Board Game probably 3 years ago. I certainly would like to use the piling on rule as you state it but not if popular opinion objects.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like that piling on rule either, but I'm making the client follow LRB as closely as I can. There is a new option that will force a player using piling on to go prone, but I think the fumbll admins want to follow the LRB as well.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
cataphract

Post   Posted: May 19, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't the player also be given the choice of piling on? sometimes it's enough to drop the players movement by 3 and you may want to keep your tackle zone.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2003 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to click on pilling on before using it - i.e. it is only active if you want it to be active, already.

-Mnemon
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 19, 2003 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Choosing to use a skill after rolling is bad in PO, but would this also apply to diving tackle? I have not bothered to see in the LRB if this is covered seperatly. If so diving tackle just got a whole lot better.
 Jump to: