40 coaches online • Server time: 12:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Oh, Jesus, I want to play!!!

Stupid work... getting in the way all the time...

*points*
*laughs*

--j

ImageImage
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I'm a bit worried about currently is having to activate every team. Early on, it's no issue, but down the road (where we'll have a bunch of sides each) I can see me wanting to rest a team, or play something else, or try something new. I realise the more active teams the better chance of a 'fair' fit, but perhaps there's a happy medium somewhere.

Maybe to be active in a round you must activate a minimum of half your teams? Something like that?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Sinner wrote:
Oh, Jesus, I want to play!!!

Stupid work... getting in the way all the time...

*points*
*laughs*

--j

Yeah I know... sad but true...

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The only thing I'm a bit worried about currently is having to activate every team. Early on, it's no issue, but down the road (where we'll have a bunch of sides each) I can see me wanting to rest a team, or play something else, or try something new. I realise the more active teams the better chance of a 'fair' fit, but perhaps there's a happy medium somewhere.

Maybe to be active in a round you must activate a minimum of half your teams? Something like that?

I could imagine this as an extra checkbox, which you check if you would really like to play this team. Checked teams would recieve a slight bonus to the matching factor, so they`d be paired more likely then non-checked teams.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have several teams, just the option to exclude 1 of them would be good. That way you still keep a bit of randomeness and fixes the problem if you have gotten 3 matchups in a row with the same team and is sick of playing it .

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The same question was put to Christer last night, but he said he had no plans to introduce any change to the current 'all in' system.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So that all orc-only-powergamers will get bored out of their mind... :p

Wait.. there are already coaches that only have orc teams in ranked... damn!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, good thing that I'll only use the Hellfish, then Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like how some of the suggestions have been directly in contrast with the entire idea of the blackbox format.

Looks like people are looking for more of a "grey box".

Or maybe like a tan box... y'know, where my elves don't keep getting matched up with bashy teams or coaches I don't like.

Or how about a pink box where my dwarves automatically get matched up with amazons? Let's make that happen too. Wink

[I think you're doin' a great job and I look forward to a life where I actually have enough time to try this system.]

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I`m certainly not looking for a purple box, where my 'whatever I play' gets matched against a random dorf/khemri/orc/chaos team.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe - a Purplebox seems a great idea....

Give the Chest / Goo axis ultimate power... POWER!!!

Ahem. Very Happy

Ahh well, if we stick 'all-in' then we stick all in. I'd imagine as the sides progress and stretch out in terms of TR/TS, it will be a case where everything has as much chance of playing.

If we <i>were</i> to introduce tournaments into the division (notwithstanding people not going nuts over the idea in the other thread), keeping it 'all-in' would really help wil keeping cheese at bay, no team can ever be 'ready' and stop playing when it wants. Smile
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Well.. I`m certainly not looking for a purple box, where my 'whatever I play' gets matched against a random dorf/khemri/orc/chaos team.

I've played 3 matches so far:
Dark Elves vs Orcs
Dark Elves vs Ogres
Dark Elves vs Humans

It's up to the community to play different races, I am of the opinion that enforcing a minority quota would be a bad thing for the black box. Ironically, if you happen to be matched against the same bashy races all the time and thus have to leave the blackbox, you're actually making the ratio even worse.

EDIT:
I see that one of your Blackbox teams is an orc team as well. And it looks like your opponents were:
Orc 2
Norse 1
Woodelf 2
Undead 1
Vampire 2
Khemri 1
Ogre 2
Necromantic 1

Not too bad, let's see how things develop before complaining about playing dorf/khemri/orc/chaos all the time, when you haven't even had a single match against Chaos or Dwarves.
Pro511

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are people complaining about the matchups? Or the fact that a large majority of the community plays bashy teams?

There is a blackbox game going on right now... by looking at "games" I see that of the teams playing right now it's:

[Edited to arrange by population]

Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Orc
Orc
Orc
Orc
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Necromantic
Necromantic
Ogre
Vampire
Lizardmen
Nurgle's Rotters
Human
Chaos Dwarf
Halfling
High Elf
Wood Elf
Dark Elf

Hrm... Wonder why folks keep getting paired up vs. bashy teams? Smile

In fact, if you wanted to have blackbox somehow avoid putting your skaven against a bashy team, it would have to cherry pick more fiercely than any coach could in R.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

See above. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 wrote:
Are people complaining about the matchups? Or the fact that a large majority of the community plays bashy teams?

There is a blackbox game going on right now... by looking at "games" I see that of the teams playing right now it's:

[Edited to arrange by population]

Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Orc
Orc
Orc
Orc
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Necromantic
Necromantic
Ogre
Vampire
Lizardmen
Nurgle's Rotters
Human
Chaos Dwarf
Halfling
High Elf
Wood Elf
Dark Elf

Hrm... Wonder why folks keep getting paired up vs. bashy teams? Smile

In fact, if you wanted to have blackbox somehow avoid putting your skaven against a bashy team, it would have to cherry pick more fiercely than any coach could in R.

I wonder why you post in the "reaction to first day of [B] testing when you've got no B team... Wink