20 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you block/blitz as much as possible in the last turn?
Yes - my players could do with 2 SPP
69%
 69%  [ 211 ]
Only if my opponent hasn't used their apothecary
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Only if I can't easily score
7%
 7%  [ 22 ]
Only if there is no possibility to score
12%
 12%  [ 37 ]
If I lost, I want revenge and sweet sweet elf blood!
4%
 4%  [ 13 ]
No - there's no point unless I need to to make a TD
5%
 5%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 302

elara

Post 22 Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Some coaches don't seem to like it any more than being fouled in the last turn. What is the general attitude?
Barash

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's always wierd that players always block first, going for a casualty. Throwing the ball for a completion is really easier then causing a casualty (PO, RSC players excepted) so getting 1 SSP for the pass is easier then getting 2 SSP for a casualty

Sometimes when I hurted my opponent very bad earlier in the game I don't do any 8th turn blocking, since I don't like to kill off someones team too much (stunty games excepted: they are ment to be bloody).

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

the point is, this is called "blood"bowl...
NOT "flower"bowl or "hugme"bowl
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok this is a new low in bitching. A block can get you spp so do it, especially if you have players who can only get spp from blocking like saurus and black orks. You only have a right to complain if your oponent does something that he gets no personal gain out of, ie fouling on turn 16 when he already caused two cas in the game. The reason a lot of people throw blocks before passing the ball is simply that if you have a bashy team and a lot of players with block it's usually a lot safer to throw your blocks than to pass the ball.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
It's always wierd that players always block first, going for a casualty. Throwing the ball for a completion is really easier then causing a casualty (PO, RSC players excepted) so getting 1 SSP for the pass is easier then getting 2 SSP for a casualty

Not weird at all. A Block only causes a turn-over on snake eyes. A Pass causes a turn-over on a single roll below three (okay, maybe less for elves). Add the fact that you can re-roll a 2d block, effectively getting four dice, none of which can be skull...

Basically you can block first (low risk) and then go for that high risk 1 possible spp from passing.

As to the "blood"bowl comment. Boo on you. That's a lame argument.

Anyway, no one will stop me from blocking in turn 8 second half, and neither will i expect my opponent not to block. I may be miffed if I'm already 6 cas down, but it's the game.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling and Blocking are to different things. if you weren't meant to block on turn 8 there would only be 7 turns. Fouling turn 8 gets no SPPs for you and pretty much garauntees your opponent wont play you again so it matters not if you destroy his side. True there's some credit to be had for being responsible for making someone retire a team but whos gonna know that it was because of you
Pardus

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

also there is a chance your character can die, as apposed to fouling on turn 8 where there is no danger what so ever to the attacker
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This is really a silly topic, the only time I wont block in Turn 8 is if i've completely savaged his team, and even then i'll think twice.

Line up your three cheapest players, let me wail on em a couple times and i'll hit ctr-enter

I've never had anyone complain about blocking in Turn 16, but then again I dont use hordes of po/rsc mutants either.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I have a chance of a TD in the last turn, then I will always give it a try.
If I can't get a TD I will always throw as many blocks as I can. Or at least make it difficult for the other players last turn.

Quote:
if you weren't meant to block on turn 8 there would only be 7 turns. Fouling turn 8 gets no SPPs

Quite simply, the lowest of the low will foul in the last turn of the game, but everybody should block in the last turn of the game.
(unless they are going for a TD attempt!) Wink
Jezlad

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm low. Very low infact. How about we all grow up and deal with the fact blood bowlers are there to hurt each other. Would a forty stone ogre look at his watch in the closing seconds?
Exactly
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah he would
he'd be thinking "Oi that master chefs mutton pie should be done soon I can smell it frem here, fudge this 'ittle line rat mmm mutton." and forget his block...

now trolls get distracted picking buggers...

better example would be a minotaur or a rat ogre Jezlad old bean

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What I wanna know is....whats an Ogre doing with a watch?

And saying he did have one....how would he know what to do with it? Except maybe to shove it down the throat of the nearest victim!!
jazzer

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

lets not do anything on turn 7 cause thats only 1 turn away from turn 8 and id hate to do anything to the opposing team, no wait lets not block at all in the second half caus ethats very close to turn8 !!!!!!!!, piffle foul, kick scream do what ever you want in turn 8 who cares if he can only field 2 players kill em, let him or her cry and go and make a new team!
Hax

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No way ogres use watches!
they couldnt read it well, because they already wear fashionably Sunglasses !
at least my Ogres do that Razz
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hang on...it makes sense that they wear watches...Think about it...They're not boneheaded after all, they're just trying to tell the time!!

Cusi's got the right idea...them Mino's & Rat Ogres....they'd never wear watches.
Dunno about sun glasses though....
 Jump to: