52 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Doomy

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody!

My Blood Bowl experience is negligible and my playing skills non-existent. But we all have to start somewhere, right? Laughing

Last night I played my first ever online game, against Aerofool. Even though it was patently obvious I didn't know what I was doing he remained patient and encouraging, even while pounding my puny humans (Stirland Albion) into the dirt. Thanks Aero!
But it would be unfair of me to burden any one player too much, so if any of you are interested in helping teach a newbie the basics of the game through the medium of slaughter, send me a PM or reply in this thread.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl Very Happy
Wave your real life goodbye.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to fumble. Koadahs rookie legues/tourneys is a good place to start learning the basics
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2922

ask me on irc and we can sett upp a game in academy and i will try help you out abit also
Enar

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on what "experience is negligible and my playing skills non-existent" means, this might sound condecending. This is not intentional.

1) Read the rules. Really.

Some coaches here with hundreds of games behind them do not know the rules of the game. Seriously. Understanding the ruleset helps alot. Download the LRB4 ruleset here. Also look up this part.

2) Get to know the client and the gameplay.

This is what you are doing now, and perhaps for the first 100 games Smile
Having the 2d-view of the field and similar looking players, along with other things made me do alot of misstakes early on. We've all been there.
[A] is a good start, quite a few coaches here will gladly help you in-game with tips and strategies.

3) Start playing in [L] or [R], wichever suits you best.

4) Enojy!

And wellcome to Fumbbl! Smile
michaeljsell

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Doomy, welcome!

I'm fairly new as well and normally play in Academy to help people with the transition and goof around with new teams, so if you see me online, feel free to hit me up for a game, and make it as lopsided in your favor as you would like!
Doomy

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had my second online game, against Hardin0. Although I lost again I did a lot better this time. I put some half-decent moves together and even scored!
Hardin0 was also very friendly and patient. I feel I'm improving a little bit already, and I'm looking forward to playing my third game here soon. You guys know how to make a newbie feel welcome. Thanks!
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this thread feels so warm and cosy...I'll just hang around here for a while.

Hey fellas. What's up?

Oh, and yeah, hi there new guy, have fun!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Wow, this thread feels so warm and cosy...I'll just hang around here for a while.

Hey fellas. What's up?

Oh, and yeah, hi there new guy, have fun!

OH yeah!!! FOULS! STALLING!!! SNEAK HIRES!! PIE!!! SILLYSOD!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

And they say we are mean to newbies Very Happy

Welcome Doomy, starting playing in [R]anked could rapidly increase your playing skill (if you are real quick learner), but there are also a lot more jerks in [R] than in [A]cademy...not too many tho, you can always find nice and friendly coaches on gamefinder. If you somehow find yourself playing against not-so-nice coach who is destroying your team just for his own fun, please get over it and give this community another chance, FUMBBL has lost many possibly great members because they were picked by someone like that. I am glad you are enjoying your stay so far Smile

Cheers
Mates

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2008 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm still here. Wink
I got my team to 150/148 with a 2/2/5 record so have transferred them to Unranked. Shame I can't start Ranked play with the same guys.
Ulm

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2008 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The atmosphere in ranked is somewhat more competitive though. Smile And you might find some opponents far less patient.

But if you think you're up to it (and don't mind losing a lot early on, feel free to [shameless-self-plug]Read the Nice and Accurate guide to Gamefinder[/shameless-self-plug] and come join the madness. Oh, players (and your first 50-100 teams) frequently meet gruesome and bloody ends. but so long as you don't get too attached to your pixels, it's great fun.

It's the #fumbbl.dk way!
Doomy

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2008 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to be honest I have no idea if I'm "ready" or not. Are there many inexperienced players in [R]?
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2008 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

yes there are loads of inexperienced players in [R].

btw I like your nick.
Doomy

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I'll make a team for [R] and see how it works out.
As for the nick, I'm pleased you like it. I use it in a few places.

Edit: the Imperial Ravens have now been created. May they prosper!
Doomy

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2008 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they didn't prosper, but I'm happily playing norsemen in Ranked. I do believe I've turned into a BB addict.
 Jump to: