57 coaches online • Server time: 11:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
CL - sorry, i don't understand how the scheduler works, really...

CircularLogic wrote:
It`s true, the scheduler generates 3 lists of matchups:
1) The scheduler starts with the highest siutability and then matches downward.

ok, sounds reasonable (except for that it doesn't include the factor "preferred team")

CircularLogic wrote:
2) The scheduler starts with the best matchup for the coach that has submitted the worst choice for other coaches and works upward.

i don't get this part, what's the "worst choice for other coaches" and so on? Confused

CircularLogic wrote:
3) Random coch is picked and matched with his best siutability - then another random coach is picked and so on.

i think from what i've written before it should be clear, that in cases 1 and 3 - there would've been a better matchup of my team with another team of the exact same coach that i got matched with - so i doubt it was working according to one of those cases (as far as i understand), but i really don't get how case 2 is supposed to work Sad

in neither of the 3 cases you've given "preferred team" seems to be of any relevance - is that intended?

OK.. clarify from what I have understood reading Christers explanations and from a chat with him:
At first, siutability scores for all teams for all possible (that is within the 15TS limit) team combinations are calculated. As a result, each coach has a best matchup and this matchup will have a suitability score. This score varies, as soon as matches are made, because there is a possibility, that your best matching opponent is drawn to play in another match.

So the three lists differ, in what order matches are generated, starting from that list with all coaches and the score of their best possible matchup. Note that those scores already invovle random factors, racial calculations and team preference modificators.

List 1: Match the coach that has the highest score on his best match with his best match.
This list will result in a few really good matches, but coaches that started out with only mediocre matches as their best match will come out even worse.
List 2: Match the coach that has the lowest score on his best match with his best match.
This list will have many OK matchups. Rarely the matches are really good, but you also avoid the really bad ones.
List 3: Take a random coach and match him with his best match.
This list will be a random mix of option 1 and 2.

Now the average siutability of all lists is calculated and the list with the highest one is taken.

That means, if you have the best partners and List 2 is taken, then you are left out on an uneven number. If you have only 1 shitty match and List 1 is taken, then you are out. Anyone could lose out on option 3, though the more good matches with others you have the better the chances. List 1 and 3 can also result in coaches not being drawn on even numbers or more than 1 coach being left out. This is when their few possible matches are taken away before they were matched.

Hope that cleared up the matchmaking process - but it still doesn`t solve the activiation thing.
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

CL, thx for elaborating how the algorithm works - seems all quite reasonable...

...puzzles me even more, though - i've now managed to not get my undead drawn for 26 consecutive games though i've activated them as preferred team on every draw...

...i'll post again when i'm either above 50 or they finally get to play Wink
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

treb: I used to have this problem with a Nurgle team. activated it every time (think I counted 10 consecutive times), but the box always chose something else.

so in the end I decided to chose my other team, and that worked. it picked my Nurgle team right away.

strange

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2009 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
treb: I used to have this problem with a Nurgle team. activated it every time (think I counted 10 consecutive times), but the box always chose something else.

so in the end I decided to chose my other team, and that worked. it picked my Nurgle team right away.

strange

lol, that sucks Confused
 Jump to: