17 coaches online • Server time: 05:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Covertfun

Post 8 Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mad

I'd like if I may to sum up Cusi's contribution to this thread:

*bonks klipp with a nekkid git!

much better then mchammer cataphract! thank you now you jsut need to animate the pumpwagon 8?D
nm it is
great avatar then

*hits Z with a halibut

wuhan never fouls ask him

the madman said to his other personality "i rock!"

Now, I won't write much more, since I am doing an essay atm Crying or Very sad , but Cusi:

I'm not entirely positive that I'm correct in assuming that your final post is stating that the 'madman' is posting as a means of inflating his own ego as opposed to attempting to opine to and entertain others but...

Many more fumbblers are saying "that madman and his other personality are really funny" than say "That Cusi, I love every word he types"

So maybe you should stop trying to out-cool every post you come across (excuse the pun)... When the madman speaks, although it is roundabout and odd, he mentions the topic. You seem to just be pasting your ugly green avatar everywhere you see a chance to type a sentence or half.

Brevity is the soul of wit, it's true, but your editing of other peoples' posts and incapacity to take part in lively discussion indicate that for all your brevity - - - you have no soul and no wit.
Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Covertfun on %b %10, %2003 - %13:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
phillier

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had to say that Cataphract made me giggle like a school girl with his renactment of a profanity laced tyrade. Well done!!
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

z, klipp and wuhan are friends of mine and those posts at the time had to do with what we were talking about in chat,
covertfun

Last edited by cusi on %b %09, %2003 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
tore

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cusi wrote:
wuhan never fouls ask him

That one cracked me up real hard! In summation, a lot of us like to have a laugh when on fumbbl, and I see nothing wrong with a little or a lot of silliness on these forums once in a while.

That being said, there is no call at all for name-calling amongst grow-ups. Especially not when your team gets beaten to a flithy pulp by a pirate Very Happy

.: Tore
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Covertfun wrote:

Brevity is the soul of wit, it's true, but your editing of other people's posts and incapacity to take part in lively discussion indicate that for all your brevity - - - you have no soul and no wit.
Evil or Very Mad

emphasis is mine.

You deserve to be pumped full of sapphire bullets of pure love until your corpse is floundering on the ground like a halibut out of water for that one.

As Always,
Evolve to Anarchism
Patriotic Quiz

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %10, %2003 - %12:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Neal

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

An anarchist making spelling errors and poorly structuring his sentences??? I never dared to think I would see the day…

If I were you Covertfun Id get the hell outta here while you still could… I’ve heard about those sapphire bullets of pure love and their like 10 times worse than regular bullets of pure love… and when you think about it that’s also 3.489 times worse than those diamond bullets of pure love… and dont get me started on how much better they are than sapphire bullets of imitation pure love... or those 'I cant believe its not pure love bullets'... trust me… I found that out the hard way…
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

why would a anarchist care about structure anyways

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Riilthorne wrote:
Also how can you look at people commented matches?

ie. Neal boy's?

got to http://fumbbl.com/~Neal
lik on view matches then click on the little 'r' in the green cirl to see the report

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well while we are on the topic can people put on here any pieces of etiquette they would like every1 to abide by?

Here are some of the ones I have transgressed but didn't realise:

a] Tell the other player if you have a star player
b] Fouling on turn 8 of 1st half is just as bad as on 2nd half.(despite me getting RAPED!! 3 - 0 and outnumbered)
c] If you are not allowed to use dirty players you shouldn't be able to use Piling on either
(this was against me not me doing it lol - apparently PO is ok as you can get SPP's from it while DP is just there to hurt guys)
d] Don't block everyone you can when playing someone who is doing a recovery game,
(DESPITE the fact that they maximise blocks on you!)
e] Don't pick on skinks because that is unfair, hit the saurus's thats why they are there!

Any others that I have missed?

This list just shows that some people expect WAYT different things than others.
Just make that your 1st assumption when some1 does something you don't approve of.
Maybe even suggest they stop and see what happens.

jeez I am a wussy orc coach *sighs*
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Code Of Conduct
[---8<---]
* Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.
* Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events.
[---8<---]
* Personal attacks and excessive abusive language is not accepted. Discussing other people's styles of play does not qualify as a personal attack.

From my point of view, this is more than enough to end the story.

marco

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Riilthorne wrote:

e] Don't pick on skinks because that is unfair, hit the saurus's thats why they are there!

rofl i have a few more

f) if you are playing against dwarves don't move more that 6 squares because they won't be able to catch up with you
g)if you have more re-rolls than your oponent only use a number of re-rolls equal to the amount they have. otherwise you'll give yourself more luck. this isn't fair.
h)if your oponent uses a re-roll and fails again you should end your next turn immediately otherwise the re-roll was a waste.
i)if you kill an oponents player let them use your apothecary
g)don't win the game because your opponent will get a -1 on his fanfactor roll
g)don't play blood bowl because you run the risk of wankers trying to impose on field etiquette.

By all means be civil to one another but don't disadvantage yourself in the game because someone says it's nice! It's a game for heaven's sake... the client forces you to play by the rules, what more can you ask for

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

dinaturz wrote:
Quote:

Code Of Conduct
[---8<---]
* Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.
* Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events.
[---8<---]
* Personal attacks and excessive abusive language is not accepted. Discussing other people's styles of play does not qualify as a personal attack.

From my point of view, this is more than enough to end the story.

marco

true but it still suggests you have a lot of leeway once the game has started to decide on 'gentlemans rules'
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

c'mon... use common sense. Thats just semantics and I think it's obvious that any kind of agreements are considered cheating, being in-game or not.
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I don t think the real pointis only on fouling. Heck, fouling is part of the game! I just think that some people just cannot handle defeat or worst, they get so attached to their team, they feel nothing should happen to them. Well newsflash to those people, those are aleas of the game. If you want a game with no death, no blood, where you don't loose anybody, go play with Barbie dolls!!!

I understand that it can be frustrating, depressing at some point and all. But when you resolve to name calling, this is pathetic. I mean, would you do it in a real physical league, with the person standing right in front of you? Everybody got somebody on their team killed at some point or another, or killed somebody on the other team. It is part of the game. If you have a one turn td guy, expect him to be a target. What are your targets for the other teams??? Don't you think they want to win the game too???

Some people are just to childish to play to any games. If it is your case...well....measure your actions and think for a second. You think it is unfair...show me where it is written that everything in life should be!

Diamond, QC, Canada
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If you´re in an IRL-league you don´t have to shout insults.
You can just go around the table and thump the everloving piss out of your opponent....much better Wink
 Jump to: