38 coaches online • Server time: 00:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heptarch, maybe I'm just confused; but I don't see why just making a league on FUMBBL for yourself and your friends isn't the right choice...unless, perhaps, an essential part of your bloodbowl enjoyment comes from naming players in various amusingly obscene ways that would violate site guidelines (which, believe me, I would understand).

If you don't want to play against other teams on the site, that's not a problem; I would guess that a clear majority of league teams don't.

Just make a group in (L). It really seems like what you want.
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps Heptarch's friends couldn't be bothered with joining FUMBBL to create their teams and join such a league?

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
Juff

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

runreallyfast wrote:
Heptarch, maybe I'm just confused; but I don't see why just making a league on FUMBBL for yourself and your friends isn't the right choice...unless, perhaps, an essential part of your bloodbowl enjoyment comes from naming players in various amusingly obscene ways that would violate site guidelines (which, believe me, I would understand).

If you don't want to play against other teams on the site, that's not a problem; I would guess that a clear majority of league teams don't.

I was thinking similarly to this; however, will the fumbbl site allow a match to be played between two coaches on the same computer?

If so, [L] will do it all for you. If not, you'll have to update the rosters manually as mentioned on the first page.
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

runreallyfast wrote:

I think the problem is that he wants to play the game with both sides using the same computer. I don't know if you can do that on FUMBBL. It might be possible but I've never tried.

Olaf the Stout
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldn't actually work. The computer will search for a client and server copy of the completed games. As the game would save the game in the same place it would overwrite one of the copies, thus one team couldn't upload.

On an earlier point, you do have the board game of course. As it's a requirement for playing on this site.

I'd still think playing league is better done and easier on fumbbl, but 2 comps would be needed at least. And of course, that they never play outside their set league.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

you can start a league with your friends here on fumbbl....using the fumbbl database..... question is..... will you be able to log - in twice on fumbbl from the same computer (one time log into your account, another time in another account)... and open the java bb client twice...

you should note here that probably somebody could then accuse you of having multiple accounts on your computer (see fumbbl site rules) - although i think its improbable since you will only play in league amongst friends....

however maybe if you wanna ealk this way you should check with site rules (first) and admins (second)
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

It wouldn't actually work. The computer will search for a client and server copy of the completed games. As the game would save the game in the same place it would overwrite one of the copies, thus one team couldn't upload.

I don't believe that's true; I think the file names will be different - I notice, for example that every game my Dark Constellations have played is saved as DarkvsXXXX, and so of course I assume that my opponent sees the game saved as XXXXvsDark.

Similarly, I expect that if you choose to launch a game, then log out of the website, your friend can log in and launch the game. I have never tried to actually play a game against myself, so maybe there would be issues, but I know that while I was trying to get my stunty icons working I joined a few games that I was hosting, and it LOOKED like it would work. I never did manage to get the stunty icons working, though.
frogboy

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

me my brother and his freind played a few games on my computer, we had two pitches on the same screen. i dont know if its a good idea though as all of our accounts have been suspended now. (maybe thats why dont know) still waiting for the admin team to wake up...

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Buskefjomp

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be done with virtualization.. if you absolutely has to do it from the same computer. I would recommend http://www.virtualbox.org/

This would get around the problem of the game overwriting its temporary data.
Heptarch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, my buddies will only be using the JavaBB program, not my FUMBBL account. I understand that letting them use my FUMBBL account is against the TOS.

I just want them to be able to play Blood Bowl on my computer when we hang out at my place.

I've edited the HTML for each of their teams already and as of right now the only trouble I've had with those teams is that the JavaBB program doesn't seem to want to recognize the Throw Team Mate skill. Or maybe it's the Right Stuff skill. Whichever one it is, I can't throw a team mate.
 Jump to: