22 coaches online • Server time: 07:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If the GLN Was revived, Would You...
Read It And Contribute
22%
 22%  [ 34 ]
Read It
66%
 66%  [ 99 ]
Not Care
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Not Read It
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Say Its Not Worth It
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Say I Dont Want You Reviving It
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 149

SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2008 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought TNT was just tournament news... : /
In which case the two wouldn't be anything alike... unless GLN coverd a tourney or two. If that's not the case, I best go read TNT. Smile

Purplegoo has an article he's been working on for over a year about [L] that was to be submitted to the GLN before it faded away. It is the best article ever, better than FUMBBL itself!

See, proof:

Goos [L] Article > FUMBBL > Obama > God > [U]

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2008 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol well im still waiting on christers reply, IF it happens, ill take a look Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2008 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
I thought TNT was just tournament news... : /
In which case the two wouldn't be anything alike... unless GLN coverd a tourney or two. If that's not the case, I best go read TNT. Smile

Purplegoo has an article he's been working on for over a year about [L] that was to be submitted to the GLN before it faded away. It is the best article ever, better than FUMBBL itself!

See, proof:

Goos [L] Article > FUMBBL > Obama > God > [U]

Shocked

That childlike scrawl has been lost in the mists of time. It's reputation is better than the piece itself. Wink
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

lol well its all about revivals, so why not eh? Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

*Gets necromancer suit on, and dons flame proof clothing*
It would see that another attempt is in order, if it isn't tough tities. I am going to take a slightly different approach to this then others though. With a Mod or even better Admins permission I would like to get this up and going again. I would love some help from anyone, but if not then I better get writing. If someone could pass me the keys to this I will get started.
Anyone who wants to help, could you please post in here,
Mod's or Admin's approval\disapproval, could it please go in here as well?

To all a very merry Christmas and a hangoverless new year.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I have made various offers in my small time in here and been ignored or just told thanks...

Im happy to do whatever as i feel the newspaper is one of the main things that makes BB what it is !!
Also good for community spirit etc.

Im a high school english teacher to boot so maybe some of those skills might become usefull as well a long the way.
Sweet-Zombie-Jesus

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That awesome, I would love your help, and your expertise are greatly appreciated. Is there any particular part of the spread you want to do?

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

w/e to be honest.
Just would like to be involved Smile
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its interesting (and nice) to see such a new coach wanting to undertake this responsibility but the fact that you are new might possibly count against you. You see its important to undertand that the GLN was the baby of a coach named Cusi who tragicaly died some years ago. He was quite probably one of the most loved coaches ever on FUMBBL and did a lot of good work back in those early years (if you havn't done so yet i recomend reading some of his old forum posts) and i'm guessing that it's added a great weight to the importance of the GLN in many people eyes. Since Cusi's passing there have been several attempts to resurect the GLN but none have been truely succesful for one reason or another and this has been a great shame.
Getting it started again is therefor quite a big responsibility and though i do not question your good intentions or even your ability to do it i would guess that IF it is resurected that it would likely be done by a long term and proven member of this site who has shown they can make contributions in other areas.... i'm just guessing though... i don't pretend to be able to read Christers mind.

Please do not take what i have said as being "oh you're only a noob. You couldn't do it" because i don't mean it that way. Like i said it's really cool that there are so many people who want it up and running again and it is especialy good to see that the newer coaches also want to see it back.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would do a 'Dear Abby' style page, where I would answer on other coaches questions/whines about life and bloodbowl or use those as starting point for rants how things aren`t what they used to / should be.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

im still interested in doing this should christer decide to let it be revived, even if im not leading it
nice idea circ Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow..... Thanks Paul, I didn't know that. I guess it probably should be done by a more experienced coach then. However if no-one steps up I will try my best, knowing that kinda gives it a special value, something that really makes me want to make it the best.

Circular logic. I was thinking of putting another Dear Uncle Grom in it if that was what you were after? However I am open to any suggestions.

And Peter, After see your posting on the forum I am guessing you are the kind of person that would be better off to lead this paper. If you want you can take the reigns?