15 coaches online • Server time: 04:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
B-Tron

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I just had an opponent leave mid-game. I think there was a technical problem, nothing suss, but I want to continue the game.

In the Diconnection part, the user guide says to tell the admins, but it doesn't say who or how.

I'm going to PM the coach but want to make sure that the game is finished, so who do I contact?

Thanks
rostern

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=support&op=message&path=17,18
B-Tron

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks, but I thought the support ticket was only if they didn't respond. I thought there was a way to suspend the teams until the game was continued.

I don't want to get too uppity about it, I just want to make sure that he doesn't play any other games until we finish. The User Guide says the admins can schedule the teams to play, and you only fill out the support ticket if the other coach doesn't respond after that.

I'm just trying to do the right thing

I was going ok that's why I'm concerned Smile
PorkusMaximus

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The admins work on their own time so I wouldn't rely on them to be available to organise the match for you. Can't hurt to report the incident however if you can contact your opponent and continue the game ASAP then do so.
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

as it says in the rules. All you can do right now is PM your opponent. Now it is his turn to act. He cannot play any other teams with that team, and when he returns to FUMMBL the next time he should contact you, either by PM or in chat. If he sends a PM and you don't answer him in 24 hours, he can choose to drop the game and noone will be penalized. If these rules are not followed the wronged party can chose to contact the admins, and most probably he will be awarded a concession victory. depending on the circumstances the coach who didn't follow the rules might also be further penalized. For instance his account will be blocked for a length of time.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I hope that is how it works out. Thanks.

So few admin for so many coaches! Hard Work!!
B-Tron

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

haha I was replying to the post two above. I hope it all works out, with no penalties etc.

thanks guys
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure where it is writen (or even if it made it to writen, no it must have) but once you wait 15 mins and PM your opponant you can go into the admin chanel (type /join #fumbbladmin in chat) and ask to have the teams scheduled together as if they were in a tourney or league. This way there can be no accidental "oh i played another game with the team and didn't realise".
Then if i remember correctly it's 24 hours before you can submit a ticket and wait a further 7 days for the enforced forfeit.
You can of course at any time during this go back to the admins and have the teams unlocked such that you can PM the missing opponant and cancel the game.

Jump to: