14 coaches online • Server time: 06:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want the Undead Team to stay?
Yes, of course
74%
 74%  [ 101 ]
No, they are broken
12%
 12%  [ 17 ]
No, they don't fit the fluff
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Yes, and if they go I will only make Undead teams and try to keep em "alive"
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 136

mobo

Post 5 Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Rumors are that the good old Undead team will be removed. Why? Because it is not fitting the fluff.
A simple changed could have been Flesh Golems with mummy stats replacing mummies.
Look at what happens if you "raise" an Ogre.

Human
6338 50K

Human Zombie
4328 reg 30K (-2 MV,-1 AG, but got reg)

Ogre
5529, Mighty Blow, Bone head, TTM, Thick Skull

Ogre Zombie AKA Flesh Golem
3519, Mighty Blow, reg (-2 MV, -1 AG, got reg, got rid of Thick skull, TTM and Bone head)

If the BBRC think Undead is broken then i can understand their change to Necromantic. Do you think Undeads are broken? I don't

The new Necromantic team is not one I like that much. The wolves die too much :I
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the stats for FUMBBL, Undead are in the top half of open teams in winning percentage but with WE, CD, and Skaven ahead of them. So they are certainly aren't overpowered in regards to winning.
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You can start them with:

2 Mummies = 2 big Guys with no real handicap
3 Wight = nice blitzer
2 Ghoul = fast dodgers
4 Zombie = cannonfoder

3 RR
6 FF

That gives you 5 AG3 players for ball handling and like stated above 2 very bad guys for punching. Mummies are like trolls (mighty blow and regenerate) without any neg trait. Ok no throw team mate but hell you don't need it.

So I think yes they are broken.
mobo

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kheldar1982 wrote:
You can start them with:

2 Mummies = 2 big Guys with no real handicap
3 Wight = nice blitzer
2 Ghoul = fast dodgers
4 Zombie = cannonfoder

3 RR
6 FF

That gives you 5 AG3 players for ball handling and like stated above 2 very bad guys for punching. Mummies are like trolls (mighty blow and regenerate) without any neg trait. Ok no throw team mate but hell you don't need it.

So I think yes they are broken.

Mummy is strong yes
Wights can only get general skills
Ghouls are fast dodgers but die
zombies are the worst players but yes great cannonfodder

They are a powerfull starting team but when the reach 200 they have a harder time. Especially if they got few double skill rolls.
Jared

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

they are not overbalanced, considering only the wights start with block and the ghouls have dodge and no regen the team can get a pounding, if you think regualr undead are overpowered what about khemri who are supposedly going to become official they get 4 mummies and a thrower postitional

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Jugular

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel the Khemri team is too strong. I have difficulties against 2 mummies in undead every time I play them, however I agree they're not unbalanced if you consider when they get to ~TR200. If Undead are going i think Mummies should be reduced to Str 4 or have Mighty Blow removed or have 0-2 on a Khemri team or even increase their Cost as I feel they are far to cheap in their current incarnation (hohoho). well thats my tuppenies worth.
phillier

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If you cant avoid 2 3 ma mummies you should be killed by them. Except for the ko you could easily limit the undead to having 1 mummy blocking per turn at most. Geez just dont get in their way. And you cant give them bonehead or really stupid cause mummies are prolly smarter than just about anyone else on the pitch. Undead was my first team when I started playing 5-6 yrs ago and I have always had an undead team...Please leave my undead alone.
Jared

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yes i agree 2 mummies in regular undead isnt a problem, 4 of them in a khemri team is

XXXtreme ball with added XX
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think khemri having four mummies is broken you clearly haven't played with or against the team very much. Khemri are laughably easy to beat with a good agility team and easily out bashed wth real bashy teams like dwarves, orks or chaos dwarves. Khemri have four mummies but the price they pay for those four mummies is more than enough to compensate for there power. The entire team has agility two, come on people clealry you can look past four guys with mighty blow and see that a team of agility two more than balances them not to mention the armor 7 on everyone but the mummies.

In regards to the old undead team going, how different is the old undead team from necromanitic? Two of you ghoul positions are replaced with werewolves not the greatest players but it gives you some more decisions to make when building and advancing your team. And the only real differance between the two is mummies getting replaced by flesh golems. Theirs nothing wrong with flesh golems, not quit as good as mummies but still very good players. So really the undead team isn't going anywhere, the mummies are. In my opinion the necromantic team plays a lot like the old undead team just with a few more players to choose from which to me seems like more of a boon than curse.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead is probably the best starting team IF you don't play with star players. Otherwise, the 2 mummies will get smashed by any other hit team. Even withotu stars, they have a major flaw... no apothecary. Regenerate work only half of the time and of course your ghouls, those with high SPPs, don't have it. Just because of that, almost no one play them in our league. But don't think i don't like them. They are way better team than both Khemri and Necromantic.

That's why i think they should stay. Now people like the 2 new teams better just because they're new. After play playing some game with both, you realize that the good old undeads are better in the beggining and also in the long run.

What was good of them is their versatility. Decent power in the front line (they still get bashed by orc, chaos and lizards) and decent speed with their ghouls. (lots of teams are better than them). So if GW are to remove them, they'll just remove the best balanced team. Crying or Very sad
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead Rock no way are they overpowered look at my teams game list and i lose more than win, ok i do that with any team but still point is valid! Mummies are easily avoided, move round them its really not hard, my mummies spend most of the game acting as fear posts manipulating enemies movements rather than blocking! Plus ghouls are rather pants and undead struggle moving the ball, wights are ok though i guess, but there is alot better, and the line things.... well lets just leave them, Undead are balanced as any other team there isnt really much argument in it
2thedeath

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You all made really good points, but I agree that avoiding mummies is pretty easily done.
I love the undead team, it was the first bloodbowl team I ever played and will always be my favorite team. Necromantic are cool, but not nearly as cool as the original undead. Khemri are scary but definately not overpowered with 2AG all around (ghouls are 10x better than throw-ra!) The undead team seems to be one of the most balanced teams to me, right up there with humans. Please don't take them away!!!
Moekel

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

now what I want to know is.. why do rotters have no apo....
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Because they are rotting bags of infectious filth held together by the daemonic power of the disease. Would *you* sign on to be their apoth?

The Finishing Touch
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Also they are in the service of Nurgle, the god of disease and decay, doesn't really fit for them to have a doctor.