17 coaches online • Server time: 08:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was very happy to be involved, playing 3 funs games.

Impressions:

[1] It is so much more fun being allocated a random game than trying to find one on GF in ranked. No dodging, no weighing up the odds of winning or surviving, no - ehem - picking. Just activate and BAM, you're in a ga me and you gotta deal.

[2] Aside from Stonetroll's "ivil" picking with his Chaos, most of the games looked well matched. My rats landed Orcs twice, but managed a 0/1/1 and that was mainly due to dice. Was fun.

[3] Christer rocks.
Unforseen

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Had a game and the system seemed to work fine. I think it'll be interesting to see how it evolves as teams progress.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The first night of games for me was awesome, I didn't want to log off.

My first game I was outdiced by Stonetroll, but I think he has some voodoo going on there, so I let that one go Razz

Finally managed a win in my third game, which was so close the other player even apothed a BH.

To me it has the same Smack feel to it, but without having to get 8 people together at the same time to be able to play.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed out on all the fun Sad
Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i love it
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoyed my 3 games... I can see I will be playing Blackbox in the main in future.

Congratulations to Christer.

I decided to make a team I don't play very much, so I made humans, and have a poor record of 0/1/2 so far, being beaten up (but drawing) with Orcs, and being guttered by skaven and suffering with the dice vs some norse. Despite not winning it's been great fun though!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday evening was only funny due to the box:

I had some seriously RL issues called x-girl suckin up all the fun via a simple call and the bbox gave it back to me. Especially in the second game vs stoney, who diced my woodies again... but i outcassed him the second time in a row. And that was fun to me Smile

No really great thing! Havent had any games with TS difference more then 10. Only thingy i wonder bout is the handicaps that are included... shouldnt they been switched off in here? Oh and yes: I couldnt play the 7th game cause i must have been number 19 of the 19 player activated their teams and additionally to that the guy with the highest TS on the list, so thats okay with me.

---> I have proven the opposite!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had my first blackbox game yesterday and it was FUN.

You know, I have this feeling that Blackbox coaches just have a better attitude. It's probably just the excitement of the blackbox being new and all, but there was some sparkling fresh air around in DivB channel yesterday, and it also reflected ingame.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

didnt get the chance to play, which was slightly downheartening, but i must admit it was fantastic seeing such far out matches!
to see coaches half in shock at what they had been drawn against, its nice to see people having a ranked environment, but such random games only a tournament can match

i can see blackbox becoming my second home, and look forward to it becoming a stable division in the weeks to come

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A problem in R is that if you make a f.eks. orc team then you are doomed too only play vs Khemri/chaos ect. , and it looks like many of the elf can only get games vs other elf ; ) and that really spoil a lot of the fun in the game.
The problem as i see it in B allready now is that there is 90% basy teams and therfor its hard too make a soft team surive in B.

B wout (for me) be perfekt if ther where a way around this problem, but i donĀ“t know how, the only thing i can come up whit is that the race of your B team/teams will be random. The problem is that guys can just make a new one untill they get the race they want : (. The other option is that we all just stop beeing idiots, and that is not wery likely : )

And yes i made my Skaven befor i saw the statistick.
PorkusMaximus

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing with having a lot of bashy teams is that they will probably skill their players for bash vs bash games, guard and mighty blow taking priority over tackle etc. etc. Surely this would make it easier for agility teams, who will just blodge their way to victory assuming the dice aren't too cruel.

Unfortunately while I was preparing to play my first [B] game, I got a phone call from a friend who'd locked herself out. Apparently she'd put her keys in my jacket for some obscure reason and forgotten to take them out, didn't even know I had them. Had to ask the admins to remove my team from the BB before dashing out, hopefully didn't cause any problems.
spiggle

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i have to say that i joined yesterday for the fun element and i was pleasantly surprised. Due to a number of issues, my time on Fumbbl has been limited and i've not always had the time to play. The ranked environment puts me off with the constant stream of people trying to play your 100CR Halflings with their 139CR Orcs expecting you to play it, when you counter with your 149 undead, they soon knock it back.

I played 3 games yesterday, all games were reasonable, i played with brand new vamps in game one and was paired up against Wood Elves. The game was close and i got an early lead, he then scored 2 and proceded to clear the pitch of my team in the 2nd half with an unusual amount of KO's Very Happy

2nd game was my vamps again, this time paired down against Ogres, a nice 1-0 win for the vamps in a very tough match, a fantastic Hypno Gaze in the first half allowed me to sack a Gobbo and stop him scoring.

3rd game was my undead vs Khemri, a tough game but a good win, at one point i had both mummies off the pitch.

Overall i put 4 teams into the box and it brought out my vamps twice and my undead one, fairly random.

All the coaches were fun to play against and had a great enthusiasm and attitude whilst playing, all of them were around 20 CR points higher than me, so it game me a good oppurtunity to up my game against these coaches.

All in all a good experience and a great advert for Fumbbl.

When Christer runs this, please note that the next round won't start till all previous rounds games have been completed and Christer has emptied the box, he will then announce in the black box room that we are ready for the next round, you then have around 5-10 mins to activate your teams and be in the box.

Big grats to Christer for running this yesterday and putting the work in on a very successful trial.

Good fun

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
Uberskiller

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

You know, I have this feeling that Blackbox coaches just have a better attitude.

+

Lewdgrip wrote:
i love it

+

click

=

lol
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Uberskiller wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

You know, I have this feeling that Blackbox coaches just have a better attitude.

+

Lewdgrip wrote:
i love it

+

click

=

lol

qft
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say to implement a thing where your team cannot play the same race two games in a row, or somthing along those lines
at least then they'd be varity and you might no go bash-bash-bash-bash with an elf style team