59 coaches online • Server time: 23:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Anarchist

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I am probs the most computer literate person ever. How do I message someone to accept a game. I'm using X-Chat on a Mac laptop. I'm in a channel but it's only me there. Help
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Literate or illiterate?

If it's only you there, you're in the wrong place.

Try the Java-chat. It works quite fine in IE.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well wrong server?

The following methods will all take you to the FUMBBL chat.

Connect using an IRC client

This is the preferred method as the other alternatives are rather buggy. Set up your favourite IRC client to connect to:
Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #FUMBBL

If you have a client installed, you might be able to connect to the chat right from this page.

Java Applet IRC client

If you don't have an IRC client you can try the following java applet:
Java Applet
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2008 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to use the java chat, since you've already got everything you need. Just need to configure a few things to make it work.

With XChat on a mac, it should look something like this:

(This is an old version, so yours might look slightly different. Same basic idea.)

The important bits are in light blue.

1. Click "Add Network". Change the name of it to something easily recognizable, like "FUMBBL".
2. Fill in your Nick name, user name and real name at the top, under user info. Notice that the username is all lowercase.
3. Click on "Add Server" and put in irc.fumbbl.com, port 6667.
4. Fill in your FUMBBL password and any channels you want to automatically connect to under "Join channels" in the middle
5. For the Connect Command, put in your message to the auth server, as explained in the User Guide

Optionally, you can click on the "Auto connect at startup" checkbox just above Connect and it will automatically start up and log you in whenever you start XChat.

Now you can click on "Connect' and it will log you into the server and connect you to whatever join channels you have set up. You can join other channels by typing "/join #CHANNEL_NAME" in chat, just like a regular message.

Jump to: