30 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone notice how the Blitz-Ra and Thro-Ra are flwed in the cost calculation !?

Or there is an obvious error in agility with both of them.

Just for reminder here are their stats :
Name MA STR AG AV cost Skills
Blitz-Ra 6 3 2 7 80 000 block, regenerate
Thro-Ra 5 3 2 7 70 000 pass, sure hands, regenerate

Just to compare, a wight is 6 3 3 8 with the same skill for 90 000. It would seem fair to me that it should have 3 AG or to reduce the cost by 20 000. (As AG is worth 20k by the cost calculation)

For the Thro-Ra, is harder to compare as their is no undead thrower. But if we use the calculation system. 5 MA= -1, 3 STR = 0, 2 AG = -2, 7 AV = -2. Sure hands = 1, pass + regen = 4. Total = 0 = 50 000.

Again, we have a difference of 20k which is exactly the cost for 1 more AG. Also, it seems flawed that a thrower has only 2 AG. (Short pass on 5+)

Please can someone answer me why it is that way ? Was it put that way because they have access to 4 mummy, or is it a known bug that will be fixed soon.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the increased price for the players is due to their importance to the team, also it is not like many Khemri teams struggle for money
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My post was more to point out that those units should have AG 3 insted of 2. With 2 AG, you can't throw the ball even with pass. Also, as their is only AG 2 players in the team, no one can catch it so what's the point in having pass.

My point is that i'm sure the designer of the team create those units with 3 AG in the first place. But why they were reduce makes no sense to me. Unless someone tell me they were too strong that way, but i really doubt about it.
Alanir

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The list was seen as too strong with 4 mummies and a bunch of AG 3 guys. As for passing and stuff, you still make quick passes with a 4+, and catch on a 4+. Having your whole team with regen and the added bonus of 4 mummies destroying everything they touch is a big advantage already - the -1 they have with ball handling compared to other teams' average players is a small price to pay - just score with your sure hands guys and don't get rid of the ball Wink
Korkrest

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A team with 4 mummies, will and should never have access to an ag3 surehands passer. Its that simple, the khemri are powerfull in the bashing play, the only restriction on the team is the agi2 ball players. It is as the team is intended to be. On a side note, a 4+ pass from a guy with pass has a 75% chance of getting to the target, and 50%chance of getting caught by an agi2 (again 75% if you got your reroll). Dont tell me that chaos dwarfs never toss the ball to their bull cents Razz
Moekel

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

the price you pay for 4 mummies...
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... yes having 4 mummies is strong. As well as having 3 big guys and the possibility to have 2 more 4 STR players with the chaos pact team. And the later has access to one AG 4 gutter runner (and the rest is AG 3).

So a well balanced Khemri team have 4 Mum, 2 Thro, 2 Blitz, 3 Skel vs 3 Big guys, 2 STR4, 1 Gut runner, 5 other AG-STR 3 with block.

Wow ! Khemri are really overpowering them... Confused

So while your mummies are getting beat up in the front you won't even be able to grab the ball as a super fast skaven will take it for a quick TD. If they are the worst AG team, then they should be the toughest one. With only 4 players with more than 7 armor, they won't last long on the pitch vs a true hit team.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, don't underrate how powerful 4 ST5 players on a team is. And ones without a negative trait too...

By comparison, almost any team can get one Big Guy - ST5/6 with negative traits. Regular undead can get two Mummies, and most stunties can get 2 BG. Snotlings - who have an ST of 1 and are slow with no armor can get three BGs.

Khemri get four though - so either they have to *all* be horrific ball handlers, or go the Ogre team route and make Khemri zombies/skeletons have ST2.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If anything.. when it comes to TR/TS I find Khemri are able to give up quite a bit of points and still be competitive.

The throw-ra should more accurately be called the pickup-ra.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SamSagace, comparing Khemri to Chaos Pact is irrelevant. Chaos Pact is undoubtedly the strongest amongst a ridiculously strong group of experimental allied teams, whereas Khemri is about to be approved as an official race. The allied teams will not be competing in Open division, and in any case CP will shortly be restricted to two big guys.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry but i just have to throw my two cents in. You say chaos pact will be reduced to 2 big guys but why on earth do the allied teams get two big guys? Giving them two big guys instead of one is like saying they are at an equal disadvatage to halfling and goblin teams so they need the boost of an extra big guy. I think we can all agree that if anything the allied teams are more powerfull than the average team so what is the logic behind multiple big boys? Khemri is a little on the weak side overall and take a good coach to be competitive it is completely unfair to compare them to chaos pact or any of the other allied teams which are laughably overpowered. Before the addition of the allied teams most of the dx teams where fun to play with some interesting mechanics and unique strategys. While khemri and vampires can be very powerfull they take a lot of thought to play well, the allied teams are just plain brainless.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The logic behind the multiple big guys is the reduced number of positional players on a pact team (around 3-4 Positional players compared to most teams 6 or so save chaos but their positional players are st4 so they cant complain).

Michael_Warblade
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I'm not on the BBRC. All I've heard is that there is a strong chance that the CP will lose their third big guy.
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I never played a Khemri team neither against so i can't argue they are balanced with their all AG 2 guys. But at least, GW has to stay logical with the cost of each unit. Right now, Thro and Blitz-Ra are 20k higher than they should. If mummies are that strong then boost up their price and reduce the one of the "Ras".

A Blitz-Ra should cost 60k and Thro-Ra 50k. Therefore, to balance things out, a mummy should cost 130k. It won't change anything for the total cost of the team, but each unit will be more balanced that way. And you won't have the feelings to waste money on special units that aren't that much special.
Eghost

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

cost is about team balancing not about being logical compared to other players
 Jump to: