29 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Riilthorne

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I have been abused and called some pretty nasty names.

Background: I have a team of Orcs, no mighty blow, no PO and 1 dirty player. I used to thump teams but have been guilted by my friends and others into making non-bashy teams. But i love playing orcs.anyway

Game 1: I play vs a Chaos Dwarf team. His PO minotaur moves into the middle of all my players. I ignore him and next turn he attacks me and gets 2D against, rolls a skull and down he goes damaging his ankle.-1 MA
He is apothecaried I then foul him with my dirty player (he is there to rid my teams from PO players after all) and he is carried off with a niggling injury.

I am accused of ending his team and called some pretty vile names. I certainly would never call any1 these kinds of names to anyone. And there are very few people who would call me these things to my face.
This is just accerbated when I block another player and give the chaos dwarf a broken neck.

He later decides to simply concede.

Second game: I play my orcs vs other orcs. We are both non-bashy orc teams. He comes out blocking away knocking a lot of my guys into the dirt. My guys are prone all over the field, I block one of his guys (I have the ref by the way) and foul him killing him but he is apothecaried. Once again I am heavily insulted by some rather dirty words, not just b@st@rd or b__ch but once again some heavier language.

In each of these games I had achieved ONE foul. One against a PO minotaur.

I understand that people get worried when they use their apothecary at the start of the game. I know it is annoying to have your players thumped and niggled, stat reduced.

But using nasty language when you are safely hidden by a cpu screen and a couple of thousand miles seems rude, nasty and cowardly.

This IS a game and people are people and get upset.

I understand this. I just think that people should NOT guilt the other player, insult the other player and try to be civil.

Complain if you need to.
Be curt and surly.

But swearing and being unsportsmanlike seems WAY over the top.

maybe if I'd fouled every turn (with get the ref I am giving away the advantage of the kick off result if I don't use it.Would they redo a PI in their favour or a Blitz? I don't think so.) and had killed 2 or more players through fouling they may have a case.

But ONE foul should not signal the amount of abuse I got tonight.
I didn't have PO, mighty blow or claw. I am NOT trying to kill teams.
Why am I a bastard for ONE foul?

And that kind of talk is not on even if they are decimating you.
Concede or hide or whatever but lets be polite please.

Thanks. Crying or Very sad
alterationX

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

oh well... (maybe we can really add a coach rating to the client, don't you think?) there are people and there are people and some people just aren't proper people, yknow?
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You have also a very poor memory, because you did not made a single foul, but 2 or 3, just watch the replay...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Even so.. lets not have another 26 page forum topic on fouling.... this has been done to death...

And btw... Even if they foul your player, ressurect him, and kill him again... there is never any excuse for name calling and foul language in the client or in the #fumbbl group when the game concludes. Just remember the coaches name and avoid him in the future.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul and abusive language is against the rules (though I sometimes offer it in the direction of the dice, I never direct it at my opponent Wink)

PO Minos are asking for it; I'm just surprised they don't get fouled more often.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

alterationX wrote:
oh well... (maybe we can really add a coach rating to the client, don't you think?) there are people and there are people and some people just aren't proper people, yknow?

There will never be a coach rating system in the client (not it's job), or in fumbbl. Your definition of what a proper coach is different from mine, as min is different from the next coach. Keep a list of people you won't play again for yourself, that's what many of us do.

It's unfortunate that some people cry like babies when they are fouled, however its a response that a fouler is going to have to get used to. Report any truly abusive language to the admins, but other than that, consider it the price of your actions. The only time I get annoyed is when I play someone who fouls once per half whether it matters or not.
Trog

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In a game I played the other day, skaven vs skaven, my DP fouled his star 1 turner. Unfortunately just a KO (he would later return), but as soon as the foul was committed this coach went on an absolute tear. Calling me a F*CKER, and how my team was sooo f*cking dead for fouling his star GR.
I informed him that we would play however he wanted to play, but that name calling was a no-no.
After a few more turns he seemed to calm down and the rest of the game went alright.
Some people just don't handle fouling well and get bent out of shape, no need to take it personal and call names though.
TorinLastave

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A few things I would like to to say on the fouling issue is simply that it really annoys some people including me. It causes me to stress the game and takes all the fun out of it. If you have time to play 30 games a week fouling is not a big deal, if you play 5 games a week and a few niggles and a death in a game can set you back a week.

I know some people believe that the elves have no room to whine about the cost of their players. Unfortunatly, to do this players need to able stay around and be replaced when fouling becomes rampant the built in cost of a player based on skills and stats go out the window, ie if you have a few tackle players a few DP you can easily kill maim or eliminate a 100k blitzer with Blodge for every 50k player you lose.

In general I try to avoid those who have a fouling play style, make threats to foul players that are hard to replace on opponents teams that start fouling and generally request the oppenent stops fouling indiscremently for no real advantage.

Outright cursing and bad behavior should still not be excused, but you have to remember when you stress people they do wierd things, which is one reason unfortunatly fouling actually does work it cause a emotional response and get the coach out of the proper state of mind. If you dont believe me play the board game and watch what happens to some coaches after a player dies to a foul.

Lastly if you have a PO minataur in the middle of a group and gets fouled its your own fault, if you have 3 DP and foul the other teams best players whenever you get a chance, including ignoring a chance to better your postion in the game, then can't find a game its your own fault. And finally people have different tolerances for differetnt playstyles so try to remeber there is a human being on the other end of the internet connection so try to be considerate.

Sorry about the length.
BeeCee

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just comment the game and let everyone know your opponent was unsportsman like or committed however many fouls or was just a bad sport. Put it out there for everyone to see and I bet they change their ways because soon no one will play them.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone is behaving in an abusive manner, contact me or one of the other admins, we do not tolerate that here.

The Finishing Touch
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

*bonks klipp with a nekkid git!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Guys the game is called "BLOOD" bow.... kidding kidding

it's upsetting to be fouled when you can't see a reasonf for your opponent to do it... but it's really their perogative.

That said if you have PO minotaur you should expect him to be fouled... if you have a one turn scorer expect him to be fouled! The "damage" these players can cause in game far outways the abuse your oponent might give you for killing them. And if you prevent your team being maimed or make it impossible for your oponent to score a TD in a single turn by sticking the boot in... good for you!

However fictional players that a represented by a punch of pixels abusing one another doesn't justify abuse of other people. If your sstar player goes down, say "damn" or even "F*CK" but never "damn you" or "F*CK you!" or "Go F*ck yourself you F*cking Fat C*nt, Why the F*ck you Foul? You F*cking lame sh!T A*se hole. Go **** a ****." That can hurt someones feelings!

Last edited by cataphract on %b %09, %2003 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

much better then mchammer cataphract! thank you now you jsut need to animate the pumpwagon 8?D
nm it is
great avatar then
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno....I rather liked MCHammer. Hehe...those trousers...
That reminds me....must book a marquee...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling and fouling are clearly a part of the game and efective strategys in some situations, we all know that and it's been debated a thousand times. The real point of this thread is that some people online are just plain rude. Their is nothing that one coach can do in the game to justify the other coach throwing a fit over it. I don't care if someone fouls you every turn while keeping the ball in a cage next to your goal line for an entire half their is absolutely no reason to throw a bitch fit over it. It's a game players die it's suposed to happen just like in real life, shit happens get ove rit and move on. If you insist on bitching and being blatantly offensive you just make yourself look like a real jackass.