41 coaches online • Server time: 12:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TexMurphy

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont care if its through greasemonkey or through the site I want to see a little sign that says "moron" on gamefinder so that I can steer clear of them.

Tex
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

errr this is where memory plays a big part.
surely your blacklist isnt that long that you keep accidentaly forgeting and playing people on it?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i always worry when i see peopel who have blacklists longer than their whitelists... to me it suggests their not really enjoying their fumbbl experience Confused

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I use buddy list instead of white list as I can see em much better that way.

Lets add to the request that people on the white list are also marked on the gamefinder page.

Memory is all nice but some people I just dont want to remember.

Tex
zhraia

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You could put the people on your blacklist on your buddy list, that way you'll see them on the gamefinder (this will only work if you don't have many friends on the buddylist).
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll one up you here Tex. How about if you could have a one or two word note pop up next to the coach's name that you have logged on your own list.

For example, I might list Paul as Cool Fouler. Someone else I might simply put black list. Emeiyn always play. Whatever, so that I can remember what I thought of the guy after my last match with him.

There could be a last column next to age on game finder that says your comments. No one but you would even see it.

Still, i don't think it is going to happen.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
errr this is where memory plays a big part.
surely your blacklist isnt that long that you keep accidentaly forgeting and playing people on it?

About half of my blacklist is people who've messed me about with PMs, doing stuff like sending me a game offer and then saying "eh? I already had a game" about an hour after I reply.... this wouldnt be so bad it is when I responded to them within a minute of their original PM. I dont want to rule out all PM only users but I dont want to keep running over the same morons, they arent horrible experiences, just a persistent and rude irritation that I could do without - hence my memory dosent guard against them Smile

(to sum stuff up I would like this feature as standard)

Edit: just to clarrify that its not hugely important. I love Kondors idea though.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

No. If you are going to put someone on your blacklist, at least learn to remember them. If you have too many... you don't belong here.

__Synn
TexMurphy

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
No. If you are going to put someone on your blacklist, at least learn to remember them. If you have too many... you don't belong here.

__Synn

I rather remember the good folks that are fun to play then bother my self with the ones I dont want to play. Hence I think it would be nice with a reminder.

There is definatly alot more cool people then morons. But the morons are here like in any group of "randomly grouped" people. I want to play everyone at least once but if I dont enjoy playing someone then I dont want to play him again. After all banging head into the same wall over and over is what makes people bitter. I dont like that.

Tex
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You have 9 people on your blacklist in less than 150 games? Wow.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a fairly easy script to write, and could be coupled up with a host of other features such as listing a coach's CR, team's FF, whether they have a Wizard, and every other suggestion for Gamefinder that has ever been made on this site. Smile

Personally have no plans to do it atm though but maybe in the future.

For the record, while I don't personally put lots of ppl in my blacklist, and I've also stopped using the WhiteList so much too, having coaches noted as being on a blacklist in GF might stop some people being morons.
I'd agree with some of the other comments but the coin has two sides.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

G_Force

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

princevaliant wrote:
You have 9 people on your blacklist in less than 150 games? Wow.

Morons are attracted to n00bs in ranked. if he's gone straight into ranked from joining the site then i'd say 9/150 is not that bad at all.

Myself i have 8 in th eblacklist but never pay it much attention. it's more a post match (or post annoyance) vent. Also the list i don;t see as someone not to play in some cases i'd happily 16turn foul the f*****s so a reminder would be nice.

If it's greasemonkey maybe where the current script shows a blue IG it could just put a red BL or a green WL for the white list.

PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

TexMurphy wrote:
I dont care if its through greasemonkey or through the site I want to see a little sign that says "moron" on gamefinder so that I can steer clear of them.

Tex

Why not just buy a block of Post-Its and write down any offensive coaches and put them on your comp screen? Smile

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

No. People on the blacklist should never be remembered. I don`t even consider them having existed at any time. Ignore them in chat, ignore them on the finder, ignore their PMs. Because if you specially remember people on your blacklist, you give others incentive to get there. 'Better to be remembered as an asshole than not to be remembered at all'.

So I would even support a feature, that you don`t see offers on the gamefinder at all from people you have blacklisted.
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

I don't even remember peoples' names who I used to work with, how the hell am I supposed to remember some twit's FUMBBL nick.

Good request, thumbs up from me.

P.S. Wrong forum though, this should be in FUMBBL > Ideas & Bugreports.
 Jump to: