32 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 11:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is a quick list of issues I'm aware of, and will look into maybe changing.

* Halfling (and possibly goblin) TS being too low
- Tweaked. Flings and gobbos have a higher TS now.

* Repeat matches against the same opponent
- Tweaked. Lower probability of this happening now.

* Handicaps may need some looking into.

* Possibility to mark teams as "preferred" making them more likely to be scheduled.

I will update this post as I'm made aware of possible issues.

Last edited by Christer on Nov 25, 2008 - 00:33; edited 2 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Handicaps? They need to be turned off or accounted for in some way. Theres probably issues with whatever approach you take.

Wizard TS, not high on a list of priorities but 5TS is probably too low. Cant say I've played enough games with wizards to know for sure though.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing handicaps are already valued at 5 TS in your formula as they are in the formula for CR? In that case it's not that much of an issue.

Changing the TS for flings and goblins is a good idea, provided the changes are aimed at the skills and not the basic player value. After all, rookie stunties are not that good. On the other hand, guys like this: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=4336412 could certainly do with a little tweak. No way a dp fling is as much TS as a rookie one Shocked

edit: same goes for a fling with diving tackle.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 08:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It appears that the Blackbox checks for pending skills on ALL of your teams when you attempt to Activate for a round, not just your Blackbox teams. So, if you have a Ranked team with skills pending, you cannot activate.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 5 TS Value for Wizards is not unreasonable, they are one shot wonders, afer all.

With Halflings, I think the TS issue is with the additional chef's.

They cost 20k to Hire, but the affect is -1 Reroll +1 Reroll * (5/6) Given a Halfling reroll is 60k and others are 40-70 then 60 + 60 * (5/6) = 10 TS in not unreasonable (for additional chefs only).

This does not take into affect the additional TS adjustment for 0 rerolls, but I think 10 TS will be a big enough swing to bring the Halfling TS to where it should be.
mightyblow

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats assuming they are stealing a RR at all.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mightyblow wrote:

No * (5/6) counts that in. You might as well say that MB is only good if you actually manage to hurt someone with it.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
mightyblow wrote:

No * (5/6) counts that in. You might as well say that MB is only good if you actually manage to hurt someone with it.

No, in [B] you do not know how many RR the other has. So you have to guess how many chiefs you have to buy. If you guess to high, the chief is worth less, as he steals no RR (still you get one).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Snowmelter wrote:
Tinkywinky wrote:
mightyblow wrote:

No, in [B] you do not know how many RR the other has. So you have to guess how many chiefs you have to buy. If you guess to high, the chief is worth less, as he steals no RR (still you get one).

Thats why I reccomended costing them at 8TS each.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you don't think this is clutter. If I understand correctly you activate after :25 or :55 and draw at :30 and :00 respectively. I think you should give an error if someone tries to activate between 01 - 24 and 31 - 54 as you will just get cleared anyway.
reroller

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Seem to have run across a problem in my first black box match Sad

Opponent had a disconnect, and I waited the 15 minutes but he didn't come back online. Was hoping to abandon the game and play in the next black box cycle - but my team is still scheduled to play his. Not sure if this is a bug, or will be fixed when the next cycle begins, but thought best to post here.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe add a feature to retire your teams if you repent in time. I know it's only 5 minutes, but many things can happen Laughing (e.g. someone just happens to offer you a nice game in ranked and you don't want to be in the box anymore - based on real facts)
reroller

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, team remains locked to play my first opponent, so not sure if that needs fixing.

On another note, you can two Black Box teams and play a game with one of them even if the other has been scheduled. Not sure if that is a problem or not.

Great fun though, won 4-0 with my rats against a front loaded orc team and had a blast. Had to retire my poor rats after a death, 2 niggles and a first skill aged niggle on a double for a gutter runner - big smile on my face as I write this!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

reroller, either go to #FUMBBLadmin and ask there or submit a Support Ticket detailing your problem.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
maybe add a feature to retire your teams if you repent in time. I know it's only 5 minutes, but many things can happen Laughing (e.g. someone just happens to offer you a nice game in ranked and you don't want to be in the box anymore - based on real facts)

Why on earth would you give up a chance of a wonderful non-picky [B] game to take part in the [R]elic div?
 Jump to: