64 coaches online • Server time: 22:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tirick

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very new to the site, and to be honest, new to LRB4. The last time I played was about ten years ago, and I will admit that I was not the greatest player in my league. I stumbled across FUMBBL on a happenstance, really, and I am delighted at the chance to play again. I recall the game very fondly, despite my losses. That said, I used to play wood elves, and occasionally humans, but that was really a result of an unwillingness to proxy other team-types with the miniatures that I had. Amazons looked to have an interesting play-style so I thought I would try my hand at them.

My first game , against Kryten, was a 0-1 loss, although for the most part I feel I did a good job of keep away. I managed some pretty nice block-setups against his boys, and even managed an SI and a RIP (unintentionally, really, but that's the risks). I did attempt some fairly risky passes, weighing the chance of failing dodge vs the chance of fumbling, and must say that I have a healthier respect for Pass than I did before hand. I'm happy (maybe too prematurely) with my choice of team. The universal Dodge skill, alongside the Block for the Blitzers was amazing to see. He kept pushing the girls around, and ended up with far more pushbacks than downs.

What I'm wondering, is if anyone has any solid advice (beyond the tactics posted in the users's guide) for running an Amazon team, or specific sugggestions around how I could have bettered my pitch position in the game. I do think I will save my coin and get another re-roll. Three almost seems too few. I am currently weighing that against having a proper catcher, to be honest.

I know this is just the Academy division, but I don't know how soon I'll move beyond this or the Unranked division as I have generally fairly limited play time (1-2 games per week). Ranked seems like a big step from here, really.

I do want to thank Kryten for the game, he was most friendly (even after my Blitzer killed his Lineman in the first half) and helpful.

Thank you,
Tirick
lemf

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings,
Enjoy the site, there will be a lot of differnt bits of advice I am sure. Mine is just play and enjoy.
I win so seldom that I could only help you lose more Smile
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is really no big deal here. Unranked would be worse than academy for finding games. If you want quicker games you may want ranked. Stumty is extremely fun here if you get a chance.
Tirick

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile I had in fact noticed the stunty leeg and am very interested. Still want to get used to playing before I do, but I look forward to it.

As for winning/losing, I am as stated not a great player, I'm more interested at the moment in the attempt and having fun.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Tirick.
Any division here is great, but academy is a good start to get firm with the rules after 10 years abstinence.

Jump to: