28 coaches online • Server time: 07:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2008 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to the Fish Smile (no not Macavity, never ever listen to him!)
Editorz

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2008 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Jan that's ace!

Well I've created my new player icons and Team Emblem

I'll post the link when they are authorised and up! Very Happy
Editorz

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2008 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Done the team including player icons helemt stadium and logo with a litany about Vamps as well! Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=484909
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2008 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice... and vampires too! Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2008 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Also, remember that custom icons work like this:

a- if you make custom human icons and replace the original ones, all humans (all humans, even other teams you spectate) will appear to you with the new icons.

b- if you create custom icons paired with a particular name, the icons will load only for that single player. Problem is that in order to have the custom icons always work, you have to always use the same names (ie when blitzer Billy Elliott dies, you have to buy another blitzer called Billy Elliott).

c- if you want to change names and have the custom icons appear, you have to edit the icons.ini files EVERY time you buy a new player (which is incredibly boring, after a while).

Solution B is the best, mainly because it lets you give away your custom icons set and when people install it, they will see your icons when spectating. Which is cool for fans. The drawback is that you will never be able to change names to players. Which is something I always accepted for my Hellfish, even before thinking of custom icons, but many people don't like it at all.

It would be great if it worked with wildcards or regular expressions.
I made custom icons for my Blue Moon Coven. It would be quite easy with wildcards since the names of the vamps all start with "Prophet" and those of the thralls with "Frater".
Now, sometimes when I forget to edit the icons.ini after hiring a new player a standard icon shows up. On the bright side, the rookie is easier to identify in his first game. Wink

Jump to: