59 coaches online • Server time: 17:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had it! Had it I say! It has driven me insane that the majority of coaches believe that the DP has been nerfed and the fouling level under CRP has fallen off the cliff. This is just wrong!

A foul is a blitz with basically a 1 in 3 chance of ejection. Done properly you basically auto break armor with MB. Fouling is a smart move and should be done on a regular basis.

There is no such thing as tactical fouling. A coach who says he is a tacitcal fouler is giving in to peer pressure that he is not a low down fouling coach. Every DP foul is with the intention of getting a RIP or a nasty SI. So the only distinction between a tactical foul and a low down foul is based purely on the result of the foul. If you only get a stun, you are obviously disapointed. You get defensive when other coaches say that was a bad foul and you make some lame defense that it was a tactiacl foul. Whatever. You foul to KILL amd SI because it gives you a huge tactical advanatge to winning the match.

Is stunning a player the same as giving him a RIP? NO! so obvious the ideal result is anything that permantly removes the opponeets pixels.

Bribes. I have noticed that if you get a bribe the ref gives you a lot of lee way on fouling. It seems that when you have a bribe you get about 3 to 5 fouls in before the ref calls you on it. I dont have spir0s backing on this conspiracy theory but I have noticed this trend of late.

16 Fouls in a match. You basically have a 1 in 3 chance of ejection on a succesful foul. So if you are getting ejected every 2 fouls you need 8 DP on your team. BUT I think if you want to lay out 16 DP fouls you basically need about 6 of them. I think that is a good number of DP for a team. The ref seems to throw out the first guy fast but the second and third guy seem to get away with about 3 fouls each before the ref has had enough.

16 blitzes followed up by 16 DP fouls is a game winner. It is a lot easier to shortman the other team with this winning combo. Why fight an uphill battle and never foul. Makes no sense to me.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

blx

Wink
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The bigger secret: you don't need DP to foul effectively. If you need something fouled badly enough, find someone to do the job.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling on a Blood Bowl field? Disgraceful. Disgusting. A fine and the animal be put down, although I'd advocate a small jail sentence. I mean, who wants to roll around in dog poo!?!! The idea makes my skin crawl.

*somebody whispers in Chainsaw's ear*

Oooooooooooohhhhhh....... yeah, um, boot away.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Slow day at work, Pain?

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Slow day at work, Pain?

Don't feed the trolls!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it true that FUMBBL is being added to work/school filters nowadays? Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Slow day at work, Pain?

Actually really busy. Thanks for asking.

Feeding trolls? Considering we have had no good good ole fashion DP discussion in seems like years I think the DP trolls are all dead. Or they moved on over to the min/max, CLPOMB, CRP is crap and FUMBBL needs to impliment this idea pronto or I quite threads.

But my orginal post still stands. Coaches who have given up on DP are gimping their tactics on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Feeding trolls? Considering we have had no good good ole fashion DP discussion in seems like years I think the DP trolls are all dead. Or they moved on over to the min/max, CLPOMB, CRP is crap and FUMBBL needs to impliment this idea pronto or I quite threads.

or they started exploiting clawbomb...

--j

ImageImage
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:

or they started exploiting clawbomb...

--j

By exploiting you mean using.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My little pony, my little pony, ah ah ah aaaaahhhhh
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Every DP foul is with the intention of getting a RIP or a nasty SI.

Yes it would be nice to make a RIP, but there are several fouls that I would actually want a BH over a RIP.

If this is his 3th or 4th or maybe even 2nd best player on his team and you BH it then the coach is in a dilemma. If he APO it, he might in a future block or foul lose his best player. And beside the BH does no permanent injury to the team. A lot of coaches to my experience pick not to APO and therefore I get an advantage over if he APO and the player later will come into the pitch, now he is out of the rest of the game.

So to be frank and honest. Early on I want some BH to get rid of his players and get an advantage. THEN the RIP can float in Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is still valid and fouling with bribe support can be pretty OP.

The big change is that fouling is no longer an interesting decision and, as you point out, can be done much more consistently than in previous versions of the rules.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
. And beside the BH does no permanent injury to the team. A lot of coaches to my experience pick not to APO and therefore I get an advantage over if he APO and the player later will come into the pitch, now he is out of the rest of the game.

So to be frank and honest. Early on I want some BH to get rid of his players and get an advantage. THEN the RIP can float in Very Happy

Well as a graduate of the PaulHicks school, I was anchor man of the 2007 graduating class, of Blood Bowl I would say your rationale is not off but misguided.

The best scenario is get the RIP on the opening 4 blocks/foul. Make you opponeet use the apoth in the first turn. Hope he makes his roll so you can get another "go" at him later on in the match. By making you opponeet use his apoth in the opening turn that allows you to really chomp on your opponeet and shortman him fast.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Fouling is still valid and fouling with bribe support can be pretty OP.

wait a minute. I though LRB4 DP with get the ref was OP?

What is OP in CRP is bribe + DP playing against a min/max 11 man squad.. NOW THAT IS OP!!!!