44 coaches online • Server time: 11:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently, a few coaches sparked a flame war which led to the (justified) locking of a thread. Sad

But perhaps the shock-jock of the match reports about which the thread was concerned has a place on fumbbl after all... Wink

the match reports to which I'm referring were all written by a rather new coach going only by the name of Neal! His reports, instead of giving an interesting yet commonly seen blow by blow account of the game, took a more comedic approach by complaining about the game of bloodbowl and generally and playfully making fun of his opponents names and playing styles - even going to the extent of citing his own evidence. Laughing

My household thinks he is the funniest man on the internet and we were in stitches about his almost dada take on our beloved game.
I know everyone wants their match reports to be interesting, and I always strive to a certain degree of humour, but nobody can match the Sound and the Fury provided by my new favourite commentator.
Acheron Styx suggested Neal! do a team hate article in GLN and though I think this might lead to more flaming, perhaps Neal! could be asked to do something a bit less abrasive, such as a "Neal's match report of the week" section.
If there isn't a "best match report" section in GLN, it might provide yet more amusement.
Or step it up a notch and have a GLN's Most Wanted list. Perhaps a bazaar of the berserk, or a libram of the litigious. An article by the angry and a dissertation by the severely discombobulated.
All of us have a love and hate relationship with the game, but maybe it's time someone took the articulation of the hate beyond quoting the luck-metre.
Maybe someone can get inside the gory details of what happens on the pitch when those crazy, crazy games get played - it must have happened quite a few times already, but nobody ever stopped to say "I threw a rock at an elephant once... it DID NOT FALL TO THE GROUND"
Comedy is an essential part of the hobby. I love it. I'd love to keep my eye on the "latest commented matches" box all the time, but I sometimes miss out. If someone could let me know the cream of what I'm missing, that'd be grand. Here are a few of Neal's reports to give you an idea of what I'm getting at:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=162191

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=162288

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=162375

(special thanks to HunterX, who seemed to be one of the guys from the locked thread with a SOH)

At any rate, what I'm trying to say is perhaps GLN would be even more enjoyable if we saw more comedy articles printed from some of fumbbl's colourful personalities. What do you all think?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. I laughed my arse off when I read the first little flame war.

Be sure to add a disclaimer at the bottom. "The views presented above do not necessarily represent the views of the staff..."

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like it too. He's obviously a talented (young?) lad, and the reports are just hilarious. Neal!, if you read this, keep writing. We love that you hate the game.
Janzki

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I second that! Most amusing reports I have ever read. Neal!'s the man Smile

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
HunterX

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear, Hear! Three cheers for Neal! Someone with a gift like his should not be squelched by the Man. I fully understand why the thread was locked, because some people don't have a sense of humor and started the flame war.

I suggest Neal!'s match comments go into the GLN so more people may enjoy, or entice Neal to do a regular/semi-regular column.

Thanks for your consideration Wink
Moekel

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG rofl... after i read the first one a while back i wasn't sure wether the guy was just plain weird and unfriendly or had a good sense of humor... but i have to salute neil! the man himself !! it has been ages since i laughed so hard !!!
Jugular

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah he's hilarious but praising him will quench his hatred surely.....That kind of anger only feeds off others disapproval.. or maybe I should give up on Psychology and stick to my Maths Smile
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
Yeah he's hilarious but praising him will quench his hatred surely.....That kind of anger only feeds off others disapproval.. or maybe I should give up on Psychology and stick to my Maths Smile

With that in mind....

What a moron. It's his kind of attitude which brings this game into disrepute. I have nothing but utter contempt for this imbecile of a player, who obviously has less coaching talent than the combined efforts of the Outer Mongolian reserve football squad.

(Keep up the good work Neal! Your reports are the funniest thing around!!) Wink
Jugular

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah what he said Wink
vigil

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

A Grotty Little Wankers weekly rant by Neal! would be a fun addition. Pitch Invasion! is a good name for it too. Speaking as the guy who was playing Neal in 2 out of 3 of those games let me assure you. He ranted nonstop in the same manner for the entire game. It was hillarious.
Khaan

Post 12 Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant stuff.

The Boyz
odi

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Neils match reports were the funniest match reports I've ever read. I think the reason some people just got pissed off, was that Neil is verbally a bashy coach. But funny, very, very funny. Great reports Neil, keep them coming.
IanT

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Neil reminds me of a young Ben Elton. you know, the guy who screamed about class inequality and abuses of wealth and privelige. You might more readily recognize Ben as being that rich bastard who writes Musicals for the westend and its rich clientel. needless to say the disolutioned youth of Neil will and should become part of the establishment(GLN writer). His humour is hilarious and i can't wait to see which poor sod gets to play him next. (so long as its not me!!) Keep it up neil.
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't hope people is referring to me when talking about the flame war.. For my part it was more of a "duel" as to who could insult the other the best (Neal got the last word since the thread was locked.. =( )

Anyway, I did write "it's all for fun" at the bottom, so... oki, that's enough out of me, I'm gonna go get a Christmas Beer (release party today!)
HunterX

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Not at all MixX, you were part of the enjoyment. Cheers!

Jump to: