43 coaches online • Server time: 13:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Well? Are you friend with the dices?
The gods love me!
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Average luck
51%
 51%  [ 71 ]
I'm all skulls!
33%
 33%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 139

Tinkywinky

Post 5 Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a feeling that a lot of coaches think that they are unlucky (that includes me). I just want to find out how many.
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

the 4 unluckiest coaches on fumbbl
of all time
are
1. Mnemon
2. Candlejack
3. Copycat
4. Cusi

Last edited by cusi on %b %11, %2003 - %06:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So far in my 13 faction matches I've had better luck then my opponent in three matches. I've also rolled a natural one on six of my seven last FF-rolls.
Beat that!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as Mnemon returns i gonna make the Unlucky Coaches Tourny with us three and let people bet how man skulls, double ones, trips to death and apoth failures we will have in our matches, not to mention the 1st skill ageings.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

tinky
so young
so inexperienced
until you have had the pleasure of a mnemon match
you do not know what true bad luck is

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

in my last game with my humans the dead´ard rabbits it was pouring rain.
i felt extremely lucky when, in the last turn, i picked up the ball, passed it, caught it in a tz, dodged out of it, made a hand off (also in a tz), dodged out again and successfully gfi.
i felt extremely UNlucky when i failed tha last gfi and ended up without a td but with a fractured skull and the resulting -av instead.
the irony.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked the first team in Mnemons list and he had gotten four +1S and two +1M on a 160 TR team, that is incredibly lucky. This single test demonstrates that I'm more unlucky Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hell no
look at his record
he couldnt pick the ball up with a big hand ag 5 sure hands beastmen in normal weather
Cool
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinky..., Mnemon was here rolling double ones and quadrumple skulls when your account was not even a glimps in your eyes Razz
After playing more than 500 matches here and going through a mass of failed rolls and unlucky deaths, many coaches use my name to curse their opponents dices, but they never dare to utter Mnemons name in this context because they know, this would unleash the greatest wave of depression among coaches ever seen on fumbbl.

If you don't believe... watch some reaplys or talk to the veterans on the chat....

You will get what i mean, when you approach the 200 matches mark... do your time .. Wink
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha the old geezers telling tales of horrid unluck that happened a long long time ago Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

*passses his spare cane to candlejack and slowly hobbles after the whippersnapper!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I consider myself neutral. I either have insanely good luck, or insanely bad luck. Like my Timid Terror have only had one lasting injury in 36 games (aside from 1 death). On the other hand, for 13 games in a row I won the toss everytime, and everytime I chose to receive. And 13/13 times my opponent rolled Blitz. This streak was finally broken when I had snapped and chose to kick off instead. Since then my opponent doesn't always roll Blitz when I receive first, but I always think twice about receiving on the initial toss. Wink

Of course my luck on table-top has never had such freakish things happen in all the years I've played it, which makes me wonder just how 'random' Javabowl really is. Regardless, sometimes all you can do is wade through the evil and hope for the best.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I definately want to bid for a place on that table - my last game was an extreme example of what happens to me all too often:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=165647

I have a spreadsheet charting my luck% v my opponent's luck% - last time I checked it, I was on average 4% lower than my opponent. In the match above, I was 21% lower...!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

GOGO mr skull
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I consider myself neutral. I either have insanely good luck, or insanely bad luck.

Likewise, it always seems to be one extreme or the other.

Having said that, I don't think I would remember an 'average' match anyway.
On a similar thread somebody quoted some psychology malarky about you only remember really bad things.....or really good things...or something like that.

Ya play the game, ya takes ya chances. Wink
 Jump to: