17 coaches online • Server time: 07:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Diamond5119Some people are just to childish to play to any games. If it is your case...well....measure your actions and think for a second. You think it is unfair...show me where it is written that everything in life should be!
[/quote]

hmmm... quick google search

http://mentalhealth.about.com/library/weekly/aa022601a.htm

see... it's written!

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling more than a turn or so is in my opinion a real sign of a bad sport... and a real coward. I'd be for some rule about not scoring when you could before anything about fouling.
You know what, too damn bad if you don't like it. If you don't want to get fouled never play smebody that plays in the spirit of the game. This game is ABOUT KILLING other players often for no reason but spite. Don't wanna get fouled play against elves or halflings. My dwarf team ALWAYS fouls orcs and gobbos at least twice ans usually 4 times or so in the game. My chaos team will do it out of spite as will my skaven. They are dirty teams and once I line up my other skills intend sveral dirty player skills with my skaven and chaos.

I've never had anybody really complain. and I do usually foul once per half for good measure. Usually early so I can get a leg up if I can. The 1st time I do, you cam be darn sure I stop trying to score and all I do is gang block and then foul the hell out your players with assists to the foul.
I'm not a bad sport, I'm really a good sport, I never stall, rarely do a late game push out and only foul a few times a game. But this constant whining. I only play a few times... He's my best player...
Go play Madden or some other nice game. This is a game, its part of the rules. Get over it.
Mortar

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'd like to say that fouling sometimes can get you through the game... And if you're losing a game fouling makes you feel better (especially when you hurt your opponents player). That is the main problem. Opponent feels then like he was hurt and his last chance to be angry is to say some bad words to you... I think that 'thmbscrws' said all true about this all fouling.
Its a part of a game (like a fantasy life, where even heroes can die or can be hurt)...

Good luck, surviving our fouls Smile
wayne

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if any single person who complains about fouling (it's allowed in the rules after all) or skills like PO & Dirty Player have thought of this. If it isn't so fun for you to get fouled, how do you think it feels be a slow team up a against a fast shooty team munchkined out to pass and move better. The game is the game, and rules are the rule. If you are playing the game you have accepted the conditions of the game and the rules. Fouling is allowed and if a man can't handle it they shouldn't suit up for the game.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, people stall in real football too. People run down the clock when they are up, and try their level best to keep it ticking. So, I do not personally think that one can complain about it. If the pros do it, why cant we?

Z
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

NastyOgre wrote:
Stalling more than a turn or so is in my opinion a real sign of a bad sport... and a real coward. I'd be for some rule about not scoring when you could before anything about fouling.

i find it stalling when the opponent has 1 turners a legit tactic... even when then u will always risk drawing the match... it's never that safe when there are 1 turners involved. especially since usually they don't enter the field when they ain't receiving the kick.

Besides that... stalling sucks and pretty much spoils the match...

Now I ask you NastyOgre... wouldn't u stall if yer opponent had a 1 turner?
wayne

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

AloneAndBurned wrote:
Well, people stall in real football too. People run down the clock when they are up, and try their level best to keep it ticking. So, I do not personally think that one can complain about it. If the pros do it, why cant we?
Z

With your logic, Some people steal, rape and murder so why can't we?
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

wayne wrote:
AloneAndBurned wrote:
Z

ummm... no

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

wayne wrote:
AloneAndBurned wrote:
Z

I can't really think of any professional players of any sport which currently steal, rape and murder in the course of their game!!

Hey...I could be wrong....but I doubt it!! Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Delta wrote:
wayne wrote:
AloneAndBurned wrote:
Z

I can't really think of any professional players of any sport which currently steal, rape and murder in the course of their game!!

Hey...I could be wrong....but I doubt it!! Wink

Career criminals I was talking about. Still, let the little boys whine.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is fun! For me at least,

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling for more than two turns is pretty lame and I'd foul them to death if at all possible for it.

But then what is an elf team going to do? Not much, really - Even a wardancer is hard pressed to break into a well-made cage and get the ball out.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad they locked that "Fouling Part of the Game" thread.

However I did come across this nice little match report. Coach A commented how coach B fouled all 8 turns of the 2nd half (or something in that nature).

This was Coach B's response.

"OMG....
What is the point of that comment? To make me look as a bad player? I don't see anything wrong in playing for fun when you know you can't win... But I guess some people only care about winning and don't care about having fun..."

I guess "fun" is trying to kill off someone elses team once you've lost.

Yes fouling is part of the game, unfortunately so are a$$holes.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It really annoys me how so many people use their match reports just to whine about luck/fouling/their opponent/whatever.

If I was a new coach I might bring up the site and think, 'Ok, I'll read some match reports, see how things are around here'.

Then I'd read the sort of thing that usually is on there, think 'this place really sucks', and never come back again. A sad state of affairs.

(And congrats to those players who do actually use their match reports for fluff, to actually say what happened in the game, or, god forbid, to actually COMPLIMENT their oppo on a good game. Wish there were more of you out there.)

(Edited for spelling, though I still can't decide whether it's 'compliment' or 'complement')
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

stalling: if youve let someone get in a position when they can stall, deal with it, it's your own silly fault
 Jump to: