14 coaches online • Server time: 07:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I wonder why you post in the "reaction to first day of [B] testing when you've got no B team... Wink

... because he is interested in taking part but hasnt got round to it Smile Give him some leeway, its not like hes stated a firm opinion and told us to comply with it or he'll pull the trigger Rolling Eyes

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Gatts

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

one very uplifting fact, right now there are almost as many B games going on as R games.. I like how this is looking.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

long live [B], [R]IP

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the frequency of the match ups to be increased from 30mins... when you want to pop in and have a quick game and realise you have to wait 25mins, its very annoying.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had fun.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I'd like the frequency of the match ups to be increased from 30mins... when you want to pop in and have a quick game and realise you have to wait 25mins, its very annoying.

....you seriously can't wait 25 minutes to get a virtually guaranteed matchup?

would you rather go wait 3 hours in ranked for a not-guaranteed matchup?...

jeez...

--j

ImageImage
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

If they start too often there might be too few coaches in waiting at the start-ups to prevent a good and balanced spread.

If you miss by 25 minutes you could play a Ranked, League or Stunty match instead. Or as Shadow pointed out, spend your 25 minutes trying to get a fair match in Ranked and then join the Blackbox queue when that fails Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:

....you seriously can't wait 25 minutes to get a virtually guaranteed matchup?

would you rather go wait 3 hours in ranked for a not-guaranteed matchup?...

jeez...

--j

I can get ranked games quite easily in Ranked because I dont cherry pick.... I have never had a trouble finding a game. So to me, ranked is quicker when I miss the 30min mark.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:

If they start too often there might be too few coaches in waiting at the start-ups to prevent a good and balanced spread.

If you miss by 25 minutes you could play a Ranked, League or Stunty match instead. Or as Shadow pointed out, spend your 25 minutes trying to get a fair match in Ranked and then join the Blackbox queue when that fails Wink

I do agree with your point... I guess given its early days then the risk of not having enough coaches is real. In fact my first attempt at Black Box was thwarted by having just 3 teams in the pool and no match ups were drawn. This occured in the middle of the day fumbbl time (I am an Aussie, playing in the Australian evening time). So whilst BBox is embryonic, I can see the need to have the 30min spread.

Hopefully the 30mins can be reduced if BBox becomes "the norm" for playing on fumbbl.
Backlash522

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing Halflings and Khemri as my 2 B teams.. got a skill with my flings and decided to wait to get it until after next activation so I could get a game with the Khemri.. seems to work that way... course you don't want to leave all your teams with skill selections .. but for the time being u can try it that way to play your other teams.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I`d say this is a bug.
Pro511

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Pro511 wrote:
Are people complaining about the matchups? Or the fact that a large majority of the community plays bashy teams?

There is a blackbox game going on right now... by looking at "games" I see that of the teams playing right now it's:

[Edited to arrange by population]

Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Khemri
Orc
Orc
Orc
Orc
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Dwarf
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Necromantic
Necromantic
Ogre
Vampire
Lizardmen
Nurgle's Rotters
Human
Chaos Dwarf
Halfling
High Elf
Wood Elf
Dark Elf

Hrm... Wonder why folks keep getting paired up vs. bashy teams? Smile

In fact, if you wanted to have blackbox somehow avoid putting your skaven against a bashy team, it would have to cherry pick more fiercely than any coach could in R.

I wonder why you post in the "reaction to first day of [B] testing when you've got no B team... Wink

Ah... the old "I looked at your profile and have determined that your opinion counts less" trick. I forgot I was on Fumbbl. Wink

I don't think anything I wrote misrepresented my lack of experience with blackbox. I posted it here because it directly related to the above posts and thought it was pretty relevant actually.

Besides, "Your opinion counts less because you like to coach Dwarves" is a way cooler attack on me. Just ask anyone. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right. Sorry. Had a bad day at work.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Backlash522 wrote:
I'm playing Halflings and Khemri as my 2 B teams.. got a skill with my flings and decided to wait to get it until after next activation so I could get a game with the Khemri.. seems to work that way... course you don't want to leave all your teams with skill selections .. but for the time being u can try it that way to play your other teams.

wow, thumbs up! you found a weak spot to abuse! want an award?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Gromrilram wrote:
Backlash522 wrote:

wow, thumbs up! you found a weak spot to abuse! want an award?

Since its in testing this kind of thing is important...

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: