35 coaches online • Server time: 09:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

I did a customized pitch for Omertà League, but there was a problem. Due to the non-mirror effect, it seems a bit odd.

So I made another version, and I wonder if this could work.

This pitch is 450x780. Will it cover the whole pitch or will it be centered on my half?

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly the FFB client cannot take custom pitches at the moment. Secondly on the clients that do take custom pitches, this pitch would be a bit confusing and a little boring.

Check the java bowl customisation section for some good customised pitches. Angels and Zio's are about the best. At the very least you need something on top to let coaches what squares are what. Maybe (and I've been meaning to ask him) Colin has some overlays he can give to those who need them.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my explanations weren't very clear ^^

This image is made to be used as team logo, so it'll overlay the pitch, bringing these white lines on it. I used to make another team logo-pitch, but it was designed to fit perfectly on my half, but when both coaches use these kind of image, the result is very odd, due to the fact that opponent image isn't mirrored. I'll try to post an example image.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the accent on the "A", like this: OMERTA' .
OMERTA is wrong spelling.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It will work, but centers to your pitch. To achieve what you want you need to add extra blank space on the left of the image. Make sure you ok it with league mates as they have download it each time.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Logo's are centered at the middle of your own half. So if you create a picture that is 390px width and 450px in height, it will cover your entire half.

To create a picture that covers the entire field, you need a picture that 1170px by 450px. And you should align the image you want to be shown in the client to the right.

But as the site only allows logo's that are 100kb or less, it will be hard to do so.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks for your answers guys!

I'll give a try!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As this is for a league, it seems fine to me if you can make it small enough(k size).

What does bother me though is the growing number of huge, crappy logos that fill the entire field and even bleed into the opponent's half.