39 coaches online • Server time: 14:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Do the SPP and/or Injuries from a stand alone game upload to FUMBBL's database?

If not, is there a way that I can run a league using the JavaBB where stats, SPP and injuries are updated?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

stand alones cannot be updated because of the obvious risk of cheating that this would entail

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

We should have a stand alone division! But we couldn't call it [S], or [A]... maybe [C].

/me gets his coat... and secrets a beer in the pocket

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
stand alones cannot be updated because of the obvious risk of cheating that this would entail

Yes, I can see how that would make sense. It would be nice to be able to run a Blood Bowl league from one computer, though since I'm finding it difficult to convince my friends to pitch in the $75 it would take to buy a gameboard. heh

So taking the FUMBBL database out of the equation... is there a way to run a league with JavaBB that keeps track of stats and SPP but does NOT upload them to FUMBBL?
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

is there a way to run a league with JavaBB that keeps track of stats and SPP but does NOT upload them to FUMBBL?

Yes, you can make and run your own league.
On your overview page there a link "create group" - here you can set all the parameters that define the league you like Very Happy nice in it ?
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

oh man... just made a fool of myself here... next thing on my to do list is .... learn to read... im sorry guys Very Happy ignore ignore ignore
what you have to do is to, set your team to "non-progression" - that is top area of the roster.
Sorry if im confusing you mate Very Happy

Edit... argh just found out non.progression wont live up to your needs, as it doesnt allow you to use the SPP's gained...

Last edited by Ludovicious on %b %05, %2008 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludovicious wrote:
oh man... just made a fool of myself here... next thing on my to do list is .... learn to read... im sorry guys Very Happy ignore ignore ignore
what you have to do is to, set your team to "non-progression" - that is top area of the roster.
Sorry if im confusing you mate Very Happy

Let me make sure that what I am asking is clear, so that I can get the most accurate advice. I don't mean to confuse anyone willing to help me. hehehe

Here's what I want to do:

I want to create a league for my friends where we can play each other.

I would like stats and SPP to be saved after each game and carry over to the next game.

I do not need, nor do I want, those stats, SPP or game results to update to the FUMBBL database for use against other teams in FUMMBL.

Can I accomplish this using JavaBB?

Alternatively: If I create a "Group" via FUMBBL and all my friends play from the same computer, will I be able to play games on my computer and use the FUMBBL database to save those stats, SPP and game results?

The bottom line is that I would like to be able run an ongoing league from my computer with JavaBB.
Ulm

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do that. But you need to manually roll for skills and update the rosters with injuries caused etc.

It's the #fumbbl.dk way!
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulm wrote:
You can do that. But you need to manually roll for skills and update the rosters with injuries caused etc.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Keep in mind I'm completely new to JavaBB and FUMBBL. When you say I need to "manually roll for skills and update the rosters...etc" what exactly do I need to do?
Ulm

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, you forego the site entirely. Which means you'll have to manually create and maintain the rosters for the various teams. they're in html, and javabb comes with a bunch of sample rosters. It shouldn't be too tricky to figure out

It's the #fumbbl.dk way!
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulm wrote:
Basically, you forego the site entirely. Which means you'll have to manually create and maintain the rosters for the various teams. they're in html, and javabb comes with a bunch of sample rosters. It shouldn't be too tricky to figure out

Ah, I see. So I would ultimately need to figure out how to create/modify the HTML files. I guess I'll go see what I can find out about how to do that.

Thanks for the help.
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Heptarch: word of encouragement here...

modifying the html rosters is pretty easy, and quite fun. If youse get way into the league or whatever, you could even create your own star players and just put their stats in manually - eg Speedy Gonzales: 10 - 2 - 4 - 7 Dodge, Sprint, Sure Feet, Very Long Legs Smile
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Covertfun wrote:
Heptarch: word of encouragement here...

modifying the html rosters is pretty easy, and quite fun. If youse get way into the league or whatever, you could even create your own star players and just put their stats in manually - eg Speedy Gonzales: 10 - 2 - 4 - 7 Dodge, Sprint, Sure Feet, Very Long Legs Smile

I'm fiddling around with it right now to see how easy it is. If I'm not mistaken, all I need to do is "Edit" the team file in the "Teams" folder and it will be reflected in the team when I launch JavaBB.

The only concern I have if that's true is making sure that I input the skills in such a way that the program will recognize them (i.e. will it recognize the "Block" skill if I input it myself? And do I need to make sure I don't put, like, two spaces between skills when the game only recognizes one, etc).

Going to mess around with it for a while to make sure that my impressions are correct.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I did a bit of it, when the site was down. Basics are quite easy. I found some difficult when buying new players and implementing skills with them. One mistake and the tabs are all wrong. Then deleting and......

But once you get used to it, it's manageable. But why not just come here and play league?
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah I did a bit of it, when the site was down. Basics are quite easy. I found some difficult when buying new players and implementing skills with them. One mistake and the tabs are all wrong. Then deleting and......

But once you get used to it, it's manageable. But why not just come here and play league?

Oh, I probably will. I do have a Ranked league team on FUMBBL. This was just for some gaming buddies of mine who wanted to play when they stopped by my place.

I haven't had too much trouble with skills yet... but I don't know what the right letter for missing the next game is in the injury cell. Is it "m"?

Edit: "M" is, indeed, the right letter. For anyone else who cares. hehehe

And I've been having trouble with the game recognizing the "Throw Team Mate" skill.
 Jump to: